Article 99 - league title

Rangers Bear

The Scottish sun today reported -

However, in extreme cases such as this one, Article 99 of the SPFL constitution says the board DOES have it in their power to make decisions such as awarding the title IF it is deemed to be in the best interests of the company.

Having looked at article 99 –

That's incorrect

I couldn't copy and paste the text and don't know how to post a screenshot.

They can change the rules , but there's no mention of awarding the title.

The article has voiding as the 4th option, which in my view , is the only sensible option.

If you try and play into the summer, players are out of contract, and clubs might not be able to fulfill fixtures, or clubs can sign new players - how would that be fair if the team is upgraded to play the last part of the season.

The only fair option is to void the league , start afresh after the summer.

How can the Scottish Sun get away with misdirecting the public ?

The bottom line is, when the season was suspended no one had clinched the title and no one had been condemned to relegation.

If the season cannot be completed, then it is void. You cannot award a title that hasn't been earned or impose relegation when it isn't deserved.

If Celtic are good enough to win the title next season and Hearts not good enough to stay up, then fine. But those things can and must only occur upon the completion of a league season.

However, in extreme cases such as this one, Article 99 of the SPFL constitution says the board DOES have it in their power to make decisions such as awarding the title IF it is deemed to be in the best interests of the company.

That's incorrect

The article has voiding as the 4th option, which in my view , is the only sensible option.

If you try and play into the summer, players are out of contract, and clubs might not be able to fulfill fixtures, or clubs can sign new players - how would that be fair if the team is upgraded to play the last part of the season.

It’s not even a given that next season will start on time.
This pandemic is apparently going to effect the country for most of the year.

Play the League to it's conclusion. Even if it goes into July / August or later. Make next season a shortened season. At least clubs and fans would know it's a short season from the outset.

What you can't do is award titles and relegate clubs. Especially treating one club different from the rest.

Play the League to it's conclusion. Even if it goes into July / August or later. Make next season a shortened season. At least clubs and fans would know it's a short season from the outset.

What you can't do is award titles and relegate clubs. Especially treating one club different from the rest.
You can’t for reasons already posted mate.

i believe there is also a rule that states all games must be completed by a specific date in May

Good call - if next season is effectively a half season, i reckon Gerrard has it Sussed!

There is no way a champion is possible this season.
If they did award it to the tramps it’s court time.

It’s not even a given that next season will start on time.
This pandemic is apparently going to effect the country for most of the year.
Players will be out of contract at the end of May, not sure when we can sign players but unless there's major rule changes then if the league runs even 4 weeks over clubs could be without players

This agenda is going to be ramped up over the coming days and weeks. They are beginning to manipulate, twist and even make up clauses from the SPFL rules to try and justify why the scum should be handed this title.

It will be pushed by the mentally challengeds and the Scottish media until folk begin to think that awarding them the title is the right thing to do.

Rangers better not fûcking sit by and accept any efforts to crown them champions or I’m finished.

erRHJpf.gif

#sportingintegrity

You can’t for reasons already posted mate.

i believe there is also a rule that states all games must be completed by a specific date in May

Nothing in the rules about dates ,

But there is a rule and 33 games then split for further 5

It looks like custom and practice that it's may and that's why players contracted to that time , with the transfer window then opening up

Rangers need to say feck all for now to the media. On this one dignified silence is 100% correct.

The yahoos are doing a grand job of looking crass wankers trying to claim unearned titles. Leave them to it.

When the time comes the club needs to be ready to act. Nothing wrong with telling the SPFL privately that they will fight it all the way.

The only question anyone on our board needs to ask is "would the yahoos hand us the title if the roles were reversed?".

The stupid amount of points we've thrown away since the New Year will make it easier for the SPFL on this issue. A 5 or 6 points gap and there would be no talk whatsoever of handing that mob the League title.

Nothing in the rules about dates ,

But there is a rule and 33 games then split for further 5

It looks like custom and practice that it's may and that's why players contracted to that time , with the transfer window then opening up
Exactly. Remember Liewell's reaction in 2008? Calling the league's integrity into question by extending it a week. We lost a league and a decent chance at a European trophy because of that. What goes around comes around I'm afraid.

The Articles of Association aren’t the driving document here. They do indeed say the SPFL can make changes. Much as any business can if it’s so minded. However, the SPFL has its Rules and Procedures document which sets out how the SPFL leagues are run, and how. That is the source document for what they can and cannot do, rather than the Articles of Association. Breach their Rules and Procedures and they are open to legal challenge.

They have been doing this blatantly since 2012. I fully expect these corrupt f**ks to gift wrap the title to the harbourers.

The Articles of Association aren’t the driving document here. They do indeed say the SPFL can make changes. Much as any business can if it’s so minded. However, the SPFL has its Rules and Procedures document which sets out how the SPFL leagues are run, and how. That is the source document for what they can and cannot do, rather than the Articles of Association. Breach their Rules and Procedures and they are open to legal challenge.

The league rules are clear , 38 games in a season.

The Scottish Sun had reported article 99 as a way to award Smeltic the title, just pointing out , that they were factually incorrect

Exactly. Remember Liewell's reaction in 2008? Calling the league's integrity into question by extending it a week. We lost a league and a decent chance at a European trophy because of that. What goes around comes around I'm afraid.

Some cracking posts under the #sportingintegrity on twitter about that

That's incorrect

The Scottish Sun and The Sun in general has been misdirecting the British public, since the first day the poisoning lying rag hit the streets.

Last edited:
Don’t buy or read the Sun! You’re only fuelling theIt sensationalist pish!

Don't buy it. Don't share links to the online version. Don't share links to their Twitter or other social media.

It all benefits them. Stop doing it.

You want to post a thread about whats in a BBC, Sun or Daily Record article? Screen shot the article or the Tweet and post that, don't share it.

But if players contracts have ended it's not the same league. Especially given its likely to be difficult bringing players in, even down to travel problems. This season is the one that has the problem don't see any need to mess about with next season to try and salvage this one.

Don't buy it. Don't share links to the online version. Don't share links to their Twitter or other social media.

It all benefits them. Stop doing it.

You want to post a thread about whats in a BBC, Sun or Daily Record article? Screen shot the article or the Tweet and post that, don't share it.

For future reference, is there a post with directions to upload screenshots etc ...

I'm no even an auld guy :)) :D :D

The stupid amount of points we've thrown away since the New Year will make it easier for the SPFL on this issue. A 5 or 6 points gap and there would be no talk whatsoever of handing that mob the League title.
That's just not true though.
They could be ahead on goal difference with us having 5 games in hand and they'd still try to claim it.

They're mentally challengeds, it's what they do.

We were treated totally different from the rest when they made up the rules as they went along and condemned us to the lower leagues.

in all likelihood, if there is to be a winner of the premiership the remaining games will need to be played as I can’t see the spfl being content to award Raith Rovers the league

will the remaining games be played behind closed doors - who knows but seems unlikely

It just shows you how much we don’t trust the people who run our game because we know how they pander to that shower..
In any other country fans would accept the league would be null and void but not here.

The bottom line is, when the season was suspended no one had clinched the title and no one had been condemned to relegation.

If the season cannot be completed, then it is void. You cannot award a title that hasn't been earned or impose relegation when it isn't deserved.

If Celtic are good enough to win the title next season and Hearts not good enough to stay up, then fine. But those things can and must only occur upon the completion of a league season.

Correct. Sporting Integrity demands that to be the case!

However might I also add that at present, I don't think the public particularly wants to enter in to petty debates about football whilst they and their loved ones are facing a tsunami coming towards them!

Just my opinion!

For future reference, is there a post with directions to upload screenshots etc ...

I'm no even an auld guy :)) :D :D

I've no idea mate, might be worth PM'ing an admin.

As far as I know, assuming you already have taken a screenshot, it should be just the same as posting any other type of picture.

We were treated totally different from the rest when they made up the rules as they went along and condemned us to the lower leagues.

Some clubs could go to the wall as there's no gate revenue, there might not even be teams available to fulfill fixtures when the virus is under control.

Only option is null and void

That's incorrect

That's how the Rhag has made it's money.

Don't buy.

The sun - just stop reading it, clicking it, buying it. It’s an arse wipe of a rag full of scum liers from cradle to grave.

Regarding their article 99 bullshit statement, there is no way a league championship can simply be awarded when other teams can still win it. Any attempt to do this (and I fully expect SFA Peter to help Celtic Peter achieve this) will bankrupt our game through court battles.

We all know it was highly unlikely that we would win the league this year but far stranger things have happened, especially in football. The same applies to the relegation fight. In fact, that’s even closer.

I do feel for the teams who are line for promotion (Dundee United aside) but the simple fact of the matter is that there is not and never was a contingency in the rules for the spread of a global pandemic capable of killing many people.

It’s football ffs. We can start again when the time is right and this thing is under control. In the mean time, I fully expect the full mentally challenged behaviour from across the city. I fully expect expect howls of conspiracy and I fully expect several attempts to secure a championship that, in the minds of most sensible human beings, is void due to much higher priorities.

Spot on - NO ifs or buts .

If they award the title then their aims and existence is crystal clear then a full legal challenge should be undertaken.

Better question is how many of these rags will still be in business with no football matches to accurately and fairly report to their readers?
Their opinions are as relevant as toffee teeth

That's incorrect

Sporting integrity demands this is the action taken. All teams have bad runs at different times, Mr Lennons teams usually faulter late on in the season.

Back