Aberdeen Reduce Stadium Capacity

Whats the best way to celebrate being the 5th best supported team in the country ? Thats right reduce the stadium capacity.

Ha Ha . What an embarrassment of a football club. Long may it continue

Another step on the road to Hell in a handcart for Scottish football - what a ridiculous idea.

Four times a season they could actually significantly increase their income very easily by giving us and Celtc bigger allocations, ie admitting more fans/customers willing to hand them money on a plate, but no, they will try a hard sell of 1,000 more season tickets, and still end up with huge banks of empty seats in their stadium?!?

Stupidity IMO.

I’m not surprised that they struggle to sell tickets, who would want to support a team that only tries against one team who they have a made up one sided rivalry with.

Aberdeen have never even been remotely considered a big club, they had some success under Rangers fans Fergie, Miller and McLeish for a few years, before that and since they have been by and large a laughing stock, third biggest City in Scotland and only seen as the 5th best supported, says it all really.

Shambles.

Reduced ours and theirs allocation to less than a thousand, then reduce their capacity because they can't fill it.

Even for them this is absolutely tragic. I can't stop laughing at the boast of being the fifth best supported team in Scotland.

Why not let the part of the ground they are closing be a free entry area for children?
Yes, I know the article says that they already do let in children gratis, but why not extend the scheme?
A so called premier club in Scotland's top league closing the most modern stand they have, embarrassing.

'Fifth-best supported team in Scotland'? There's something to trumpet about ha ha.

Rangers, Dhims, Hearts ... who else is ahead of them? Hibs I assume?

I was actually surprised at some of Hibs attendances this season, pulling in five figure crowds against most of the diddy teams. They’ve also managed to get over 20,000 on a few occasions too.

Compare that to Aberdeen, who contrary to the popular belief that they only turn out when we’re in town, haven’t actually sold Shittodrie out once.

That’ll be the McInnes effect for you.

Sell more tickets to the away support to make more money and create a better atmosphere wherby you will have a bigger attendance,naw,wait a minute that's to fkn senseible ffs!!

Have sellick claimed closing part of the ground to improve atmosphere was the real reason for the banners yet?

Reducing the areas of the stadium that are open makes sense, concentrate the fans together. But announcing it as news like this is embarrassing.

"Aberdeen have also offered approximately 45,000 pupils from roughly 200 primary schools across the region the chance to become a club member for free, entitling them to two free match tickets for next season.

"This is about nurturing the next generation of fans, inspiring and getting back the lost generation of younger fans and retaining our existing fans through exciting football and a better match‐day experience," Cormack added.

jfzebq4dq7z11.jpg

Why are they building a 20,000 capacity stadium, when they can't get anywhere near that unless it's against us?

I passed their "stadium" site at the weekend and there is zero work commenced on the construction - just a flat area of mud and grass and a shitty training complex. The cost is supposedly up £10 million to £60 million as well - which is nice!

I don't understand how closing large sections of your stadium improves the atmosphere.

it means they will fill lower sections of the stadium and avoid lots of gaps in the crowd. They’ll just have one great big enormous gap in the newest part of their hovel.

“Fifth team in Scotland, you’re just the fifth team in Scotland.”

Hopefully their rancid sheep pen falls into the North Sea in the middle of a game against the mentally challengeds.

Back