Progres and the Danes

I believe that to be punished for using the word 19th Century Terrorist which the real 19th Century Terrorists are quite proud to call themselves is not an issue, there is documented banner displays to confirm this and we should go direct to the European court of human rights as we are being victimised for something that is not what FARE, or EUFA say it is.

All sounds very nice until you recall that some black folks refer to themselves by using the N word. You try using it and see where it lands you.

I believe that to be punished for using the word 19th Century Terrorist which the real 19th Century Terrorists are quite proud to call themselves is not an issue, there is documented banner displays to confirm this and we should go direct to the European court of human rights as we are being victimised for something that is not what FARE, or EUFA say it is.

Who is "We" though? The club should have challenged the false narrative around the word "19th Century Terrorist" a decade ago.

Instead that regime chose to demonise its own fans. The current board, willingly or otherwise, has had to follow the chain of events that started back in the mid Noughties.

We're no longer in a position to fight about the "19th Century Terrorist" word.

Although I did pose the question in another thread yesterday about how someone who has used that word is prosecuted in court. Someone said a Bear had previously been imprisoned on sectarian grounds for saying "19th Century Terrorist".

What perplexes me is, did no one have a dictionary handy? Were his legal team just not very good? Or is the whole story bollocks?

What grounds are there to arrest someone for using that word?

European competition being denied has only ever taken place for match fixing and breaking fianacial fair play rules as far as I can see.

If you think about it though when you reach stadium closure stage there isn't anyone in attendance that can commit the next offence for the ultimate sanction. I guess that would happen if you achieved a 3 match behind closed doors sanction then immediately re-offended the next game where supporters were allowed back in.

Expulsion is extremely unlikely but it's an extremely undesirable position we are in already.

Of course its undesirable. Of course we need to soul search and act.

But I personally think talk of us being thrown out is just fueling the flames of hysteria.

I can’t say any more.
But I do think we’re getting done for Legia.

If that is the case the club being requested by UEFA to refuse tickets for our next away European game is likely (based upon sanctions delivered to other teams this year alone).

It’s not.
It’s a very real possibility if we do not sort this with immediate effect.

I'll ask again then, seeing as you purport to know something others don't:

If they're serious about throwing Clubs out of competitions, why haven't they started with those Russian, Serbian etc clubs who've consistently fallen foul of the rules?

What I don't understand is what makes them decide to take action at a particular game though. Why St Joseph's?

We were told they were at most of our games last year and nothing happened. I'd be willing to bet my life the same songs were sung then so who knows what will happen.

Million dollar question

It can’t be random

I'll ask again then, seeing as you purport to know something others don't:

If they're serious about throwing Clubs out of competitions, why haven't they started with those Russian, Serbian etc clubs who've consistently fallen foul of the rules?

I don’t know, I don’t work for UEFA.

I can’t be any clearer, though.
If we don’t sort this out, we will end up being banned from Europe – and this isn’t me scaremongering.

Of course it’s possible, it could be even worse than shutting down Ibrox they could throw us out the competition.

1st strike is partial ground closure
2cnd is full ground closure
3rd is thrown out of competition

We’ve had 5 games since St Joseph’s.

So your saying the game next week is a dead rubber ??

We can’t. It’s wrong but uefa don’t allow you to go to the courts. It’s there competition there ball their rules

What I don't understand is what makes them decide to take action at a particular game though. Why St Joseph's?

We were told they were at most of our games last year and nothing happened. I'd be willing to bet my life the same songs were sung then so who knows what will happen.
Possibly it could have been any of the games because we were reported in them all by FARE. It could be the case that EUFA had more damning evidence to charge us for singing against St Joseph's.

It doesn't really matter what game it's for. The charge has been accepted by the club and we now have to box very cleverly indeed.

Possibly it could have been any of the games because we were reported in them all by FARE. It could be the case that EUFA had more damning evidence to charge us for singing against St Joseph's.

It doesn't really matter what game it's for. The charge has been accepted by the club and we now have to box very cleverly indeed.

We need to be very clever and come out now and say from now on we will be engaging with fans to make sure there’s no repeat bla bla.

I'll say this now.

How many other teams have been expelled from a UEFA Competition midway through it?

It would be astonishing, unprecedented and unjustified.

I find it hard to believe it's even a possibilty. Closed stadiums certainly are and that would be castastrophic of course. But throwing us out? If they're going to throw teams out, why haven't they started with the genuinely racist ones?

AEK Athens weren’t thrown out of Europe when their fans threw a petrol bomb into the Ajax end last season.

Seriously if Uefa deems that trying to burn people alive isn’t worth an expulsion from Europe competition but a few songs are that would be incredible.

AEK Athens weren’t thrown out of Europe when their fans threw a petrol bomb into the Ajax end last season.

Seriously if Uefa deems that trying to burn people alive isn’t worth an expulsion from Europe competition but a few songs are that would be incredible.

Indeed.

I get that European football is now essentially the be all and end all. But lets for a moment imagine we were somehow expelled from Europe. When the example above you give isn't. When Russian fans making monkey sounds and throwing bananas aren't.....If Rangers were punished in a way that these clubs aren't, then what more proof of an agenda would we need?

And frankly, what would be the point of even competing in their competitions anymore?

Without European income we will barely be competitive on the domestic scene either.

It's about time the blinkered wake up to where this all might end.

Nobody needs to worry about anything that's gone on before. Any further punishments are for behaviour going forward from now.

The whole point of the punishment is to force good behaviour.

Get our house in order, starting tomorrow, and we can all get back to enjoying our good start to the season. It really is that simple.
I hope you are right mate,for my own peace of mind,is that something official that you have seen or are you hoping that is the case.

It's not official but it's 100% true.
It is not official because it is simply not true. As will prove to be the case unfortunately. Punishment for Warsaw has certainly not been determined. But the club do know that we are being, or have been, reported for Legia.

It is not official because it is simply not true. As will prove to be the case unfortunately. Punishment for Warsaw has certainly not been determined. But the club do know that we are being, or have been, reported for Legia.
Exactly this - if we win on Thursday we'll not get any tickets for the first away game in the groups.

I will be honest, in the current climate if that is the only punishment we face I will be relived. I honestly fear worse.
The club is going to be in a position where it doesn’t have a substantive defence to charges re Warsaw. All we can do is plead mitigation as regards the penalty and effectively argue that the St Joseph’s punishment has been a huge lesson to us. We are going to be punished re Warsaw so it is all about how bad the punishment is.

I will be honest, in the current climate if that is the only punishment we face I will be relieved. I honestly fear worse.
Perhaps in theory but it will be more questions for the manager and players to answer on the subject, and the game itself will be inherently more difficult for us without any fans.

Gerrard looked thoroughly pissed off yesterday and this will just make matters worse.

Back