Aberdeen Reduce Stadium Capacity

Klaus

Lol

Aberdeen will reduce the "operational capacity" of Pittodrie to 15,500 next season in a bid to improve the atmosphere on match-days.

The club aim to increase sales of season tickets from 10,000 to 11,000 and club membership initiative AberDNA to 8,000 in its second campaign.

Chairman Dave Cormack pledges the income produced will be "100% directed to the success of the football team".

"Football success is our number one priority," he said.

"We are the fifth-best supported team in Scotland in terms of season tickets and attendances. Season tickets deliver around £2m a year in income, with walk‐ups and away fans contributing £1m, and AberDNA about £1m. In total, that's almost half the football budget.

"We are challenging ourselves to increase season tickets from 10,000 to 11,000 for 2020-21 and drive AberDNA membership to 8,000. My promise is that this income is 100% directed towards the success of the football team."

Aberdeen sit fourth in the Scottish Premiership after Saturday's win over Hibernian, and face Celtic in the Scottish Cup semi-finals next month.

In the new campaign, the upper section of the Richard Donald Stand will close, while the unallocated seating in the Merkland Stand - known as the Red Shed - will continue after successful trials this term.

While this will reduce Pittodrie's capacity by around 6,500, the club hope it will improve the match-day experience.

Aberdeen have also offered approximately 45,000 pupils from roughly 200 primary schools across the region the chance to become a club member for free, entitling them to two free match tickets for next season.

"This is about nurturing the next generation of fans, inspiring and getting back the lost generation of younger fans and retaining our existing fans through exciting football and a better match‐day experience," Cormack added.

"Our fans are the heart of our club. Through season tickets and AberDNA they invest in the club. We want them to feel even more affinity to the club by making everyone a member."

The only time there is any atmosphere at shittawdrie is when we visit dung heap park. An atmosphere of pure hated reeks from the scum in red as they play the game of their lives in their most important game of their lives.

AberDNA

Sheep-liver-920476.jpg

I don't understand how closing large sections of your stadium improves the atmosphere.

Probably the only piece I do understand.

Centralise the support.

The sporadic gatherings in random spots probably doesn’t help.

Dick Donald upper doesn’t hold 6500, so wondering where the rest closes off?

Probably the only piece I do understand.

Centralise the support.

The sporadic gatherings in random spots probably doesn’t help.

Dick Donald upper doesn’t hold 6500, so wondering where the rest closes off?
The whole stand holds 6500 so they must be shutting the whole stand:))

How can we improve our atmosphere ? I know lets close a section of a stand and reduce capacity thats a cracking idea lol. Big club my arse F**king tinpot club

Have they started building their new stadium or is it on hold? Think they have a new training facility at the proposed site.

I thought the new stadium had a capacity of 20.000? Do they reduce this as well when they eventually move in.? Admitting to being the 5th best supported club is embarrassing

It has went quiet on the new stadium front recently last I heard there was talk of it being canned, they should ground share with Cove Rangers at least that way they may be at full capacity every week.

Latest posts

Back