Anyone else not conceding the title

Grumpy Old Git

Like everyone on here really disappointed at the performance and result.
Why we played walking football beyond me.
Only outfield players to emerge with credit Cantwell and Sima.
I could not believe the absence of Diomande could create such a hole in the middle of the park.

We can and will talk about all the reasons that this happened but I truly believe that the title is up for grabs.
I don’t believe Paedos will not drop points in the run in and we need to believe.
Obviously we need to win at the Paedodrome and if the mentality is wobbly how can we expect to win.
In saying that this is entirely possible and if we can go to Betis in a must win we can go there.
Or
Have we all just thrown in the towel?

It’s unlikely but we must keep the faith.
WATP.

Admin edit:
Please don’t post entire posts in italics.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not conceding as stranger things have happened, but it’s highly unlikely we go to Celtic Park and win, yet that’s what we need to do.

On your Diomande point, I can’t believe he misses a game with a sore finger. It’s everything that’s wrong with modern football.

Feels like a real sucker punch. Anything can happen, the last 5 games are against the best in the league, so in theory they have as many difficult games as we do. The concern for me is that we’ve seen this movie with these players before, and can’t help but think they are much stronger mentally for a title run in than our players are.

I could not believe the absence of Diomande could create such a hole in the middle of the park.

We can and will talk about all the reasons that this happened but I truly believe that the title is up for grabs.
I don’t believe Paedos will not drop points in the run in and we need to believe.
Obviously we need to win at the Paedodrome and if the mentality is wobbly how can we expect to win.
In saying that this is entirely possible and if we can go to Betis in a must win we can go there.
Or

WATP.
You’ll likely get pelters but it’s crazy talk giving up just now.

It’s still ours to lose.

I highly doubt we win it, this current group of players don’t have the quality to win it. Were shite at keeping clean sheets now, we’re also shite at taking our chances, not a great mix.

Or

WATP.
Sums up the big loser element of our support!

No, not conceding it yet. If we can win on Wednesday we'd be a point behind with 5 games to play, it would be ridiculous to concede in that position.

BUT... I think we all know what's coming at Parkhead.
Agreed, when the next game we are only one point behind. However, we need a miracle to win at the Piggery.

Players don't look up for it and we have a striker who just can't score goals so I think it would take a huge effort to win the league now. Much as last weeks results was a point gained we really had to win against them to really crank up the pressure but we have blown it again. I for one doubt very much we can now go on to win the league.

Totally understand why someone would think it's not over yet but to be honest with you I am almost resigned to accepting we are going to witness one of the least successful periods in the clubs top flight history.

We are winning 1 title every decade at this rate, that's what being a fan of this club means accepting.

Totally bored with the folk running the club and guys who have been here for years being bullied by average Celtic teams.

Until we win 2 or 3 titles in a row we are simply just a team waiting once every decade for a very bad season from Celtic to win a title.

I said back when PC was appointed I'd be happy if it was a neck and neck finish. That would be progress considering where we have been. As it stands today it may go to the last game of the season. I see Celtic and Ross County busting a gut, playing a pressing game which we don't seem to have in our armoury. Stevie G had the players busting a gut to succeed but PC doesn't seem to have this. Clement should watch videos of our 55 season, then he will know what is required.

The difference is when we drop points at this stage they won’t let it slip like we do. Hope I’m wrong

Not conceding as stranger things have happened, but it’s highly unlikely we go to Celtic Park and win, yet that’s what we need to do.

On your Diomande point, I can’t believe he misses a game with a sore finger. It’s everything that’s wrong with modern football.
Exactly the same opinion.

I’m not conceding it. Not while it’s in our hands ffs.
I keep seeing people post this. How in anyway is it in our hands? We’re 4 points behind. We need to go away and play in a tattie field having won 4 points in 12 and conceded 6 goals in the last two games. We also likely need to beat the mentally challengeds at the paedodome, which this group of players haven’t done since Gerrard left.

It’s very much in Celtic’s hands.

Celtic could just as easily lose or drop points at Hearts and Kilmarnock. It's a title race, too many of our fans have spent a decade wallowing in misery over embracing it for what it is.
Too many of our fans have seen us win one title in their lifetime.

We've been over this same depressing story countless times.

They have their tails up, WE have handed the momentum back to them.
I'm not gonna lie, I had the absolute fear that we wouldn't take 6 from 6 going into the split.
The Dundee debacle hasn't helped us one bit been saying as much for weeks.
First postponement allowed Celtic to go top and playing yesterday allowed them to go 4 ahead heaping pressure on us. Points on the board are way better than games in hand.

It’s not over but it nearly is.
It’s amazing that they bought a couple of no marks from the Japanese J league and they might make the difference.
The fecking J league, everyone else they bought in has been shite.
The team we are in Europe is so different to what we see in the league in games that matter.
So disappointing.

I'm conceding phuck all.
Win on Wednesday and we are right in it.
I believe we won't lose at the piggery.
I also believe they will drop points
Did we ever think we were winning the league away to Hibs when they scum were 1-0 with 88mins played at Fir Park?
While there is a chance I'll believe!!

Too many of our fans have seen us win one title in their lifetime.

We've been over this same depressing story countless times.
Too many Celtic fans hadn't seen them win anything until 2000. Too many Rangers fans in the 60s and 70s hadn't seen Rangers win an awful lot, ditto a section in the 80s. We're the most successful club ever near enough despite these large spells of finishing second or worse. 2012 happened and set us back the best part of 10 years, we're just about finishing that recovery now and we're in a good place to win 2/3 trophies available and have a reasonable chance of getting all 3.

I’m not given up hope, but we’ve just made it so much more difficult now. I’m very disappointed with today’s result. We were rubbish. They need to shake themselves off and keep fighting.

Deep down i had massive doubts this time last Sunday, i wasnt buying into the 2nd half performance , it was the first half that bothered me.
After today if you still think this Rangers team can win the league then good luck to you.
Maybe ive been watching football for too many years.

Not conceded it yet but Its very much there's to lose now still got a chance but just don't see it with this squad

Back