Katic
Halliday

Jack
Coulibaly
Arfield

Candieas
Morelos
Gredza

I actually think Gerrard will go with Worral instead of Katic but I would not be surprised if McAuley is kept for the game at Tynecastle.

Flanigan has been targeted by our opponents for the last few Europa games so unless Barasic comes straight in I can see Halliday keeping his place.

Tough on Middleton but Gredza has been looking sharp, that front 3 would cause a lot of problems.

McGregor
Tavernier
Barisic
Katic/McCauley
Goldson
Jack
Coulibaly
Arfield
Middleton
Morelos
Candieas

McGregor
Tav (C) Goldson Worrall Flanagan (just a feeling)
Coulibaly Jack Arfield
Candeias Morelos Middleton.

Ejaria has to play for me. Think Grezda will start but Middleton hasn't done anything to deserve losing his place.

Shagger
Tav Goldson Worrell Halliday
Ejaria Jack Arfield
Candieas Morelos Grezda

I'd put money on McAuley starting,big Gareth certainly got the best out of his partner today.
Goldson looked so confident beside him.

Katic over Worrall
Anyone over Coulibaly
Toss up between Middleton and Grezda although I think Middleton could make more of an impact off the bench tbh.

I'd put money on McAuley starting,big Gareth certainly got the best out of his partner today.
Goldson looked so confident beside him.

Is he registered for the Europa League?

Why are some omitting Ejaria from our midfield

He is by far the most talented midfielder we have , to leave him out leaves us with a unimaginative midfield!

Mainly because we cannot afford to lose the midfield battle, ejaria is pretty on the eye, but in reality often does very little with the ball.
That’s my reason anyway
Jack offers protection
Coulibaly legs and protection
Arfield goals

If Barisic is fit put him straight in.

The left back situation is killing us going forward and is actively being targeted by opposition teams.

A Barisic even at 60% fitness is by far and away the best option.

I think McAuley and Goldson will start and he rested Morelos and Gredza who are in good form so you could probably guess the team with the exception of left back.

Ejaria has to play for me. Think Grezda will start but Middleton hasn't done anything to deserve losing his place.

Shagger
Tav Goldson Worrell Halliday
Ejaria Jack Arfield
Candieas Morelos Grezda
I think grezda will start as Middleton will be kept for the hearts game I will be more physical and I think he's more used to than than grezda right now

Katic over Worrall
Anyone over Coulibaly
Toss up between Middleton and Grezda although I think Middleton could make more of an impact off the bench tbh.

Is he registered for the Europa League?
He came On against Spartak

Prioritise / use the squad. Extremely busy period of games coming up!!!

Villarreal:

McGregor
Tav Goldson Worral Flanagan
Coulibaly McCrorie Ejaria
Candeias Lafferty Grezda​

Hearts:
McGregor
Tav Goldson McAuley Halliday
Arfield Jack Ejaria
Candeias Morelos Kent (if fit)​

McGregor
Tav McAuley Goldson Barisic
Coulibaly Jack Arfield
Candeias Morelos Grezda
Wouldn't be against having Middleton in for Grezda.

McGregor

Tav
Goldson
Katic
Halliday

Jack
Coulibaly
Arfield

Candieas
Morelos
Gredza

I actually think Gerrard will go with Worral instead of Katic but I would not be surprised if McAuley is kept for the game at Tynecastle.

Flanigan has been targeted by our opponents for the last few Europa games so unless Barasic comes straight in I can see Halliday keeping his place.

Tough on Middleton but Gredza has been looking sharp, that front 3 would cause a lot of problems.

It seems that Katic is now 4th choice central defender considering he never made the bench yesterday, so unlikely he will start.

The rest of your team won't be far away imo.

Why are some omitting Ejaria from our midfield

He is by far the most talented midfielder we have , to leave him out leaves us with a unimaginative midfield!

His form has been poor recently that’s why, Coulibaly came on yesterday and got involved with one of the goals.
Jack and Ejaria weren’t doing that.
Jack sitting with Coulibaly and Arfield in the other midfield positions with Middleton and Candieas our wide for me.

Grezda Morelos Candeias
Arfield Ejaria Jack
Halliday Katić Goldson Tavernier
McGregor
^ I think this will be the side that starts,Ejaria and Grezda are probably suited more to a European style although it would be very tough on young Middleton in fairness.Big Gareth has steadied the defence but not sure if he's registered for Europe?

Edit - ignore me,just seen above post and remembered.

McGregor

Tavernier
Goldson
MacAuley
Halliday

Candeias
Ejaria
Arfield
Jack
Middleton

Morelos

Surprised to see so many saying throw Barasic straight back in. Personally, I’d have him on the bench and try and get him 20/25 minutes before the game away to Hearts.

McGregor
Tav Goldson Worrall Halliday
Jack
Coulibaly Arfield
Candeias Morelos Grezda

McGregor

Tavernier
Goldson
Worrall
Flanagan

Ejaria
Arfield
Coulibaly

Candeias
Morelos
Grezda

Wouldn't be my team but that's who I think Gerrard will start.

Prioritise / use the squad. Extremely busy period of games coming up!!!

Villarreal:

McGregor
Tav Goldson Worral Flanagan
Coulibaly McCrorie Ejaria
Candeias Lafferty Grezda​

Hearts:
McGregor
Tav Goldson McAuley Halliday
Arfield Jack Ejaria
Candeias Morelos Kent (if fit)​

That team for Villarreal is stinking. We're still trying to get out the group, not throwing it away

Barasic back in full training on Monday, he absolutely must come back in if fit.
Worrall alongside Goldson. All our midfielders are steady Eddie's but Arfield and Ejaria offer better ball retention for Euro nights, the front 3 pick themselves with Kent out

Mainly because we cannot afford to lose the midfield battle, ejaria is pretty on the eye, but in reality often does very little with the ball.
That’s my reason anyway
Jack offers protection
Coulibaly legs and protection
Arfield goals
His form has been poor recently that’s why, Coulibaly came on yesterday and got involved with one of the goals.
Jack and Ejaria weren’t doing that.
Jack sitting with Coulibaly and Arfield in the other midfield positions with Middleton and Candieas our wide for me.

I would say arfield form has been poor almost all season and as for Coulibaly, I don’t think he is the player a lot on here think he is!

We need Middleton for set pieces. His deliveries are fantastic and given his form (although he was quiet yesterday) I would start him.

Middleton is our most attacking player right now. In a match like this he must play for his corners alone. Tavs corners are dreadful as are Hallidays. Middletons are deadly.

I think the only doubts are the left-sided centre-back, left full-back and left-wing quite honestly.

I reckon he will bring in Worrall for McAuley and I think Flanagan is likely to get the start ahead of Barisic - who may well be fit but won't be match-fit - and Halliday. Grezda will get the nod ahead of Middleton.

......................McGregor.....………………….
Tavernier...Goldson...Worrall...Flanagan
………...Jack.......Ejaria.......Arfield...……..
Candeias...….…...Morelos...…........Grezda

I would say arfield form has been poor almost all season and as for Coulibaly, I don’t think he is the player a lot on here think he is!

Arfield scores goals though and when he’s around the box he takes a marker away from Morelos
Ejaria is good I’m not arguing on that, I just think I’d rather more physicality than nice touches with little end product

Back