Progres and the Danes

ThomasMRFC

Anyone know if we reach the groups can we be punished for songs sung at the games after st Joseph’s. The thing that seems strange is that most uefa charges are cited a few days after the game. Not 6 months what has changed . I honestly wouldn’t put it past uefa to close Ibrox for the group games. Is this possible

Clear as mud it seems. Posts last night suggesting once action has been taken no further will be taken until punishment implemented though don't think was absolutely confirmed.

Of course it’s possible, it could be even worse than shutting down Ibrox they could throw us out the competition.

1st strike is partial ground closure
2cnd is full ground closure
3rd is thrown out of competition

We’ve had 5 games since St Joseph’s.

Of course it’s possible, it could be even worse than shutting down Ibrox they could throw us out the competition.

That would seem grossly unfair it should start now. But it’s fare and it’s uefa so I guess it’s there ball they can do what they want. I doubt uefa even know what the naughty words mean fare just tell them. The whole thing is a farce with the number of fines across the city. Most clubs get a suspended stadium closure before a actual one. Why are we different

Knowing the corrupt and unpredictable nature of EUFA this is entirely possible.

However I think that they will let things go having hit us with such a severe sanction, only acting again if these songs are heard in future games.

And by the way they will act. Its deadly serious now.

What I don't understand is what makes them decide to take action at a particular game though. Why St Joseph's?

We were told they were at most of our games last year and nothing happened. I'd be willing to bet my life the same songs were sung then so who knows what will happen.

The sanctions UEFA announced yesterday (to all clubs not just to Rangers) appear to have covered QR1 and QR2. It would appear from that there are no charges arising from the Progres game. QR3 and, indeed, the first leg of the play-off rounds have still to be dealt with/announced.

Given we got done for the St Josephs game I'd be very surprised if we didn't get done for any of the subsequent ones. As you would expect, there are unsubstantiated rumours circulating about both QR3 and the first leg against Legia.:(

The next level of punishment up is a full stadium closure plus the possibility of a fine thrown in as well. After that - it's expulsion.

I had hoped that UEFA had dealt with all previous rounds as a catch-all punishment - but that now looks unlikely. We are in real jeopardy here and, since it's after the event now, all we can do is sit and wait.

What I don't understand is what makes them decide to take action at a particular game though. Why St Joseph's?

We were told they were at most of our games last year and nothing happened. I'd be willing to bet my life the same songs were sung then so who knows what will happen.

The suggestion is FARE did complain to UEFA but they didn't react because it was low level and they had other matters. It appears the accumulation and persistence of FARE has resulted in this censure.

The sanctions UEFA announced yesterday (to all clubs not just to Rangers) appear to have covered QR1 and QR2. It would appear from that there are no charges arising from the Progres game. QR3 and, indeed, the first leg of the play-off rounds have still to be dealt with/announced.

Given we got done for the St Josephs game I'd be very surprised if we didn't get done for any of the subsequent ones. As you would expect, there are unsubstantiated rumours circulating about both QR3 and the first leg against Legia.:(

The next level of punishment up is a full stadium closure plus the possibility of a fine thrown in as well. After that - it's expulsion.

I had hoped that UEFA had dealt with all previous rounds as a catch-all punishment - but that now looks unlikely. We are in real jeopardy here and, since it's after the event now, all we can do is sit and wait.
As I said a few posts up why are folk certain we will get done for games subsequent to St Joseph's when we didn't get once last season and all the same songs would have been sung. Seems extremely inconsistent and haphazard so who knows.

The UEFA deligate at the game reported it.

That would be a tipping point the club would have to act and call out uefa. You can’t be punished given a sanction then not given a chance to change your ways. Theoretical if we got done for the Danes and Legia first leg we could be expelled without even given a chance to change. The fans, the club in that situation would have to act and personally no matter the rewards I’d be finished with Europe.

This is a worry. Surely you have to be given a chance after the punishment to redeem yourself? Seen that rumour on twitter that we have been reported for singing during the Warsaw game ? This could be a catastrophe here. When do the reports get submitted ?

The suggestion is FARE did complain to UEFA but they didn't react because it was low level and they had other matters. It appears the accumulation and persistence of FARE has resulted in this censure.
Ah christ who knows then mate.

Nobody needs to worry about anything that's gone on before. Any further punishments are for behaviour going forward from now.

The whole point of the punishment is to force good behaviour.

Get our house in order, starting tomorrow, and we can all get back to enjoying our good start to the season. It really is that simple.

My take on it is that Fare have been on to UEFA after every game of ours but UEFA have let it slide as low level and our past history of Fare. But after all the shite we have had this season already especially Killie game, probably Spiers, BBC employees, random Tim’s Liewell, some Glasgow MPs/MSPs/EMPs all bending their ear then with UEFA delegate reporting us they have snapped

That would be a tipping point the club would have to act and call out uefa. You can’t be punished given a sanction then not given a chance to change your ways. Theoretical if we got done for the Danes and Legia first leg we could be expelled without even given a chance to change. The fans, the club in that situation would have to act and personally no matter the rewards I’d be finished with Europe.
Absolutely. Should we be expelled then the club need to give it both barrels (even Wheeling out the whataboutery which I'm in no way a fan of).

I’m pretty sure a Norwegian wouldn’t have a clue the significance of the BB etc, but FARE however, are we’ll primed by Piara Powar.
They would have looked into our previous charges and would have known what to look/listen for.

Looking at recent history of sanctions for similar offences away from home would likely result in us being instructed by UEFA not to take our next away allocation. We could well be facing a stadium closure for a future home game (e.g. caused during the game against the Danes at Ibrox) but that would likely be suspended for a probationary period in the first instance. Not playing it down though as that is horrendous enough.

we have only ever been punished for one word - 19th Century Terrorist . So everything else is ok yeah? Nope as soon as that goes the stuff about the pope/ira will be next. Until our entire culture is gone. And then what’s next the union I seriously worry this country will be a republic in next few years when the snp get there way. We will have nothing left and they will have everything. They came 100 years ago and claim they were second rate citizens now we are in our own country

we have only ever been punished for one word - 19th Century Terrorist . So everything else is ok yeah? Nope as soon as that goes the stuff about the pope/ira will be next. Until our entire culture is gone. And then what’s next the union I seriously worry this country will be a republic in next few years when the snp get there way. We will have nothing left and they will have everything. They came 100 years ago and claim they were second rate citizens now we are in our own country

Let the come after our unionist traditions they have no chance. But FTP would not be tolerated in any other league. Let's not kid ourselves on here.

I'll say this now.

How many other teams have been expelled from a UEFA Competition midway through it?

It would be astonishing, unprecedented and unjustified.

I find it hard to believe it's even a possibilty. Closed stadiums certainly are and that would be castastrophic of course. But throwing us out? If they're going to throw teams out, why haven't they started with the genuinely racist ones?

I believe we’re going to be done again over the Legia game.
The songsheet after the game when fans were kept behind would certainly see us fall foul of UEFA’s rules again.

I’m not 100% on that, though, so don’t take it as gospel.

This is very concerning. How depressing this is reading that mate.

That's the end game, of course. The destruction of the Union.

I rather think it's now inevitable. Chip Chip Chipping away at it for over a decade now.

I agree, it would be crazy. Would we be surprised?

I reckon it certain that FARE have reported us - they always do. It doesn't follow that UEFA will sanction us though - but the risk is most certainly there.

That would seem grossly unfair it should start now. But it’s fare and it’s uefa so I guess it’s there ball they can do what they want. I doubt uefa even know what the naughty words mean fare just tell them. The whole thing is a farce with the number of fines across the city. Most clubs get a suspended stadium closure before a actual one. Why are we different
We’re not. Ajax got a partial closure and s fine for their first one.

I'll say this now.

How many other teams have been expelled from a UEFA Competition midway through it?

I find it hard to believe it's even a possibilty. Closed stadiums certainly are and that would be castastrophic of course. But throwing us out? If they're going to throw teams out, why haven't they started with the genuinely racist ones?
Correct. If Russian, Serbian, Croatian and Turkish teams can avoid expulsion then surely they can't justify it for us?

No the pope/ira is now.

The songsheet after the game when fans were kept behind would certainly see us fall foul of UEFA’s rules again.

I can’t see it. It will be games going forward. We’ve already been sanctioned.

I can’t see it. It will be games going forward. We’ve already been sanctioned

Those who are suggesting that we don’t need to worry re Legia are 100% wrong unfortunately. We are getting done for that too.

I believe that to be punished for using the word 19th Century Terrorist which the real 19th Century Terrorists are quite proud to call themselves is not an issue, there is documented banner displays to confirm this and we should go direct to the European court of human rights as we are being victimised for something that is not what FARE, or EUFA say it is.

FARE reported us in every single European game last year and uefa took no action. FARe weren't happy they were ignored. Getting their wish this year though

I'll say this now.

European competition being denied has only ever taken place for match fixing and breaking fianacial fair play rules as far as I can see.

If you think about it though when you reach stadium closure stage there isn't anyone in attendance that can commit the next offence for the ultimate sanction. I guess that would happen if you achieved a 3 match behind closed doors sanction then immediately re-offended the next game where supporters were allowed back in.

Expulsion is extremely unlikely but it's an extremely undesirable position we are in already.

Back