Ross County will come to attack and play football

St Mirren had a slight go at playing out from the back and attacking and they did get some set pieces from it. Therefore we need to be wary of ross county. If they do play like that its important we punish them when we win the ball back before they can get into shape.

I hope they do as it should suit us better, and hopefully the players are desperate for a strong home win

I hope to fk Gerrard has this drummed into them before the game as any more performances like St Mirren or Hearts and they can forget the league completely never mind anything else.

Hearts gave it a go on Sunday and we seemed almost shocked. After the stuffiness of the St Mirren game I thought a team coming at us would be beneficial, but we didn't cope with that any better, and I don't buy that simply being away from home was our undoing either.

Truth is it doesn't matter how expansive or not Ross County are, if we go in with the same attitude as the last 3 matches we have the potential to turn a blip into a disaster. This Wednesday we need Rangers to turn up regardless of what the opposition do.

St Mirren had a slight go at playing out from the back and attacking and they did get some set pieces from it. Therefore we need to be wary of ross county. If they do play like that its important we punish them when we win the ball back before they can get into shape.
Must have been at a different game from me

St. Mirren has no interest in anything but time wasting and defending until the last 10 minutes or so of the game

Indeed, but you know I'm hoping for a reaction to Sunday and 4 would be a good tonic.
It certainly would, but let's just get the points and get this show back on the road again.

Dont have a problem with us getting a few goals, but it seems to be expected at times and it doesn't work like that. Let's win the next 3 games and get a run going again.

They were unlucky at the weekend and should have gone in at least 1 up against the filth which will give them confidence for Wednesday but as others have said, we are a different and much better team with Alfie playing

Parking the bus doesn’t work vs us anymore or the mentally challengeds. Expect more teams to have a go at us as it unsettles us as Hearts and Aberdeen have shown. I’m aware teams don’t sit in against us in Europe but they play normal football so it suits us and not the violent brand in Scotland.

Our lack of flexibility makes our squad cover ineffective or outright useless. Hopefully a couple astute signings can open us up a little to some adaptability.

Hearts didnt park the bus either. It makes no difference.
If were not on our game, we lose the game

Yes, if anything a team attacking us causes us more issues.

We've been managing to make the difference from last year and break down teams turning draws in to wins ( a la St Mirren twice) and we can handle teams letting us have all the possession.

What has caused us issue is when the likes of Celtic and Hearts have come at us.

Still, it's only been two or three games out of 20 odds domestically but there's little wiggle room for more mistakes.

Seen the highlights of the Scum v Ross County - they looked a decent counter attacking team.

If they do that, we will exploit that. But if they do what everyone else does and camp in we will no doubt struggle to break them down.

Ross County try to play decent football. Doesn't always work for them but fair play for having a go most weeks.

The biggest concern for me yesterday was that after the St. Mirren game a lot of us said we needed to be far more energetic and direct against Hearts yet it was apparent after the first ten minutes yesterday that that simply wasn't happening.

We have undoubtedly returned from this break with a similar lethargy to the way we returned from last season's winter break and that is something we really need to rectify immediately.

But it's Ross Country, at home and we have Morelos back.

It should be a comfortable three points.

Should suit us but only if we are bang at it.

Complacency is our biggest enemy.

Hearts should have suited us as well ... we tend to struggle against the low block and not the ones that come at us.

I just hope we score early or the atmosphere will be horrible if we lose a goal / go in at half time 0-0.

hopefully a much better performance both with and without the ball.

We need to come out the traps fast on Wednesday, if we don't and look sluggish again I can see the fans getting on the teams back early.

Ross County looked very dangerous against the filth for most of the first half and so Clancy decided that he couldn’t have his favorites not winning the game.
I saw enough from County in that time to realize they have got serious pace upfront and play clever balls dropping in behind defenses that push up high.
We will have to be alert to the danger otherwise we could easily concede. County could have scored three against them.

Should actually help us if they do come & open up a bit. We need to start the game properly though, everybody on the front foot.

Should suit us but only if we are bang at it.

Complacency is our biggest enemy.

There should be no complacency on Wednesday otherwise SG and his staff haven't done their jobs of kicking the baws of that shower of shite for yesterdays performance.

Don’t care how they play. We need to be right up for this. The fans are owed big time after yesterday.

It didn't suit us yesterday!
I said before the game yesterday I wanted Hearts to come at us as it suits us by leaving space, Shows how wrong I was! Hopefully our midfield actually turn up on Wednesday and we learned our lessons.

I'm sure that's the attitude the support will adopt and will sit hurling abuse until the 1st goal goes in.

That’s not what I’m saying mate, I think you know that. I’ve never yet known a player that didn’t respond better to encouragement rather than abuse.

But we are owed big time.

Weird situation. We moan that we struggle when teams park the bus, yet Hearts had a go and we looked terrible.

We might just have to realise and accept that each game could be different from the last. What isn't acceptable in any circumstances was being 2nd to the ball as often as we were yesterday.

A bit like in Europe, we generally look a far superior team when someone tries to play against us rather than park the bus.

Back