Cup Final loss impact on the rest of the season

DamBuster72

Many on here, including myself said that the winner of today's Cup Final would go on to win the league.

Now the dust is settling on today's result, who still thinks the same?

Today was an acid test for me, some still came up short for what it takes to be a Ranger and win trophies.

Many on here, including myself said that the winner of today's Cup Final would go on to win the league.

Today was an acid test for me, some still came up short for what it takes to be a Ranger and win trophies.
Means nothing to me personally, would loved to have won it after all these years, but the league is all I want and Winning on Thursday would see all memory of this wiped out.

Today has %^*& all to do with the league. The league is always going to be a big ask and it’s far too early to make any calls on this. But I repeat, today has duck all to do with the league.

It's a strange one. I thought the same as you going into the game.

After the game? The best team lost so I'm not sure now.

It would've been worse if they dominated us all game and beat us 5-0 etc. That wasn't the case, we just couldn't win and I still believe the team can go back into the league and ensure we get maximum points in December.

Said today’s result would decide the title race as well. Now I’m not so sure. This team can win on Thursday and take a lift from it. We need to stick together and keep the belief.

Today has %^*& all to do with the league. The league is always going to be a big ask and it’s far too early to make any calls on this. But I repeat, today has duck all to do with the league.

Fair enough, I respect that opinion. Good teams with a strong mentality should be able to brush off the disappointment and go on to win the league but today was huge for me.

I hope we can bottle the pain and use it to propel ourselves to silverware.

Hearts will beat them at tynecastle. That will even things up a bit

If we can get a result at their midden later this month we’re in with a shout...Going by their performance today we should be confident of taking this lot on.

No impact.
Other than to remind the players that if we play we can dominate a match against them.
Further, if we play and maintain our high tempo and concentration we are the best passing team in the league, even on a day when our best passer of the ball is missing.
Put today behind us and let's get stuck into the rest of the season.

Last time they beat us we went on a superb run of form so let’s hope we do the same again. I’m a lot more confident about getting a result at the piggery now than I was yesterday.

What makes you think that? the trophy they won is a massive lift....

tynecastle is never easy, with the new manager in place I fancy Hearts.

whilst they scraped the win today that’s a few games in a row they have struggled.Dropped points is in the post, I just worry about us winning our games

We outplayed them without the best midfielder in Scotland (Davis), although granted they didn't have their best striker for most of the game. We can beat them on the 29th, just need to keep pace until then.

Fair enough, I respect that opinion. Good teams with a strong mentality should be able to brush off the disappointment and go on to win the league but today was huge for me.

I hope we can bottle the pain and use it to propel ourselves to silverware.
It’s not the pain that we need to bottle and learn from. It’s their behaviour. It’s their mentality. It’s their attitude. That’s what we need. We need the winning spirit and habits from the 90’s under Walter Smith.

It’s not the pain that we need to bottle and learn from. It’s their behaviour. It’s their mentality. It’s their attitude. That’s what we need. We need the winning spirit and habits from the 90’s under Walter Smith.
Times have changed since then, we can only work with what we've got..

Yes I stand by that prediction.

Hope I'm wrong obviously. But simply don't trust us. Two body blows already this month and it's only 1 week in.

It's up to the players to show they have the mentality to put today behind them and not let it affect them

Many didn't.

I would hope the pain of today would steal them into making sure the same thing does not happen again.

I think the manner in which we were cheated will fire the players up TBH. Our players and theirs know that we totally outplayed them. If we'd taken a doing today I'd have said we may fall away in the league but we can win this league.

Too early to say.

I’m hoping the players take great confidence from this game and the sense of injustice motivates them to win the title.

If they had played the way we had yesterday and won I would have said there was no way back for us.

But playing the way we did gives me hope. We looked the better team in all departments.

If we can win all the games up until the 29th and then get at least a draw in their midden, we can definitely do it. That has to be the goal.

David Goggins would call yesterday's result - particularly the manner of it - "fuel".

We are better than them and we need to prove it over the course of the next 6 months.

Over it already. We're getting towards the end of an eight year re-building job. Yesterday shows us we're not quite there yet but we're f*cking close. On to Thursday. On to the 29th where we go again and smash those rhepublican, rhat, trampy, peado, inbred, smelly, scum bastards.

We need to win all the games up until we play them on the 29th and get at least a draw v them at parkhead to be in with a decent shout for the league. I cant say im confident of getting maximum points at both fir park and easter road though.

If we take a few things from it, it'll contribute to us winning the league.
1. It's not enough to dominate, you need to score.
2. If you aren't quick enough in the build-up you play in a more congested area around their box.
3. Need to find a way of mixing it up. We over-rely on Morelos. Jack's shot was terrific but we need more of that and we need to be better at it. Tav had an opportunity that blazed miles over. Kent, too.
4. The defence need to practise raising their arms for offside.

Edit. I usually find fault in our attitude, no complaints yesterday.

We just cant seem to win the big games, performance was brilliant yesterday but our inability to put the ball in the net has cost us dearly. I'm gutted

Means nothing to me personally, would loved to have won it after all these years, but the league is all I want and Winning on Thursday would see all memory of this wiped out.
Sorry, what? Winning on Thursday wipes out another Celtic trophy? Thursday is a bonus to our season, and no more. It matters not a jot if we go through or go out in the grand scheme of things. We have to stop them winning another treble and at this stage, that looks less likely than it does likely.

They had a keeper who played the game of his life today, any other day that was a humiliation for them.
We have played them 5 times since last December, three of those games we have battered them with 2 victories and one loss.

We outplayed them for 45 minutes at their gaff with 10 men and only a defensive mistake gave them the points.

The last game at Ibrox we got beat with both teams being absolutely gash.

So to answer your question...here comes 55.

The one thing that is making me worry is the constant chat of “we’ll get there” and justification for everything performances wise yet we still aren’t there yet.

For as good as we were yesterday, Celtic were awful. They can go up a level in my opinion from what we seen yesterday. For most of the game they had a winger up front and a winger at left back. They played with 10 men for around half an hour and we still couldn’t score. Yes their goal was offside but even without that, we were still never in a position of winning.

We naturally use attempts at justifying events as a comfort blanket when things don’t go our way but I really worry for the season now after how yesterday played out. I’m still fully behind this team but they need to find something within themselves that has still to be shown.

Back