Anyone else not conceding the title

Not against anyone trying to remain positive but we’ve been here and seen it before with the same players year after year. Same players, same outcome.

We won’t win at the chamber of secrets. So we need them to drop points in two other games. Never gonna happen, and even at the we need to win every game outwith, Also not going to happen.

1 point in 9 agaist them and 2 of those games were at home.
People need to get their head out the sand.
We ain't going there snd winning.
Again.....bottling it.
Where is the fight and desire
Bust a gut ....
Some culprits ......
Stick your stats.
I want winners in my team.
And dont get me started on that starting 11

A few days ago, we were all chatting on the thread from October that conceded the title and saying how dramatic the panty wetters were.

In the next breath, we all also admitted this season had a few twists and turns still to run.

Well, here’s the first of those twists.

Not impossible as they will drop points. Killie and Hearts are both very capable of taking points off them.

however I have very little faith in our squad going to their place and getting a positive result.

It's not impossible but there's literally nothing suggesting we will beat them there.

More than likely we'll be like rabbits in the headlights and 2 or 3 goals down at half time
I hope the players don’t display the same attitude as yourself.
Let’s go ah feck it and just hand them the title.

Here’s a scenario that’s unlikely but not impossible.
We win all our games apart from a draw at the Paedodrome.
They drop points at Kilmarnock.

Whilst its likely that lot will drop points, right now it's more likely that we drop more than they do.

I keep seeing people post this. How in anyway is it in our hands? We’re 4 points behind. We need to go away and play in a tattie field having won 4 points in 12 and conceded 6 goals in the last two games. We also likely need to beat the mentally challengeds at the paedodome, which this group of players haven’t done since Gerrard left.

It’s very much in Celtic’s hands.
Because it is in our hands. Win all our games and we win the league.

Its the very definition of “in our hands”

It would only be “out of our hands” if we had to rely on another team taking something off Celtic.

Our form since killie away has dropped off a cliff. The manager went straight up the tunnel today and seemed disgusted by what he saw. I can only hope he's put rockets up their arses and we see a change in attitude from Wednesday onwards.

I admire the optimism, but two times in a week we've had the chance to stake our claim for the title and failed twice.

I keep seeing people post this. How in anyway is it in our hands? We’re 4 points behind. We need to go away and play in a tattie field having won 4 points in 12 and conceded 6 goals in the last two games. We also likely need to beat the mentally challengeds at the paedodome, which this group of players haven’t done since Gerrard left.

It’s very much in Celtic’s hands.
See 56 alternative scenario.

Not entirely giving up yet but there has to be a massive upturn in attitude and approach to the remaining games the last three or four have been riddled with basic errors as has the overall game plan and that's not good enough the buck stops with the management .

The lethargy has crept back in and nothing has been done to address it collectively the team are at fault we've been here before three times in fact .

Nothing short of a convincing win on Wednesday to start they ball rolling forget the shite about 5G pitches Windy days or The general shit state of that fucking pitch in Dundee if playable just get the job done .

You can’t concede the title when you can still win it without relying on another team to take points of that lot
I'm fairly sure some of the people throwing in the towel here have had to go back and pick it back up 9 or 10 times this season. The first time being the away game at Kilmarnock on the opening day - I'm guessing the venn diagram between those chucking it today and then would be a circle. It's just a modern mentality thing, shaped by social media responses that see people fluctuate more wildly between everything is amazing and everything is doomed at the drop of a hat.

Like everyone on here really disappointed at the performance and result.
Why we played walking football beyond me.
Only outfield players to emerge with credit Cantwell and Sima.
I could not believe the absence of Diomande could create such a hole in the middle of the park.

We can and will talk about all the reasons that this happened but I truly believe that the title is up for grabs.
I don’t believe Paedos will not drop points in the run in and we need to believe.
Obviously we need to win at the Paedodrome and if the mentality is wobbly how can we expect to win.
In saying that this is entirely possible and if we can go to Betis in a must win we can go there.
Or
Have we all just thrown in the towel?

It’s unlikely but we must keep the faith.
WATP.
Technically of course we can still win it but, today due to the lack of winning mentality & attitude from the players, its so much tougher!

It would be silly to concede the title with it in our own hands

However, we’ve fucking shat it and have no chance.

Concede ?

No. We have to pick ourselves up and win on Wednesday. Then it’s one point. I’ve seen us win titles from worse positions than that.

But the other side of the coin is I’ve lost the belief.

I believed we would win it at 12pm today and now I don’t. The pathways to it just got a lot narrower.

I still believe they could drop points - had we gone into the split 2 clear then one more slip from them would have taken it out of their hands.

Unlike others I thought we could genuinely have lost at Torbett towers and still won the title. All it would have took was a draw at Kilmarnock or something for them.

Now it starts to look a lot harder for us. Clearly defeat there is now terminal.

I think our only hope is get out of there by hook or crook with a draw and pray they slip up at Rugby park. But every calculation relies on Rangers winning all the other games and that clearly can’t be relied on. Today was pretty much the gimme of the last 7 games and we fucked it

I could not believe the absence of Diomande could create such a hole in the middle of the park.
It's not 2005 and we don't have big Marv or novo
We can and will talk about all the reasons that this happened but I truly believe that the title is up for grabs.
I don’t believe Paedos will not drop points in the run in and we need to believe.
Obviously we need to win at the Paedodrome and if the mentality is wobbly how can we expect to win.
In saying that this is entirely possible and if we can go to Betis in a must win we can go there.
Or

WATP.

It's not over until its over. I just hope this group of players somehow manage to pull off what they've failed on many occasions to do though.
Stranger things have happened.

Never conceded anything until its done, we can still win this, a few of months back I'd have bitten your hand off to still be in this title race at the split, even more so for it still to be in our own hands. Roll on Wednesday then Sunday and we fight on until its no longer possible

Not with the serial bottlers in the team. 5 years ago we lost to Aberdeen in the SC quarter final replay. Back four included Tavernier Goldson & Barisic. Five years on our defence still included the three of them. How many crucial games in those five years have we failed to win?
With them and a reliance on Dessers, Matondo and Silva to score the goals then no, I can't see us winning this league now.

Not conceding it. But I don’t have a lot of faith in this Rangers team picking up 3 points at Dundee on Wednesday night far less winning at Parkhead.

There was nothing in that lazy, low energy performance today which suggested that this squad want to win the title anything like as much as our support want us to win the title.

Definitely not. Today is obviously a blow but it's still very tight as long as we win on Wednesday.

Even before today I felt whoever wins at the piggery wins the league, that hasn't changed regardless of how today went.

Not given up on it yet. Even a draw at the chamber and I’ll still believe until they’ve played at Rugby park.

Not throwing in the towel yet. I remember the 05 season we were in a far worse position, after losing to Celtic via a Craig Bellamy goal we looked totally done for but Celtic contrived to lose at home to hibs then to motherwell.

I said last week would have been the decider and we failed imo. Last week felt like a lose for me and today was the icing on the cake

Because it is in our hands. Win all our games and we win the league.

Its the very definition of “in our hands”

It would only be “out of our hands” if we had to rely on another team taking something off Celtic.
And Celtic don’t need to win all of their games and they’ll still be able to win the league.

It’s definitely in their hands. It can’t be in both team’s hands.

I’m by no means conceding the league. But I’ll be extremely surprised if we do.

Celtic could just as easily lose or drop points at Hearts and Kilmarnock. It's a title race, too many of our fans have spent a decade wallowing in misery over embracing it for what it is.

I agree with you however this team just don't have the mentality to be consistent winners.

We could pull off a result at the Piggery then draw at Dens. That's this Rangers team.

Potentially treble winners too. Unbelievable.

This is what a title race is like. It’s the shots you don’t see coming that do the damage. A couple of positive results this week will change the mood but we really do have no room for error now.

We can still take it back to 1 point before the split so it would be insane to concede defeat here and now.

Damaging defeat that today though. A lot of trust lost in the players to take advantage of any slips that might come from the other lot.

Or

WATP.
Not me

I am as this team has never got a result when it’s required domestically. Say what you want about the lit across the road but they turn up when there is something on the line. That’s 2 horrific performances at Ross county that’s cost us a league. Tav for all his goals and assists can go as we need a leader that can step up when the chips are down. Goldson and Lundstram
I’d also like to see moved on.

Doesn’t really matter if you or I are conceding it or otherwise.

The people that matter are the jobbies in the dressing room and they’ve proven time and time again they simply do not have it in them.

Reactions: VGM
I can never concede it until it's mathematical, the outcome is bad enough to take never mind an extra few weeks of feeling that crap.

See 56 alternative scenario.
“I hope the players don’t display the same attitude as yourself.
Let’s go ah feck it and just hand them the title.”

That’s an excerpt from your post #56. Our players have done quite a good job of trying to hand Celtic the title. They’re quite experienced at it in fact.

I’m giving up till it’s numerically impossible to win the league and I hope that’s the attitude of every one of our players. Too often we have a few prancing about as though they are entitled to win a game before they set foot on the pitch - they are cosseted at our club, have the best of everything but are found wanting against less skilful teams who seem to be mentally tougher and able to bite and scratch for a win.
Let’s see the reaction in the next game; hopefully it’s not a display of nerves!

I'm not conceding the title.

I am, though, sick of Rangers doing everything the hard way and players who do everything the hard way, it's costly.

It can be done, and we can do it, but it looked easier to do a fortnight ago than it does today.

I admire the optimism, but two times in a week we've had the chance to stake our claim for the title and failed twice.
Today was far worse than last week as well.

Last week at least showed a bit of fight, but it was a total false flag again. 6 from 6 and we'd have been looking out the bunting. 1 point is a disgrace.

I'm not conceding anything to those filthy scum but that's not really of any relevance.
It's the team that need to decide whether its over or not.
We have been in worse positions and won Championships against much better scum teams. Its unarguable that we have had a horrendous run of late and look a total mess at times, culminating in that abortion today but we now know what is required. No margin for error, no slips, no goal difference, no going to the piggery for a draw, no slow starts, no excuses. Just go out and win these 6 games.

We’ve made it extremely difficult for ourselves again, but it’s far from over. I don’t expect them to win all their games either. We’ll now need to least a point at the chamber of secrets though

It's still in our hands but we need to start making drastic changes and I mean drastic

Leon for Goldson
Davies for borna until yilmaz is back

Sterling for Lundstrum

Sima up front we can have Matondo, McCausland, wright or silva out wide

Dessers is a back up ST at best

Or

WATP.
Celtic need to drop points in 40% of their games. We probably need to win 100% of ours.
How likely does that seem?

Back