Paddy Power pay out on Celtic winning the league

How very honourable of PP.

Considering the mutants were about 1/20, Paddy won't exactly be going bust at paying out on half a dozen giros at 1/20.

They pay out early on loads of stuff, some times if backfires, sometimes it doesn't.

The cost of the payouts is negated by the publicity.

It's all part of the PP banter. It's easy to suggest that they're pro-Celtic because it's an Irish company, but they spend their time bamming up absolutely everyone. I enjoy the rest of their feed, so I'll not get wound up when it's Rangers' turn.

Working in their PR/marketing/media teams must be an absolute riot; free reign to noise up whoever you want.

It's a PR move and typical of their style.

There certainly isn't any anti Rangers conern, they give Celtic a tonne of grief too.

They pay out early on loads of stuff, some times if backfires, sometimes it doesn't.

The cost of the payouts is negated by the publicity.
There'll be next to no costs in this case.
At 1/20ish, they are doing little more than returning stakes.

You could say a win/win for PP, but hopefully a few bears tell them to ram it.
I did years ago when they went with the "New Rangers" pish.

It's just a wind up, nothing to wet yourself over.

They wind up the manky mob just as much,

I'm never positive or get carried away. We are going to challenge them all the way. Still to add players and we look miles ahead of the other ten so far. I wouldn't back them at evens

the payout will be on single bets only not accas hardly any exposure to risk in turn for the free articles in the usual rags

paddy power are good at what they do and will have a joke at anyones expense

Ronson. Apparently they've "seen enough after this weekend".

How I pray we ram it down every one of these cunts throats come May '19

Extremely foolish and naive of them, they forget Celtic were home against Livingston, beating Livinsgston at home does not make Celtic title favourites, Rangers were away to Aberdeen and played the majority of the match down to 10 men, how convenient of them to ignore that fact.

It may be a publicity stunt but it's also open to serious abuse is it not?
I'm really surprised there aren't rules against this sort of thing in the industry.

Does anyone check who could profit out of this?

Edit: Money laundering rules anyone????

Total publicity stunt. They will hardly be losing any money, but a few folk will probably now be looking at the odds on Rangers to win the title and maybe putting a little bet on.

Paddy Power are scum, they genuinely used to be hilarious, they ripped the piss out of the mhanks and us, now they go way ott on us and it really isn’t funny, trying to pander to the unwashed amongst their followers.

Someone tweet the idiots saying - " if you are that sure of celtic winning the league, why not put the odds of Rangers winning it uo to 100/1"

It's a wee publicity stunt. They won't have taken much on this bet as the odds are so short.

This.

Easy publicity for them. The payouts will come under the huge marketing budget. And as Woodrow says, with such short odds they won't have much to pay out on.

Back