Anyone Scored more Long Bangers then the Gaffer?

Whit? Never heard that,ever.
Long bangers are link sausages.
Right, when did the term long bangers start getting used and what banger came up with it?

Sounds like something that moron Paul Merson would say.
Probably age dimming the memory, but I seem to remember most of Le Tissiers ( that weren't penalties where he got 47 from 48 attempts ) were crackers.
how Le Tissiers only got 8 caps for England yet they were playing the likes of Calton Palmer I'll never know.

AR-160419400.jpg&MaxH=225&imageVersion=16by9&NCS_modified=20160416150222

how Le Tissiers only got 8 caps for England yet they were playing the likes of Calton Palmer I'll never know.
Hoddle picked him and Mutton for a B international, Mutton refused to play and his international career was over, Tiss played, scored a hat trick, hit the bar and set up a goal, but still didn't make the world cup squad. He may have been a lazy trainer, but he had that flash of genius to be able to turn a game that England so often ignored or underused ( Worthington, Marsh, Currie etc ).

Long bangers, never heard that before.

You've just made that up and are now trying to cover your tracks by telling us it's a well known phrase. :D

Growing up in the 70/80s this dood sticks in the memory as when he hit it, it stayed hit.

After that, I think the Angel Gabriel wins all hands down.

Genius of a player.

What the fĂĽck is a long banger :D

I checked the rule book and it has the following explanation of a long banger :

42.C sub section 15 - A long banger is any goal scoring shot taken outwith the 18 yard box that is above the height of a grass cutter.

Worth noting how early he takes the shot everytime, totally catches the keeper and defence off guard

Leaving aside the OP's humorous description of long range shots. Bobby Charlton, close thread. Oh and with both feet.

Mendieta, Nedved, Le Tissier all spring to mind for doing it regularly as well as Gerrard and more or less the same era.

Not only was his goals outstanding.. a lot of them were important goals aswell which make them that bit more special.

Not until you watch all those goals at once you see that he was quite easily, one of the best in the world.

The technique on some of those goals. He had some shot on him. He hasn't lot it either as the recent video of him online was showing!

Definitely not. Not that I can think of anyway.

Its the stage he done it on and the big goals that he scored as well that make Gerrard stand out.

Back