Jacko blames Scotland results on Regan

Strachan was terrible for Scotland. He won a few dead rubbers when he first took over then had a decent start to the Euro2016 campaign and lived off it for the rest of his failed tenure.

The roots of Scotland's footballing demise go back a lot further than Chesney, pizza face

FACT. Strachan couldn't get even Scotland into a play off match to qualify for a 24 , yes 24 team Euro championship . If I was as shite at my job as him I would never get a shift . If he was the answer I am fuvked if I know what the question was .

Regan is no more a clown than Doncaster, Strachan, McKay, the referees... the list of underperformers within power in Scottish football is unfathomably long.

In the time that Regan and Doncaster have been in charge Scotland have had:

Craig Levein, Gordon Strachan and now McLeish.

I think the real problem is the two names who have been leeching off Scottish football for the last 8/9 years with no result.

S.F.A. a protected species, and answerable to no chunt it would seem!in what other business would you keep your job,with the results and chaos that this mhanky mob have created and been involved in?

TBF to Strachan, since the beginning of 2013/14 season :

Competitively - he only lost to Germany, England, Slovakia and Georgia
Friendlies - he only lost to Italy, Denmark, France and England.

Now you can argue that Strachan should've went after two failed campaigns but the one thing he did have Scotland doing was competing. But the idea McLeish was the man to improve on his efforts was so boneheaded and nonsensical that it could almost have been taken as some sort of practical joke on the country.

McLeish is taking this team to a whole new level of shittiness.

Brush_Strokes_2.jpg

The roots of Scotland's footballing demise go back a lot further than Chesney, pizza face

Exactly.

It’s the result of about 30 years of institutional failure in the administration and oversight of the game in this country, recent incumbents of the prominent positions haven’t helped any but it predates them by a long way.

Jackson mentions several times that hardly anyone wanted McLeish in the job and he is not liked by the Tartan Army, but he completely ignores the elephant in the room...…. Why is that the case Keef?

Oh, that's right, it's because he was once the manager of Rangers.

Go on Keef, grow a pair and say it.

Regan and Doncaster were and still are Liewell's place men, Regan outlived his usefulness and was moved on. The other is still in place dancing to his masters tune, everything that is wrong with Scottish football begins and end with those three and others in the SFA, SPFL taking their orders from Liewell.

It's bizarre to say the least but that is the message being parroted in the papers and on social media this last week: that Strachan should have bern kept. Frightening.

Many of Strachan's team were ageing. New, younger players have to be tried where possible and they are making costly mistakes. Despite what Provan says, playing inexperienced players against Belguim and Portugal won't help inexperienced players be confident and players lacking confidence won't get us anywhere.

Last night was a friendly we were not expected to win. There's too much hysteria around this, much of it generated by the likes of Jackson who seems to have a personal agenda in almost everything he writes.

It's bizarre to say the least but that is the message being parroted in the papers and on social media this last week: that Strachan should have bern kept. Frightening.
Anybody got links to the phone-ins after Strachan’s last game?
No, they weren’t demanding McLeish be appointed but I don’t remember too many wanting Strachan retained.

'Mediocre' indeed but maybe a bit generous to a few. But let's just blame Eck because he used manage Rangers and quit the Scotland job for more pay. No wonder Michael O'Neill dodged this particular bullet.

Remember the SFA failed to get Michael O'Neil before they embarrassingly turned to McLeish.

It's pretty obvious Scottish Football should be looking overseas as the representatives from Largs have produced nothing but failure.

what next, Derek McInnes??

TBF to Strachan, since the beginning of 2013/14 season :

Competitively - he only lost to Germany, England, Slovakia and Georgia
Friendlies - he only lost to Italy, Denmark, France and England.

Now you can argue that Strachan should've went after two failed campaigns but the one thing he did have Scotland doing was competing. But the idea McLeish was the man to improve on his efforts was so boneheaded and nonsensical that it could almost have been taken as some sort of practical joke on the country.

McLeish is taking this team to a whole new level of shittiness.

Strachan should have went after two failed campaigns.

The minute every home nation bar us qualified for Euro 2016 has job became untenable.

You can't have nations like:

Northern Ireland
Albania
Wales
Iceland
Hungary
Slovakia
Republic of Ireland

Qualifying for major tournaments whilst Scotland miss out and expect to keep your job.

I feel for big Eck but think he is a square peg in a round hole.
However the people running our game are seriously out of touch with the modern game and are in self preservation mode.......that is abundantly clear.

Remember the SFA failed to get Michael O'Neil before they embarrassingly turned to McLeish.

It's pretty obvious Scottish Football should be looking overseas as the representatives from Largs have produced nothing but failure.

what next, Derek McInnes??

Probably.

And if not McInnes; Steve Clarke or (god forbid) Neil Lennon. Maybe they'll go back for Avril seeing as they seem to be recycling through previous failed managers now.

Or if they're feeling ambitious they'll go for a higher profile (but equally dour and uninspiring) Paul Lambert or Davie Moyes.

Scotland will get nowhere until they appoint a better standard of manager. They need to find their own version of Lars Lagerback and what he did for the Icelandic team but then that might mean some of the mentally challenged wonderbhoys might be dropped and we can't have that.

Hard to believe anyone with half a brain is blaming Scotland's ills on getting rid of chesney

I am not a fan of Strachan but there is no escaping that he is miles ahead of McLeish these days. I was a huge fan of McLeish and wanted him to get our job after Caixhina was sacked. After the Israel game last week and also listening to McLeish since then I am just happy that Rangers did not appoint him. Scotland's problems are deep but big Alex's best days are behind him and he is not the answer.

It's Regan's fault is it?

Strange but I can't remember Keech, getting in about Regan when he brought the Scottish game into disrepute by telling foreign referees a pack of lies surrounding the referees' strike in 2010.

The head honho of the SFA telling lies? I mean isn't that why Dougie McDonald had to go?

Jackson, like all the other assorted scum who masquerade as journalists up here should have been calling for his head back then for embarrassing the whole Scottish game, but they didn't.

Strange that.

Last edited:
Bill leckie om talksport there asked what's wrong with Scottish football, his answer was the teachers strike and souness coming to us
So its the fault of teachers and Rangers

Back