The Penalty Should Have Been Retaken.

Twosignals

Watched our penalty and I thought the rules were a retake if the Goalies of his line when it’s about to be taken. Alas I suppose it doesn’t apply to RFC, if the shoe was on the other foot, the whistle would have been a retake. Due to being set in my ways, I very rarely watch a TV live game. Think nothing about going to live games including Scum. Unfortunately the laugh is on us for not taken our chances, of which we could have, and should have corrected an infamous score line in a league cup final, sick.

Seen it again and Kent is only a few yards from Alfie when he struck it. Guaranteed Collum would have demanded a retake if it went in

It's a mix of both the lines man got it wrong big style with their goal .The ref got it wrong with the penalty decision with Brown and should also have had us retake the penalty as foster was off his line .but we had plenty of opportunities to score and bury the game.

Which is fućking irrelevant.
No it isn,t we has plenty of opportunity to win that game .how many shots did Alfie have on goals.as I said in my post the ref and lines man got a few big decision s wrong.but we also had chances to win the game which we didn,t take.

No it isn,t we has plenty of opportunity to win that game .how many shots did Alfie have on goals.as I said in my post the ref and lines man got a few big decision s wrong.but we also had chances to win the game which we didn,t take.

It is irrelevant.

No matter how the team played, the result was affected by decisions made by officials.

On this occasion we might have put the result beyond doubt. But that will not always or even usually be the case.

It is irrelevant.

No matter how the team played, the result was affected by decisions made by officials.

On this occasion we might have put the result beyond doubt. But that will not always or even usually be the case.
Can understand what you are saying but we has plenty off opportunities to win the game .you are now putting our lose down to just the ref and lines men when it was a mixture of both the officials and our inability to score with numerous chances we had.

Can understand what you are saying but we has plenty off opportunities to win the game .you are now putting our lose down to just the ref and lines men when it was a mixture of both the officials and our inability to score with numerous chances we had.

In other games we‘ll have fewer chances and perhaps still win.

Such are the quirks of football.

However, we can’t go into matches accepting that critical decisions will always run against us.

If the boot had been on the other foot, the media would have a field day talking about a grave injustice.

However, we can’t go into matches accepting that critical decisions will always run against us.

If the boot had been on the other foot, the media would have a field day talking about a grave injustice.

The Lard Arse would have been in victimhood warp-drive this afternoon if his team lost to an offside goal involving three Rangers players which was missed by the linesman.

Absolutely

I agree with you there.but it's not the point I was trying to make.

Don’t often see the refs implement this rule. Seen it once in England recently but was with VAR.

Maybe the referee was just so confused of that piss poor penalty that he couldn't concentrate on Forsters actions. Still canny believe Alf fckd it up.

Tbh I don’t think he is that far off his line. All keepers do it and get away with it.

Was a piss poor penalty.
Sorry to have to agree with you, but I rewatched the penalty and you are spot on Sweet and Salty.
It was hit with simply not enough conviction.

Shit like this just rips my knitting. So you agree he WAS off his line then..?

It doesn't matter how far off he was. If he's off his line then he's off his line FFS!

Its incredible that officials get more leeway than our own players on here. If the ref and the officials make clear and obvious mistakes, it somehow morphs into our own fault. Its utterly bizarre. :oops:

Don’t often see the refs implement this rule. Seen it once in England recently but was with VAR.
Var doesn’t come into play for keeper being off his line. It’s purely down to the linesman making the call live

If it was retaken following a var check it would be because players were encroaching into the box before it was taken.

Tbh I don’t think he is that far off his line. All keepers do it and get away with it.

Was a piss poor penalty.
Julien wasn’t that far offside, but he was and it should have been ruled out. Forster was off his line and it should have been retaken because of it

saying that, it would probably have to be retaken anyway because Kent’s about 6 yards in the box when it’s hit

Yes it is. I’m fucking sick of hearing that as though the fact that we had chances to score somehow negates the fact we were also on the wrong end of horrendous officiating for the umpteenth time.

Look at it from the other side. Celtic had no other shots on target for the entire game, played very poorly, but apparently merited their win because their mixture of a crap performance, no shots on target, being completely outplayed, combined with a few mistakes by officials is somehow superior to our performance combined with the officials mistakes.
They were gifted that game by the officials. What you are saying is we have to win despite the officials. Absolute bollocks.

Shit like this just rips my knitting. So you agree he WAS off his line then..?

It doesn't matter how far off he was. If he's off his line then he's off his line FFS!
The photo shown somewhere on here is indecisive in my view. You see Forsters foot about an inch from the line but Alfie has already kicked the ball. The penalty was that poor he could have dived the wrong way first and still got up and saved it.

Let’s stop looking at technicalities and look at the fundamentals. We had enough chances to win 3 games today. We created more chances than the 2-0 and 1-0 wins against the poets at Ibrox last year. Celtic offside from their goal and yes goalie off his line at the pen, but does it change how poor we were in front of goal today? To blame the officials is just mental. Won’t go down well

The officials are not using VAR, human errors will continue. It did not cost us the game IMHO

The photo shown somewhere on here is indecisive in my view. You see Forsters foot about an inch from the line but Alfie has already kicked the ball. The penalty was that poor he could have dived the wrong way first and still got up and saved it.
I take it you’re a linesman.

Look at it from the other side. Celtic had no other shots on target for the entire game, played very poorly, but apparently merited their win because their mixture of a crap performance, no shots on target, being completely outplayed, combined with a few mistakes by officials is somehow superior to our performance combined with the officials mistakes.
They were gifted that game by the officials. What you are saying is we have to win despite the officials. Absolute bollocks.
What you are saying is absolute bollocks mate.at no point have I said that the officials don,t carry a responsibility for us losing the game .but what I also said was that we has plenty of opportunity to win the game.i don,t need to look at it from the other side as I watched the game and I know. Celtic were shit and won the game by an offside goal and we should have had a penalty for the Brown incident with Alfie.
We should have finished them off today like we should have finished of Aberdeen on Wednesday night.or are you simply forgetting that we were two goals up and let Aberdeen back into the game and before you say it yes we should have had a penalty in that game as well.do I think that we were robbed to day by the off9 yes I do .but I also think that we shot yourself in the foot with the amount of chances we had in front of goal but failed to score with one of them.

The officials are not using VAR, human errors will continue. It did not cost us the game IMHO

Human errors come into play with decisions that need interpretation

This week we lost 2 league points and a cup due to blatant ignoring of the rules of the game

Beaton gives a foul but doesn't apply the rules to make it a penalty

Collum and his linesmen don't apply the rules on offside or keeper off the line when they are blatantly obvious

Let’s stop looking at technicalities and look at the fundamentals. We had enough chances to win 3 games today. We created more chances than the 2-0 and 1-0 wins against the poets at Ibrox last year. Celtic offside from their goal and yes goalie off his line at the pen, but does it change how poor we were in front of goal today? To blame the officials is just mental. Won’t go down well
You’re wholly missing the point. They were gifted that game by officials’ incompetence. It’s irrelevant how we played. We should not have to win a match despite the officials.
Just say we hadn’t had one shot at goal, never got a penalty, it’s 0-0 with one minute to go and they’ve pounded our goal for 89 minutes, would it still be ok for them to win through officials’ bungling?
Of course not.

You’re wholly missing they point. They were gifted that game by officials’ incompetence. It’s irrelevant how we played. We should not have to win a match despite the officials.
Just say we hadn’t had one shot at goal, never got a penalty, it’s 0-0 with one minute to go and they’ve pounded our goal for 89 minutes, would it still be ok for them to win through officials’ bungling?
Of course not.
I’m sitting at the match oblivious to any potential offside. What I did witness is my team missing chance after chance in a cup final against our greatest rivals. I’m now torturing myself watching the game back but having seen their goal again on Twitter, without VAR I dont think a lino is getting that call correct. I may be wrong.

I’m looking at the bigger picture and the chances we missed today

What you are saying is absolute bollocks mate.at no point have I said that the officials don,t carry a responsibility for us losing the game .but what I also said was that we has plenty of opportunity to win the game.i don,t need to look at it from the other side as I watched the game and I know. Celtic were shit and won the game by an offside goal and we should have had a penalty for the Brown incident with Alfie.
We should have finished them off today like we should have finished of Aberdeen on Wednesday night.or are you simply forgetting that we were two goals up and let Aberdeen back into the game and before you say it yes we should have had a penalty in that game as well.do I think that we were robbed to day by the off9 yes I do .but I also think that we shot yourself in the foot with the amount of chances we had in front of goal but failed to score with one of them.
Of course we missed chances and at Abredeen, but that doesn't mean we somehow deserve to be punished by being on the end of incompetent officials changing the outcome of the game with their bungling.

I’m sitting at the match oblivious to any potential offside. What I did witness is my team missing chance after chance in a cup final against our greatest rivals. I’m now torturing myself watching the game back but having seen their goal again on Twitter, without VAR I dont think a lino is getting that call correct. I may be wrong.

I’m looking at the bigger picture and the chances we missed today
The three Celtic players were offside before the kick was taken, when it was taken and when the ball arrived.
Throughout there was no movement from them to get onside. For an experienced linesman, it should have been an easy decision.

Of course we missed chances and at Abredeen, but that doesn't mean we somehow deserve to be punished by being on the end of incompetent officials changing the outcome of the game with their bungling.
We missed chances today as well .that's what you don,t seem to get .yes the officials f..ked up 3 important decisions that is not being denied. But we also missed chances in front of goal. no matter how you look at it that had to do with us losing the game as well .at no point am I taking the side of the officials on this .just simply pointing out that we shot yourself in the foot as well with the amount of missed chances we had.any way need to go to my bed mate .hope you have a good night.

We missed chances today as well .that's what you don,t seem to get .yes the officials f..ked up 3 important decisions that is not being denied. But we also missed chances in front of goal. no matter how you look at it that had to do with us losing the game as well .at no point am I taking the side of the officials on this .just simply pointing out that we shot yourself in the foot as well with the amount of missed chances we had.any way need to go to my bed mate .hope you have a good night.
I’d agree with you there mate.

Was a piss poor penalty.

After seeing how far off his line Foster was I think he was over committed to going to his right.

A more composed penalty taker would have altered his run up and slotted the ball to Foster’s left.
Poor penalty but that’s restating the bloody obvious.

Someone took the time to work out that three tim players were offside for fourteen seconds at their goal. It's a dead ball , the players are in a straight line , the linesman is not on the move . There's "human error " and there's incompetence. Steven Craigen is no friend of Rangers yet says Brown's foul on Morelos is a "clear" penalty and though wee wullie has a clear view from ten yards away he ignores it , I'm not so sure that's incompetence though , more likely lack of bottle . Strachan says Johnson pushes Morelos in the box but yet again wee wullie ignores it and only gives a penalty that stevie wonder would have seen. The officials absolutely were a factor in our defeat , not even a debate, not the only factor but a large factor because the Tim's took the cup home due to an illegal goal.

The linesman was given one job to do at the penalty, watch for the keeper coming off his line. The lineman was stood in position watching for it, saw it and failed to call it.

If that’s the standard of officiating, we may as well not bother.

The linesman should be asked to explain his decision.

You do realise if the goal is chopped off, we start the game with a free kick and everything else that happened after would not have happened.
We would not have had a penalty and the entire game would have been different.
Therefore the decision did have a fundamental effect on the game.

The recent Bournmouth v Arsenal penalty was retaken after it was missed.

The same should have happened yesterday.

Back