Peter Brackley (commentator) has died.

Really good commentator and remember him well from the glory days of Football Italia. When James Richardson handed over the broadcast to him just before kickoff, Peter Brackley's first words were always "Thank you James". Daft things I remember!

I wouldn't know what he looked like but would recognise his voice straight away.

Very sad loved his commentary! Serie A on ch4 sundays was pretty much all you had back in the day for live fitba b4 sky really kicked off

Not only was he knowledgable, he was unassuming, quiet and avoided hyperbole in his commentary - the polar opposite of many mic jockeys on the tv nowadays.

Will be sadly missed

He was on the BT Sport documentary about football Italia fairly recently.

Obviously he was older but he looked quite healthy for his age

Really sad news, he was someone who made it all sound so easy. Listening to him commentate on the likes of Baresi, Maldini, de Piero, van Basten, Gullit et al was part of my football education as a kid.

Sad news. A fine and informative commentator, loved the Italian football back in the 90s.

Sad news, he was brilliant on C4 coverage of Italian football.
It is sad news;had a great rapport with what would have been the earliest of co-commentator(ex-player pundits); an innovation at the time; particularly players with the Italian connection such as Joe Jordan and Ray Wilkins;who gave great insight;and made for brilliant viewing. Condolences to his family and friends.

Great commentator along with another departed one Brian Moore.

Barry Davies was great on the BBC in his day too.

Ciao Peter.

Spent many a Sunday afternoon listening to his commentary on the Italian football, one of the best at his chosen field.

Sad news. There was a documentary on BT Sport, actually not long before Ray passed away, about Channel 4’s Italian football coverage and it brought back great memories. For what it cost channel 4 for a full season of Serie A back in the early 90’s, today you would get about 4 minutes of Huddersfield Vs Palace.

Anyway, RIP Peter
RAVANELLI!

Bit gutted to hear about that. He was pretty much part of my teenage years growing up playing Pro Evolution Soccer. Recently wondered what had happened to him and to see if was still commentating as well. RIP

Back