Gerrard – New Contract Agreed

Wrong decision at this point in time. He’s done a decent job thus far but has failed to lift any silverware. He still has to prove himself as a winner at Rangers.

This stinks of giving Warburton a three year deal after beating Celtic without actually winning any proper trophies.

Wrong decision at this point in time. He’s done a decent job thus far but has failed to lift any silverware. He still has to prove himself as a winner at Rangers.

This stinks of giving Warburton a three year deal after beating Celtic without actually winning any proper trophies.

It really, really, really, really doesn't in anyway compare to any kind of deal given to Mark Warburton.

This is securing what is one of the up and coming managers in World Football....

Brilliant.

It's good to finally have some stability in the club.

We are going places under Gerrard, born winner.

Jesus fucking Christ. Where do you even start with this drivel?

I don't mind this in a negative spin I mean this as testament to how far Gerrard has come.

As great as it was for us to get him in the first place, we were taking a gamble.

I would assume now there will be break clauses in it - I don't mean that in a way as in he will %^*& off etc, just his growth merits alterations to a deal

it's also a fucken excellent message to send to a squad days before a Cup Final

Inherited a bombsite. Took us to two EL group stages. Beat Feyenoord and Porto. Improved beyond recognition from the mess that conceded 5 at Easter Road.

"Decent job" indeed.

Oh for the days when Murty beating Ayr and Fraserburgh had people claiming he was doing a "decent job"

It really, really, really, really doesn't in anyway compare to any kind of deal given to Mark Warburton.

This is securing what is one of the up and coming managers in World Football....
He may well become a top manager but it’s a mistake we’ve made in the past that I thought we’d learn from.

Giving players and managers long term contracts without actually winning anything. Just means if things go tits up we’re on the end of a massive payout.

Just like the last few years. Pedro and Warburton on long term contracts without actually proving themselves.

There has been an improvement under SG, but if we’re sitting at the end of the season and they have another treble, I can’t see the fans still backing him.

He’s already got a few years left, why we can’t just take it easy and see how it pans out?

Makes good business sense, has increased our commercial opportunities with his reputation, improved the team and squad value - all thats missing is the trophy -when he does eventually leave got to ensure we get as much compensation as possible

He may well become a top manager but it’s a mistake we’ve made in the past that I thought we’d learn from.

Giving players and managers long term contracts without actually winning anything. Just means if things go tits up we’re on the end of a massive payout.

Just like the last few years. Pedro and Warburton on long term contracts without actually proving themselves.

There has been an improvement under SG, but if we’re sitting at the end of the season and they have another treble, I can’t see the fans still backing him.

Talking about Pedro and Warburton in the context of Gerrard is ridiculous they aren't remotely comparable in any way.

The not winning things bit is utterly overlooking where he has taken us from and the trajectory we are now on.

Gerrard hasn't taken over Rangers in the favorable circumstances "winning managers" did

As great as it was etc during much of the tenure of Smith, Advocaat and to a lesser extent McLeish it was actually harder to %^*& up winning things than it was to actually win things.

In this day and age moving us forward from where we were to a stage where we are now competing as a managerial achievement actually shits on a fair few league titles we have actually won.

Gerrard has been given a long term deal as much to favor us because if he didn't have one he is going to end up somewhere in England or abroad and validating the manager he is going to be.

We need to back talent, things that will grow and get better....

If the season went as it has and ended tomorrow with even a league loss and a two point defeat who the %^*& cares if people moan about us not winning things, %^*& em for once and actually focus on a longer term trajectory that leads to most likely multiple wins in years to come rather than a quick hit fix of a trophy.

We were and to a lesser extent still are a club in repair and growth even now, "winning" isn't a given and shouldn't be a sole criteria of assessment given how fine the margin is for us to "win"

Back