is not about awarding titles - its about relegation

BucksBear

if we are going to award titles then the likes of Dundee United will expect to be awarded the championship. they have as big a lead as celtic. So what happens?

Hearts go down. they sue. we re-arrange the leagues? then we have the same argument at every level. Does league 2 end up with 8 teams? Awarding anything leads to a can of worms and can't only be done when all the games are complete. If the projections are to be believed that it will peak in june / july. we might be worrying about starting next season more than finishing this one

Who was at the top of the League when war broke out and what happened to the title in these years??
This isn’t the definitive argument you think it is.

It‘s a precedent from nearly a century ago, which you’re trying to apply to an unprecedented situation.

There are other - strong - reasons why the League and Cup may ultimately be abandoned. Probably for the best. But it won’t be straightforward.

It’s far from ”end of”.

Big arguments lie ahead. And likely legal battles.

This is true. It’s a complete clusterfuck, of no ones fault to be fair.

Trying to look at it objectively, you simply can’t award a team champions or relegate a team based on a competition that’s only part way through. It doesn’t look like it’s going to be realistic to finish it after the suspension - though that maybe change.

The only option is to void it, unfortunately. It’s unfortunate from a non-partisan point of view, from a self-interest POV I obviously want it void but I’ve not worked back from there, I just don’t see any alternative.

If Rangers were in cel’ic position I’d be gutted but ultimately there’s no other option but it will get messy.

I get the frustration of the likes of Liverpool and even the orcs. However tell Hearts or Bournemouth they are down with all the financial implications that carries and they’ll see them in court. Unless they find away to complete the games ASAP then voiding is surely the only option.

Trying to look at it objectively, you simply can’t award a team champions or relegate a team based on a competition that’s only part way through. It doesn’t look like it’s going to be realistic to finish it after the suspension - though that maybe change.

The only option is to void it, unfortunately. It’s unfortunate from a non-partisan point of view, from a self-interest POV I obviously want it void but I’ve not worked back from there, I just don’t see any alternative.

If Rangers were in cel’ic position I’d be gutted but ultimately there’s no other option but it will get messy.
I agree they shouldn’t award anything on the basis of part of the season.

But I’ve outlined on the other thread one possible option for playing out the season. I think the SFA could have, and now should, do that. I suspect they won’t, but I doubt that’ll be the end of the matter.

It’s far from ”end of”.

It needs to be done by UEFA for the whole of football and take it away from individual FA’s to combat strong clubs getting their own way.

If any team have already won their leagues then they deserve to keep it other than that nothing should be awarded.
If a team are beyond safety and already destined for the drop then they should only drop if the team in the lower division have mathematically won their league already.

It’s far from ”end of”.

Can you give me 1 legal reason Hearts should be relegated or celtic awarded winners of a league thats incomplete?

I can give you many legal reasons why if the other way round.

It’s far from ”end of”.

I’m not sure why you think their is any legal argument whatsoever? The season isn’t completely, legally I’m not even sure you could award titles and relegations if it stopped at 37 games but it seems pretty cut and dry at this stage with nothing decided.

The PFA Scotland’s statement from yesterday is quite clear they won’t be playing closed door games. As long as people are at risk they want the players and coaches treated as people and awarded the same protections as everyone else.

already thread on this.

League wont finish, league will be void. End of.
You'd like to think that would be the case. I suspect Celtic are seriously going to fight it and that is the one team the SFA and SPFL listen to without fail. I suspect the SFA would be willing to piss everyone off to keep Celtic happy. The SFA will be begging for the decision to be taken out of their hands.

If the season is restarted, will it run into the transfer window? All teams would have major disturbance to their squads. It's not feasible.

Last edited:
if UEFA turn round tomorrow and say all leagues void , then that's it end of story , to titles or relegation to debate , for CL/Europa same teams as season before

if not it will get messy

Not quite.

The likes of Celtic, Dundee United, and Liverpool and Leeds, won’t be happy.
My opinion is that it isn't fair for a title to be awarded or promotion if the season is incomplete and it is also unfair for teams to be relegated in the same circumstances so domestically it has to stay the same for next season and the league voided it doesn't stop the whole issue of prize money coefficient points and European competition places amongst other things gonna take a lot of head knocking and time to get this all sorted

I’m not sure it will get so messy , if handled properly and sympathetically with public health and well-being at the forefront of the actions - as it ought to be .

fifa / uefa determine an outcome and apply it across all associations .

where possible decent recompense via sharing if funds to alleviate club collapses .

maybe the question is which clubs get proposed by the associations for next seasons European adventures . The as now positions would seem acceptable .

With my gers hat on, I hope the league is void. Would be hilarious.

With my neutral hat on, I hope they find a way to complete all domestic seasons. I think if they were willing to get a bit creative it could be done. Not really football administrators forte mind you.

Not quite.

Fućk them.

Sadly the club will bought off again:

Two up

No relegation to / from The Chsmpionship

Divvy up prize money ( branded as solidarity payments )

All league positions finalised - Paed fc - League winners.

If we go down based on the table as it stands now I’m done with football.

We would go to the wall.

If the league’s voided you wi t go down.

Sadly, your club b will collude with CeItic (again) to ensure that they get a 9th title, with 2 clubs coming up (no relegation).

The only thing that Doncaster & MacLennan care about us getting #9 for their paymasters, giving Hearts / Accies etc an effective get out of jail card won’t cost CeItic anything shít will be offered.

# Sporting Integrty

The implication from the SPFL statement that they had no funds left to distribute among member clubs to help bridge the impending funding gap is that they would not have the funds to deal with litigation from member clubs. They'll be hoping for a decree from UEFA and will hope that such a decree would get them off the hook from a legal standpoint. One question (among many no doubt) would be if any legal weight could be given to UEFA making this decision.

e8ERTU9.gif

if we are going to award titles then the likes of Dundee United will expect to be awarded the championship. they have as big a lead as celtic. So what happens?

Hearts go down. they sue. we re-arrange the leagues? then we have the same argument at every level. Does league 2 end up with 8 teams? Awarding anything leads to a can of worms and can't only be done when all the games are complete. If the projections are to be believed that it will peak in june / july. we might be worrying about starting next season more than finishing this one

Who gets CL place next season?

Heard there will be no champions no relegation and two teams to come up from championship as it stands that’s scundee Utd and Inverness. All guess work who knows what will happen as long as the filth are not crowned champions I don’t care :) .

Guys in the pub saying (don't know if it's true) that the sea are talking about voiding this season but giving leading teams a points advantage head start kinda thing next season...

Not quite.

If it came to it, none of these teams would stand a chance of being able to make a legal claim that they would have won the competition as there is no way of being able to prove it,runners up relegated teams however would have a very good case, are the spell willing to take a very expensive.gamble on this
It’s far from ”end of”.

O

With the award of a league title comes CL qualification, yes?

No way. The Holy Romans have an eye on a prize in addition to the title for their own bragging right reasons.

I wish them nothing but ill fortune, in perpetuity.

if Any team are awarded a championship while they can still mathematically be caught no matter how big the points difference then the whole game's a bogey!!
season needs to be void

If Leeds United are denied the ability to complete the season and achieve promotion I’ll burn the EFL HQ to the ground.

Back