Albion Rovers Director

Disco Deejay

Just been interviewed on Sky, legitimately concerned about having to pay wages etc, with no income for the foreseeable future.

When asked about how this season should be decided, he said that due to players/coaches etc having planned holidays and being out of contract, there is no way in his opinion that the season can be extended and he can see no solution other than the season being declared null and void.

Traffic chaos already reported in Coatbridge, as double-glazing suppliers head to his home looking for his business.

Must admit the players being out of contract at end of May sounds right. Sure that’s came up before as a reason not to extend the season
Cash flow will be a critical factor for small clubs

It is actually the only sensible solution but you have to feel for the clubs and business's overall that are going to really struggle like nothing else because of this. However, there doesn't appear to be an alternative solution that makes sense.

I guess it's up to the SFA and SPFL to try and help these clubs out. Same as it's up to the government to try and help the local and small business's. Some of the banks already helping people affected directly out and that should be the case.

The clubs should be assisted where possible by the SFA and SPFL.

Unless you're a supporter of one of these teams mate.

There's people out there who have the same affection for Montrose, Peterhead, QOS etc as we do for Rangers.

Very few have the hatred for Montrose, Peterhead QOS etc that they do for Rangers. With that in mind I wont lose a wink of sleep worrying about their future

It is actually the only sensible solution but you have to feel for the clubs and business's overall that are going to really struggle like nothing else because of this. However, there doesn't appear to be an alternative solution that makes sense.

I guess it's up to the SFA and SPFL to try and help these clubs out. Same as it's up to the government to try and help the local and small business's. Some of the banks already helping people affected directly out and that should be the case.

The clubs should be assisted where possible by the SFA and SPFL.
SFA and SPFL have no real money

We know how the SFA like a vote, let the clubs decide and i'm certain the overall majority will be null and void.
That’s my take on it. I think UEFA will decide on the European tournaments and leave the individual F.A’s on how their seasons pan out. If it’s left in the hands of the S.F.A and S.P.F.L and doesn’t go to a club vote, I’m willing to bet we won’t like the outcome.

Things are going to get very messy very quickly. And I've every faith the SFA will f##k it all up. I hope some of these refs have a sideline as their not going to make money ffing us over for the next wee while. And they may as well payoff the Clare Whyte anaw. No matches no compliance officer!!

That’s my take on it. I think UEFA will decide on the European tournaments and leave the individual F.A’s on how their seasons pan out. If it’s left in the hands of the S.F.A and S.P.F.L and doesn’t go to a club vote, I’m willing to bet we won’t like the outcome.
If they are voting on winners, they are voting on relegation to. Nightmare.

Just been interviewed on Sky, legitimately concerned about having to pay wages etc, with no income for the foreseeable future.

When asked about how this season should be decided, he said that due to players/coaches etc having planned holidays and being out of contract, there is no way in his opinion that the season can be extended and he can see no solution other than the season being declared null and void.

Traffic chaos already reported in Coatbridge, as double-glazing suppliers head to his home looking for his business.

agree totally

SFA and SPFL have no real money
This is true. I forgot about that fact - the fact they've spent so much time trying to ruin Scottish football they've made it totally worthless for anyone to invest, thus leaving them with no money either. Maybe they could borrow it from their super rich masters at Celtic.

Just another example of what a mess the SFA and SPFL actually are though isn't it?

Putting it into perspective, he was bemoaning the fact that they are losing out on the gate money from one of their biggest games of the season tomorrow ……… v Queens Park. He says that since they are based only 10 miles down the road they bring one of the biggest travelling supports to Cliftonhill.

It shows how much these small teams must have benefitted from games against us in the lower leagues, when they are depending on the travelling Queens Park support to keep them afloat.

I wonder how many clubs we saved from going under.

Might be a good thing if some clubs fold. Too many clubs in our small tin pot country.

Fans won't change clubs. They'll walk away from football.

There isnt too many clubs at all. We have a population that doesnt value it's football culture and that no longer values football as something to experience in person. The couple of hundred fans who follow Albion Rovers are no less important and deserve no less sympathy than the thousands who follow the old firm.

It's a very good point about many players being out of contract soon. I don't see how we'll be able to resume play and wrap up the competitions before we get to that point. Anything that hasn't been decided by that time will surely have to be declared null and void, league titles included.

The man talks sense here. How can clubs extend contracts and the players will have holidays and things planned although some wont get much sympathy having to cancel their 5 star holiday villa or send the missus herself.

Back