Helander, Barisic, Aribo and Jack.

Albertz_Was_King

Watching the game back, these four were by far the most composed players in our team.

Played the game and not the occasion. Didn’t get emotionally involved, strictly business.

Aribo pressed well and rarely have the ball away. Always kept it moving quickly and that helped make out attacks quick and incisive.

Helander at CB made some terrific tackles and never got caught at any point. His distances were perfect and again kept the ball barring a heavy ball out to Borna first half. He is by far the best CB at the club and has to be the mainstay.

Borna himself also never panicked or got wound up by his opponent. Kept cool and played the game, even though he wasn’t quite at full pelt which was probably down to injury.

Jack was snarling but it wasn’t for show, it was effective and done with control. Something he hasn’t always managed to achieve.

These three should play and keep playing. We need more like that.

Was airfields through ball in the 1st half to as bad as it looked at the game? It was a great chance to put Morelos, I think, through

Borna's crossing was below his usual standard. He had a decent game otherwise. That wee fuxxer Mcgregor went over the ball on him.

Aribo has been a huge disappointment since the summer.

He’s neat and tidy but considering the wages he’s probably on I would be expecting a lot more from him.

Can’t even get into the team most weeks.

Morelos played well but he just lacked that composure the others had.

Buff was frightfully unlucky.

Kamara was also very good. Don’t know why he was subbed, should’ve been Arfield IMO.

Because he was booked. Same reason as Aribo went off straight after his booking.

They were all decent but none of them really offered any genuine moments of match winning quality on the ball.

Although Jack's tackle was sensational

Aribo has been a huge disappointment since the summer.

He’s neat and tidy but considering the wages he’s probably on I would be expecting a lot more from him.

Can’t even get into the team most weeks.

He‘s started all bar two league games, one missed through injury and the other in the immediate aftermath when he was on the bench. Strange thing to say.

Was airfields through ball in the 1st half to as bad as it looked at the game? It was a great chance to put Morelos, I think, through

It was to Aribo.

It was a difficult through ball, 2 of their players were closing in on Aribo quickly so Arfield had to play it fast and hard to get it to him early enough – unfortunately, that led to it not being accurate enough. Not an easy pass to play perfectly.

Allan McGregor did %^*& all

I said this on the player ratings thread.

I thought, Jack was our star player with a 9. Tav, Borna and Aribo were 8’s imo. All the rest were at least 6’s or 7’s, except McGregor who I gave a 1, as he had nothing to do all day. We didn’t have a bad player. Not one.

I still can’t believe we let those bastards pinch our cup

Aribo had a good game, he gets harshly criticised here.
His only downside on a day like today is being a bit slow on ball, wanting too much time on it.

Today in those conditions was never the game for that. Ie being slow on the ball.

Watching the game back, these four were by far the most composed players in our team.

Played the game and not the occasion. Didn’t get emotionally involved, strictly business.

Aribo pressed well and rarely have the ball away. Always kept it moving quickly and that helped make out attacks quick and incisive.

Helander at CB made some terrific tackles and never got caught at any point. His distances were perfect and again kept the ball barring a heavy ball out to Borna first half. He is by far the best CB at the club and has to be the mainstay.

Borna himself also never panicked or got wound up by his opponent. Kept cool and played the game, even though he wasn’t quite at full pelt which was probably down to injury.

Jack was snarling but it wasn’t for show, it was effective and done with control. Something he hasn’t always managed to achieve.

These three should play and keep playing. We need more like that.
I thought Barasic was tremendous today.
I actually thought that the entire team acquitted themselves well and didn't deserve to lose.

I think I may have to watch the whole game again because I cannot align what I saw with some of the stuff I have read on here.

I said this on the player ratings thread.

I thought, Jack was our star player with a 9. Tav, Borna and Aribo were 8’s imo. All the rest were at least 6’s or 7’s, except McGregor who I gave a 1, as he had nothing to do all day. We didn’t have a bad player. Not one.

I still can’t believe we let those bastards pinch our cup

if mcgregor hadn't rushed that on coming striker to narrow the angle when he was clean through you?

I thought Barasic was tremendous today.
I actually thought that the entire team acquitted themselves well and didn't deserve to lose.

I think I may have to watch the whole game again because I cannot align what I saw with some of the stuff I have read on here.

I thought he was excellent first half, but wasted too many good crossing positions after they went down to 10 men.

I thought he was excellent first half, but wasted too many good crossing positions after they went down to 10 men.
I agree, he crosses the ball better when he has less time.
How often do you see an attacking team lose their vital edge after the opposition goes a man down? Sometimes when you are on top as we were today, it can work against you, it shouldn't, ... but it does, especially when you are chasing the match.

It was to Aribo.

It was a difficult through ball, 2 of their players were closing in on Aribo quickly so Arfield had to play it fast and hard to get it to him early enough – unfortunately, that led to it not being accurate enough. Not an easy pass to play perfectly.

Agree. I thought it was a good decision but just slightly out on execution.

Agree they all played well. The Subs failed to make an impact again , becoming a common theme.

I thought that almost every time Kent got the ball there were three rhats on him which opened up space for others. Was obvious to me that they seen him as their main threat.

I thought that almost every time Kent got the ball there were three rhats on him which opened up space for others. Was obvious to me that they seen him as their main threat.
That is a good observation.
They were scared of him and as they converged to close him down, our other players had loads of room to play in.
Their tactic to keep him under wraps never worked and it might cause them a dilemma in the next match.

There was at least one occasion in the first half where he had 4 on him, and still made space and got the pass away.

Back