Whoever our new Chairman is, he needs to start with a bang.

archimedes

Yes, I know some will say it is the job of our MD to put out statements about fines against the club, poor refereeing standards (blatant cheating), the BBC and the rest of the media's clear agenda against our club, and all the other shit that is thrown our way, but our club isn't structured the same way as the filth where their CEO is the public front for these type of things.
Our club has always been represented by the Chairman, and whoever is King's successor, they need to come out swinging and make it known that the shit ends now, or we won't be building any bridges, we'll be blowing them up.
Like many others, I'm fed up of the off-field crap we have to deal with, it has been a constant noise in the background (and sometimes the foreground) when all we really want to do is support our club and enjoy the football.

To the new Chairman, whoever it may be, I say "Defend our club and let our enemies know we will no longer be shafted from all directions".

Do people expect this to be Park or an existing board member, or will it be someone new coming in?

Take a bow Mr Souness! (Oh i can dream) First on the club board reshuffle is- bye bye Mr Robertson and bye bye our PR/Media section.

We certainly need someone who just isn't going to sit there and take any shit. We've certainly been handed a lot of shit recently and enough is enough.

It needs to start turning around.

I don't expect to be renewing my season ticket. There's no one to fight for the club and it breaks my heart. Our enemies are pissing all over us and the board quite simply don't give a fukc. So why should I?
As someone who’s on the waiting list - it’s a shame that this would be the reason for giving up your seat. Although, like everyone else, I agree with your frustration.

I think who ever gets the job needs to be up front with the fans, and is some one who can lead from the front, who will be seen to defend the club and fans, and will take on the hate mob in this shit hole of a swamp we find our selves in, both the League, and this country, having said that, this is not the way Rangers work so I don't expect any change in the near future.

I thought the share issue and new chairman would have been done in January but is it now March?

The current boards job is to turn Rangers in to a profit making business or at least breaking even.
They also have inward investment in the stadium repairs and upkeep to contend with.
Also finance a winning team and bring in new external funding where possible.
That's the priority, that's how a business is run.
Being in the press every two minutes at war with everyone is not going to happen until the above is sorted.

Professionalism is what is key to this role!

Not wanting some loud mouth shouting and ranting.

We want someone who is composed, clever and knows when to speak up for the club!

Correct. We don't need Charles Green style bombastic bulls hit. We've been sacking players, resigning managers and suing commercial partners for long and embarrassing years. What we need is professionalism and standards which match the managers and DOFs.

Last edited:
Professionalism is what is key to this role!

We want someone who is composed, clever and knows when to speak up for the club!
Totally agree. Unfortunately I don’t see anyone on the current board filling that role.

I thought the share issue and new chairman would have been done in January but is it now March?
Thinking back to what Dave King said after the AGM, it’s always been March as far as a new chairman is concerned.

We need someone who knows how to box clever. Being at war with literally everyone will achieve nothing. “Keep your friends close and your enemies closer” - cultivate friendships and alliances where it will be of benefit to the club. No need to be bombastic but be cold and hard and implacable. Someone who can pick the right fights at the right times and with the courage and tenacity to see it through to the end.

Yes, the board’s job is to get us to be self-sufficient but the best way to do that is to get us winning cups and leagues and becoming regulars in the CL. That won’t/can’t happen as long as we continue to allow the club to be made a laughing stock by the rest of Scottish football and particularly by the governing bodies.

I think this will be a critical appointment as the incredible support the club has had from fans will likely ebb away if the blatant cheating against us continues. Anyone who thinks this won’t happen is a fool - look back to the early 89’s and a 1/4 full Ibrox for most games. Fans’ patience won’t last forever.

Take a bow Mr Souness! (Oh i can dream) First on the club board reshuffle is- bye bye Mr Robertson and bye bye our PR/Media section.

Did you see Robertson's latest mumbling, bumbling attempt when launching our 'sign up to everyone anyone campaign'? Embarrassing doesn't do it justice.

We need an owner with deep pockets never mind a chairman.
the chairman is the man who takes the heat, but we need a money man who’s going to keep the club going long term.

stewart Robertson is fine on a day to day basis for all official duties and all offices and departments. The chairman will be the figurehead, and hopefully be a forward thinking and progressive chairman rather than an old fuddy duddy. The club really needs to start thinking long term, both on the pitch and financially. Start being a bit more self sufficient with the youth team and academy, and trying to bring the stadium up to scratch again to be THE best in the country. A lot of the place is still outdated, old and decrepit. Seats wise and pitch side is totally fine, but the rest isn’t great and needa done up but we need the funds to achieve a lot of these things.

the new chairman needs balls of steel and a thick skin. And also a fighting spirit and attitude that shows he will fight for the club and the fans from the beginning.

Step forward Mr Souness
With all due respect. What would he bring to a senior management position?

Whilst we need someone to come out fighting, the role is shit load more than that.

I clearly don’t know the man, but I have massive reservations about him being the right fit for the role of chairman.

We need an owner with deep pockets never mind a chairman.
the chairman is the man who takes the heat, but we need a money man who’s going to keep the club going long term.

stewart Robertson is fine on a day to day basis for all official duties and all offices and departments. The chairman will be the figurehead, and hopefully be a forward thinking and progressive chairman rather than an old fuddy duddy. The club really needs to start thinking long term, both on the pitch and financially. Start being a bit more self sufficient with the youth team and academy, and trying to bring the stadium up to scratch again to be THE best in the country. A lot of the place is still outdated, old and decrepit. Seats wise and pitch side is totally fine, but the rest isn’t great and needa done up but we need the funds to achieve a lot of these things.

the new chairman needs balls of steel and a thick skin. And also a fighting spirit and attitude that shows he will fight for the club and the fans from the beginning.
After all we’ve been through and you want some one to come in to finance us? Have we learned nothing???

After all we’ve been through and you want some one to come in to finance us? Have we learned nothing???
Yes I do, there’s a difference between being bankrolled by someone who only cares about themselves and being financed sensibly by a benefactor, using money wisely and not pumping £7m on players. £7m could have been used to upgrade the stadium etc.

I do not want a return to the DM days where money was being thrown about willy nilly, that gets us nowhere, but we can have a rich person owning and financing the club in a sensible manner.

or do we become fan owned? How many times can fans afford to pump millions into the club with no real return?

We need someone who knows how to box clever. Being at war with literally everyone will achieve nothing. “Keep your friends close and your enemies closer” - cultivate friendships and alliances where it will be of benefit to the club. No need to be bombastic but be cold and hard and implacable. Someone who can pick the right fights at the right times and with the courage and tenacity to see it through to the end.

Yes, the board’s job is to get us to be self-sufficient but the best way to do that is to get us winning cups and leagues and becoming regulars in the CL. That won’t/can’t happen as long as we continue to allow the club to be made a laughing stock by the rest of Scottish football and particularly by the governing bodies.

I think this will be a critical appointment as the incredible support the club has had from fans will likely ebb away if the blatant cheating against us continues. Anyone who thinks this won’t happen is a fool - look back to the early 89’s and a 1/4 full Ibrox for most games. Fans’ patience won’t last forever.
Who are we going to cultivate friendships with mate .celtic run the sfa it is full of their puppets and also full of rangers haters .the other clubs in the league seem happy with this.
As for political alliances we live in snp dominated Scotland a political party who seem to go out of their way to hate rangers.
At no point am I saying what you have posted is the wrong idea .I just see it as an uphill struggle to say the least.

Being in the press every two minutes at war with everyone is not going to happen until the above is sorted.
Imagine we installed him and people realised he wouldn’t release statements everyday. People would be devistated.

Honestly, why? You just make an arse of yourselves with nonsense like this. Stop the straw men.

If he comes out swinging he will be mocked and that won't help us. We need to be clever and regain good relationships with the media and other clubs. Many won't like that but things won't change until we do

Honestly, why? You just make an arse of yourselves with nonsense like this. Stop the straw men.

Professionalism comes from the top and filters down. If the person at the top is shouting and ranting everyone below will potentially become to think this is acceptable. Then we open ourselves up for a mockery.

Being the chairman of a club they will no doubt have the interests of the club at the highest of their priorities. Being a professional person they will know themselves when the time is correct and when it is not correct to make their voice heard and put pressure on.

Professionalism comes from the top and filters down. If the person at the top is shouting and ranting everyone below will potentially become to think this is acceptable. Then we open ourselves up for a mockery.

Being the chairman of a club they will no doubt have the interests of the club at the highest of their priorities. Being a professional person they will know themselves when the time is correct and when it is not correct to make their voice heard and put pressure on.
For someone attempting to cast themselves as the oracle of professionalism you are strangely attached to the amateur tactic of using straw men to bolster your arguments. Let me help you.
Who is arguing for the person at the top to shout and rant?
Let me help you further. The answer to that is 'no one'.
Keep straw men out of your arguments, David. It just saves time.

Last edited:
First point of business for the new chairman is removing Stewart Robertson with immediate effect.

A no nonsense ruthless replacement should be found, someone who will fight and defend the club at all costs.

It's a priority.

Yes I do, there’s a difference between being bankrolled by someone who only cares about themselves and being financed sensibly by a benefactor, using money wisely and not pumping £7m on players. £7m could have been used to upgrade the stadium etc.

I do not want a return to the DM days where money was being thrown about willy nilly, that gets us nowhere, but we can have a rich person owning and financing the club in a sensible manner.

or do we become fan owned? How many times can fans afford to pump millions into the club with no real return?

Maybe I’m looking at this all wrong. We don’t need a rich owner to put money in. We don’t need fans to put money in (beyond the usual ways). We just need to live in a self sustaining fashion.

Granted at the moment we are getting loans to keep things going but that’s being converted to equity and is only happening because of the mental situation we find our selves in.

I don't expect to be renewing my season ticket. There's no one to fight for the club and it breaks my heart. Our enemies are pissing all over us and the board quite simply don't give a fukc. So why should I?
seriously thinking about not renewing myself.had my season ticket nearly 40yrs now.

Maybe I’m looking at this all wrong. We don’t need a rich owner to put money in. We don’t need fans to put money in (beyond the usual ways). We just need to live in a self sustaining fashion.

Granted at the moment we are getting loans to keep things going but that’s being converted to equity and is only happening because of the mental situation we find our selves in.
I suppose your right in that sense. There’s no real financial stability here, apart from the “soft” loans etc.
We need a proper financial backer to assist with the growth of the club. We can then start to be self sustainable, but we can only do that with a good base of money behind us.

I never want us languishing in the lower leagues again, or ever be in the same financial dire straits again. The only way we avoid that is by not allowing showman businessmen in again to flaunt their perceived wealth only to sell us down the river. The days off gazza and laudrup are long gone and never to be seen again.

I suppose your right in that sense. There’s no real financial stability here, apart from the “soft” loans etc.
We need a proper financial backer to assist with the growth of the club. We can then start to be self sustainable, but we can only do that with a good base of money behind us.

I never want us languishing in the lower leagues again, or ever be in the same financial dire straits again. The only way we avoid that is by not allowing showman businessmen in again to flaunt their perceived wealth only to sell us down the river. The days off gazza and laudrup are long gone and never to be seen again.
We do have proper backers in place. And they are doing it the right way. We are a player sale a season away from break even. Even whilst we have not merchandise revenue coming in.

We don’t need other people financially supporting us at this time imo.

Back