Anyone Scored more Long Bangers then the Gaffer?

cooperman

Since there's no real footy on this weekend, and to get myself in the mood for for the new Gerrard film.I saw this on youtube

Now Lampard may have scored more, but he's more of just a box to box midfilder and Scholes also scored some crackers but his main strength is dictating the pace and flow of a match and both were great great players.

But can anyone think of a player who has scored as many long bangers as the gaffer? I mean the power, pace, technique and accuracy and above all the consistency of his shooting is unreal

Aye a term commonly used to describe goals scored from shots at distance,

I can honestly say that in 32 years going to football I’ve never heard this term :D

Anyway to answer your question there won’t be many that can compete with him, particularly because of the stage he did it on.

I wouldn't call his wife a banger

article-1291625-0A4D836F000005DC-618_468x486.jpg

How? just because you've never heard of it

I don't think The hammer did it as often as the gaffer though, plus most of Albertz's were low in the right coner, thr gaffer had a better range of shots

There's ten goals between them in total so it can't be far off.

Does the bottom corner not count?

Some of those goals border on the ridiculous

He was a ridiculously good player. I grew up despising Liverpool but always liked Gerrard - world class player, captain, leader and inspiration.

He could hit a ball, especially his half volley 50 yard passes that's always landed on a teammates boot.

I'll maintain his goal against West ham in the fa cup final is one of the best you will ever see. The technique to execute that half volley on the bounce in the last minute from that distance is something to behold.
I'll maintain his goal against West ham in the fa cup final is one of the best you will ever see. The technique to execute that half volley on the bounce in the last minute from that distance is something to behold.
I thought the 1 against Man u where he just curled itwas a bit tasty

Probably age dimming the memory, but I seem to remember most of Le Tissiers ( that weren't penalties where he got 47 from 48 attempts ) were crackers.

Back