Aaron Hickey

Barker96

Only just turned 17 but this boy looks a real talent. Has always put in good performances whenever I've watched him play & managed to get the winner in their derby yesterday, albeit with a deflected effort. He's one I'd like to see us snap up if possible. Certainly wouldn't like to see him end up at the mentally challengeds.

Also - if Steve Clarke had any sense he'd be including him in the next Scotland squad ahead of that donkey O'Donnell, but that's a debate for another day I suppose.

Only just turned 17 but this boy looks a real talent. Has always put in good performances whenever I've watched him play & managed to get the winner in their derby yesterday, albeit with a deflected effort. He's one I'd like to see us snap up if possible. Certainly wouldn't like to see him end up at the mentally challengeds.

Also - if Steve Clarke had any sense he'd be including him in the next Scotland squad ahead of that donkey O'Donnell, but that's a debate for another day I suppose.

Hickey is a left back. O'Donnell is a right back.

The boy wàs released from Celtic 18months ago as wasnt good enough in their youth system and had no game time. He has done ok in a poor hearts team he is going to be up and down all season with performances. But levein played 2 inverted full backs yesterday which was interesting in itself.

Steve Clarke would be absolutely mad to include a 17 year old kid in that Scotland team and not play him at his favoured position.

He'd struggle like hell.

He's better than Barker anyway ;)

same lad committed a stupid/ridiculous foul that ended up with him being sent off against Aberdeen in which Hearts went from a winning 2-1 position to losing the match ............

Can’t help but think back a couple of years to Harry Cochrane breaking through at 16 and being the next bright young thing.

I like Cochrane and hope he can get his career back on track. Hearts over-played him and it led to injuries and fatigue. He’s currently on loan at Dunfermline.

Hickey got a goal with the help of a wee deflection. Other than that he had a fairly ‘ordinary’ impact on the game. I’ve not seen enough of him yet to judge if he will develop into a senior player but Hearts would do well to learn from their mistakes with Cochrane. The demands on these youngsters, physically and mentally, is much higher than it was even 25 years ago. Cochrane is, and will be, the better player.

I think the OP has made a good point. Definitely one to keep an eye on over this season.

With regards to him being released from Celtic. They also released Andy Robertson at the same age as Hickey and whatever happened to him?

I don’t think we can compare every young player to Robertson.

I heard the same with people going daft over Cochrane and now hes on loan at dunfermline.

I do think hickey looks decent. Too early to be thinking of signing. We have nathan Patterson coming through at full back who I'm excited by.

I thought the boy Meshino looked very good yesterday. He was the only one who looked to play in the first half and his football intelligence was clearly greater than almost everyone else on the pitch. It’ll obviously be interesting to see what happens over an entire season but judging by what I saw yesterday, he looks exactly the kind of player we were looking for in the summer. Small, creative number ten with a bit of trickery.

Steve Clarke would be absolutely mad to include a 17 year old kid in that Scotland team and not play him at his favoured position.

He'd struggle like hell.
steve clarke probably is absolutely mad drunk and as long as the lad doesn't play for us he might get a call from the maddy that is scotlands boss and struggle like hell after running like a clown for 10miles

Jesus Christ, the guys only just started his career, he's just turned 17 and plays for a piss poor Hearts team.
Talk about getting ahead of yourself!

The boy wàs released from Celtic 18months ago as wasnt good enough in their youth system and had no game time. He has done ok in a poor hearts team he is going to be up and down all season with performances. But levein played 2 inverted full backs yesterday which was interesting in itself.
No he wasn’t - he was offered a lesser contract 1 yr - he played over at hearts before and was offered a 2 year deal and his dad felt that he would get a chance at the Jambos. That’s why he left.

I thought the boy Meshino looked very good yesterday. He was the only one who looked to play in the first half and his football intelligence was clearly greater than almost everyone else on the pitch. It’ll obviously be interesting to see what happens over an entire season but judging by what I saw yesterday, he looks exactly the kind of player we were looking for in the summer. Small, creative number ten with a bit of trickery.
I started a thread on him last week, he is a fantastic player and would fit in far better at Ibrox than Tynecastle. Levein played a blinder getting him in.

Looks like the type of signing we should be making - for the future, young Scottish, value added but only if we don’t have better in our own academy

Remember Harry Cochrane ( I think) he was the next boy wonder......

James Penrice is another to watch currently at Partick Thistle, won’t be there much longer. Played loads of first team football last couple of seasons.

We have kai kennedy who will no doubt be in our plans for the 10 role

Back