Alfie watch - Colombia vs Peru

Delighted for him.

Here’s a thing. I’ve pointed this out ages ago that I think his celebration when he scores for us is his way of saying’ I’m staying’

Now, it could have been argued that it’s just a celebration but last night. His first goal for his country, he did the knee slide thing but not the pointing at his badge or pointing to the turf.

He’s staying.

Scores when he wants.
images

Delighted for him.

Here’s a thing. I’ve pointed this out ages ago that I think his celebration when he scores for us is his way of saying’ I’m staying’

Now, it could have been argued that it’s just a celebration but last night. His first goal for his country, he did the knee slide thing but not the pointing at his badge or pointing to the turf.

He’s staying.
I'll take that without any further questions.

I cant believe the smile I have on my face.

Sat up last night to watch this. I started with the Canada game but fell asleep.

I just woke up and decided to relive the game by following updates on here from page 1 of this thread.

After each page of the thread, my mood got depressingly worse,

- pass for fck sake
- oh naw he will get subbed
- fck sack booked

bla bla

Then after feeling really low for Alfie, im jumping about as if Im watching a live game.

Delighted for him. Columbia's number 9. ;-)

Surprise surprise the Scottish media are not reporting his goal anywhere at all

They really are rancid mentally challenged bastards.

Well in Alfredo Morelos!!! Simply must keep him until the summer, the seasons over if he leaves in January regardless of the fee.

Well in Alfie. :)) I’m not convinced it was his goal right enough, but that’s what it seems the records will say. Looked to come off the keeper and hit Davinson Sanchez before eventually going over the line. Difficult to tell for certain though so I’m happy to go with Morelos goal.

Last edited:
Pretty funny reading the Colombian team is made up of greedy bastards with questionable decision making in the last third. So they are all like Alfie!!! :))

The difference is this trait is generally a good thing in a number 9. Less so in a 10 or a wide man........

Delighted for him.

He’s staying.
I'm with you here, he's here for 60 then can leave with Gerrard for Anfield a legend.

Well in Alfie. :)) I’m not convinced it was his goal right enough, but that’s what it seems the records will say. Looked to come off the keeper and hit Davinson Sanchez before eventually going over the line. Difficult to tell for certain though so I’m happy to go with Morelos goal.
I think the view from post 309 shows the GK made the save from his header then Alfie flicks in the rebound.

Pretty funny reading the Colombian team is made up of greedy bastards with questionable decision making in the last third. So they are all like Alfie!!! :))

The difference is this trait is generally a good thing in a number 9. Less so in a 10 or a wide man........

not having this I’m afraid. It’s another one of those weird myths our fans get prone to repeating, doing our players down. Alfie’s team play and decision making in the final third are fairly exceptional. Pretty sure he had the second most assists in our squad last season behind Tavernier. And is currently third this season behind Tav and Borna.

A number 9 with record-breaking scoring form and also exceptional creativity is pretty unique.

I think the view from post 309 shows the GK made the save from his header then Alfie flicks in the rebound.

He definitely flicked it in, it is just whether it clipped the other player on the way in. Judging by the reaction of the two players it was Alfie’s goal

not having this I’m afraid. It’s another one of those weird myths our fans get prone to repeating, doing our players down. Alfie’s team play and decision making in the final third are fairly exceptional. Pretty sure he had the second most assists in our squad last season behind Tavernier. And is currently third this season behind Tav and Borna.

A number 9 with record-breaking scoring form and also exceptional creativity is pretty unique.

Well said SA.

Maybe for the first season or so he was like that, this season his build up play and teamwork has been exceptional.

Very true, he has 7 assists for the season on top of his ridiculous goal return.

Works his arse off in every game, he's a total team player, not selfish at all.

Back