Alfie watch - Colombia vs Peru

Love the wee man. Absolutely delighted for him getting his International goals off to a start. I have absolutely no doubt he'll be banging them in for club and country for a long time.

not having this I’m afraid. It’s another one of those weird myths our fans get prone to repeating, doing our players down. Alfie’s team play and decision making in the final third are fairly exceptional. Pretty sure he had the second most assists in our squad last season behind Tavernier. And is currently third this season behind Tav and Borna.

A number 9 with record-breaking scoring form and also exceptional creativity is pretty unique.

Not a myth at all. He still shoots from crazy angles but he has an unbelievable knack of scoring from crazy angles too. I would also suggest he passes at times when he should just hit it. I’m not criticising Alfie at all - there is no doubt he is massively improved his decision making but I am simply pointing out the greedy bastard trait runs strong in him and I’m glad it does.

Maybe for the first season or so he was like that, this season his build up play and teamwork has been exceptional.

It’s a trait that’s still present at times. Yes it’s a lot less these days but he’s still prone to it and so he should be. It’s the same dimension just about all great goal scorers have had. It’s not a criticism at all.

How much money have the other members of the Colombia national team went for?
James Rodregez Total transfer fees: £126.57m
Falcao Total transfer fees: 103,03 mil. €.
Alfredo Total transfer fees: £1.53m

wh could help get his numbers ip after 55 or 56 if im gready and the bidding can start at 30m+ . I loooooove Alfie

Well in Alfie. :)) I’m not convinced it was his goal right enough, but that’s what it seems the records will say. Looked to come off the keeper and hit Davinson Sanchez before eventually going over the line. Difficult to tell for certain though so I’m happy to go with Morelos goal.
People have had a holiday on here for less

Pretty funny reading the Colombian team is made up of greedy bastards with questionable decision making in the last third. So they are all like Alfie!!! :))

The difference is this trait is generally a good thing in a number 9. Less so in a 10 or a wide man........
To be fair to Alfie he's really adapted his playing style this season. He will drop deep and pull wide and passes the ball a lot more than he did before. I know you want strikers to be shooting more often than not but I think he has a good balance. His teammates were constantly running into trouble or shooting from 30+ yards rather than passing to players in better positions.

Last edited:
Useless baśtard only scores international goals, last minute winners, goals against dross and against last 8 CL teams.

sell for 4 cans of Bru and a tunnocks tea cake
We're gonna win the tunnocks tea cake cup so maybe we should try get a few blue ribands for Alfie instead.

Pretty funny reading the Colombian team is made up of greedy bastards with questionable decision making in the last third. So they are all like Alfie!!! :))

The difference is this trait is generally a good thing in a number 9. Less so in a 10 or a wide man........

No, Alfie can be a little selfish at times, but no more than any other CF tbh. These guys were an absolute riot, just completely ignoring when a pass was on, trying to skin five players at a time every time. When the ball would break in a good position and they had a chance to play in a teammate they'd turn back and try to beat two defenders to work an opening instead. Cuadrado and Muriel especially bad.

We are going to get a fortune for the wee man his stock just keeps rising

For any joker claiming it didn’t cross the line, it’s actually fairly clear on replay. Likewise after carefully slowing down a replay, it does not hit Davinson, and trust me this Colombian team are selfish twats so if it did hit Davinson you can bet yer baws to a barn dance he’d have claimed it

EJfMCHhXkAAaiMP

ALFREDO MORELOS admitted he was delighted to break his international duck after scoring his first goal for Colombia.
The Rangers striker grabbed his 23rd goal of the season and his first for Colombia in his fifth appearance by netting an injury time winner in a 1-0 victory against Peru in Florida.

Morelos, 23, pounced to bury a rebound and helped Carlos Queiroz's side to a win against their fellow South American opponents in Miami.

And the Ibrox ace was thrilled to get off the mark.
He said: "The goal was just intuition on my part, but it feels great to score my first ever goal for my country especially so late in the game.

"It's always a huge honour to play for my country and I feel very proud I was able to score too.
"It wasn't the best game in the world, but the important thing was to get the win.

"I have always said it was important for me to score my country and it's another step on what has been a great season for me so far at Rangers.

"And now I have scored my first goal, I hope to go on and score many, many more."

Morelos will be hoping to add to his tally on Tuesday when Colombia face Ecuador in New Jersey.

Just read this thread from the start expecting it to end depressing then Alfie scores halfway through and its cured my hangover!!

Same, I woke up, and being the sad bastard I always go straight on my phone to check FF. When I saw this thread had 200 odd replies i thought, “Yas, the wee man has scored. But, aw shit, what if he’s been injured or sent off??”

Gave a big fist pump when I saw he’d scored, as if he was playing for us.

ALFREDO MORELOS admitted he was delighted to break his international duck after scoring his first goal for Colombia.
The Rangers striker grabbed his 23rd goal of the season and his first for Colombia in his fifth appearance by netting an injury time winner in a 1-0 victory against Peru in Florida.

Morelos, 23, pounced to bury a rebound and helped Carlos Queiroz's side to a win against their fellow South American opponents in Miami.

And the Ibrox ace was thrilled to get off the mark.
He said: "The goal was just intuition on my part, but it feels great to score my first ever goal for my country especially so late in the game.

"It's always a huge honour to play for my country and I feel very proud I was able to score too.
"It wasn't the best game in the world, but the important thing was to get the win.

"I have always said it was important for me to score my country and it's another step on what has been a great season for me so far at Rangers.

"And now I have scored my first goal, I hope to go on and score many, many more."

Morelos will be hoping to add to his tally on Tuesday when Colombia face Ecuador in New Jersey.

It says there it’s his 5th appearance but wasn’t that just his second start IITN ?

Fell asleep around 60 minutes haha, watched the most dire 60 minutes ever and he ended up scoring after it. Get in Buff

Not a myth at all. He still shoots from crazy angles but he has an unbelievable knack of scoring from crazy angles too. I would also suggest he passes at times when he should just hit it. I’m not criticising Alfie at all - there is no doubt he is massively improved his decision making but I am simply pointing out the greedy bastard trait runs strong in him and I’m glad it does.

It’s a trait that’s still present at times. Yes it’s a lot less these days but he’s still prone to it and so he should be. It’s the same dimension just about all great goal scorers have had. It’s not a criticism at all.

so the second most creative player in our squad last season and 3rd most productive this season - who is also a record breaking goalscorer at the same time - is greedy?

Ever considered that your standards might be a little too high?

so the second most creative player in our squad last season and 3rd most productive this season - who is also a record breaking goalscorer at the same time - is greedy?

Ever considered that your standards might be a little too high?

I have incredibly high standards for Morelos yes. I believe he is that good and had lots more room for improvement if he is to get tk the very very top.

It is also disingenuous to use assists to say he is more creative than say Ryan Kent. He’s our absolute focal point of attack so should have plenty assists based on where he is on the pitch 90% of the time.

Other posters have replied explaining how greedy and bad the decision making from the other Colombians was. What they have described is nowhere near what I was alluding to with Alfie.

Get in there, Alfredo.

Delighted for him. Continuing to score at the highest level; international and European level whilst on a weekly basis in Scotland.

Absolutely delighted for him.

Hopefully there is s footage of the scenes in his home village as he scored that goal.

Back