is not about awarding titles - its about relegation

Good news all round

I’m going to assume you’re being sarcastic here :p

Between corrupt officiating, ridiculous kick off times, double standards, clear agendas against certain Rangers players and staff, racist undertones, biased and bigoted pundits, if the poets get the title without kicking another ball and we go down then it’s the final nail in the coffin and football in this country is dead to me.

Not quite.

The likes of Celtic, Dundee United, and Liverpool and Leeds, won’t be happy.

And if you go with the opposite, other teams will be unhappy.

If the season isn't finished, it's a no-win for the powers that be.

UEFA will blanked this across all nations.

I’m going to assume you’re being sarcastic here :p

Between corrupt officiating, ridiculous kick off times, double standards, clear agendas against certain Rangers players and staff, racist undertones, biased and bigoted pundits, if the poets get the title without kicking another ball and we go down then it’s the final nail in the coffin and football in this country is dead to me.
Perfectly serious I'm afraid. Now you can feel what I felt. Your club has danced with the devil for years. I am hoping Scottish football will be no longer viable and Rangers can go elsewhere.

Who was at the top of the League when war broke out and what happened to the title in these years??
This has not set a precedent. It is a completely new organisation now
( SPFL)
I still think they are waiting on what the EPL decides and will follow suit. A bigger bunch of cowards and wasters you would be hard pushed to find anywhere.

It’s far from ”end of”.

Big arguments lie ahead. And likely legal battles.
This is what gives me the fear as we are so slow, unresponsive and reactive to everything when things happen. I hope to fk King is being proactive with this and ring fenced a tidy sum for the best QCs in the country.

Fućk them.

Sadly the club will bought off again:

Two up

No relegation to / from The Chsmpionship

Divvy up prize money ( branded as solidarity payments )

All league positions finalised - Paed fc - League winners.

The only glitch with that one is that you then have a 2 tiered final decision.

The top of the table standing counts and prize delivered (trophy) whilst the bottom of the table standings don’t count as the bottom two haven’t received their prize (relegation & play off - I know it’s not much of a prize).

I’d be well pissed off with my club if they didn’t challenge such an outcome.

The last time the Scottish season was abandoned was 1939/40 due to outbreak of war.......Rangers were top of league at the time.......no trophies were awarded....so the precedent has been set. If we are unable to complete the season then no league winners, and in 2008 Peter Lawell stated due to sporting integrity the seasons football can never be extended.

I get the frustration of the likes of Liverpool and even the orcs. However tell Hearts or Bournemouth they are down with all the financial implications that carries and they’ll see them in court. Unless they find away to complete the games ASAP then voiding is surely the only option.
Radio Scotland today had Jambo fans on saying they deserve to go down. The campaign has started. We need to wake up.

Whatever they do it’ll be within the rules, or something voted on within the constitution.

Anything else will lead to years of court battles.

League wont finish, league will be void. End of.
[/QUOTE]

That's bullshit.

There no such rule.

You're making shite up.

Can you give me 1 legal reason Hearts should be relegated or celtic awarded winners of a league thats incomplete?

I can give you many legal reasons why if the other way round.
I’m not sure why you think their is any legal argument whatsoever? The season isn’t completely, legally I’m not even sure you could award titles and relegations if it stopped at 37 games but it seems pretty cut and dry at this stage with nothing decided.

The PFA Scotland’s statement from yesterday is quite clear they won’t be playing closed door games. As long as people are at risk they want the players and coaches treated as people and awarded the same protections as everyone else.
I don’t know why anyone would think I believe any team should be awarded titles, promoted or relegated, on the strength of what’s been played so far. I haven’t said that, and don’t believe it.

What I’ve said, in detail on the main thread, is that I think the SFA is missing their only opportunity - right now - to try to play out the season quickly. And so forestall all the arguments and likely legal wrangles. That opportunity could quickly vanish, and they’ve already wasted this weekend.

I expect the season to be declared void. But the bitterness will remain. I predict Celtic will claim this season’s title, even though I don’t believe they’ll be awarded it, and they shouldn’t be. And I don’t just mean their fans - the club will claim it too.

With my gers hat on, I hope the league is void. Would be hilarious.

With my neutral hat on, I hope they find a way to complete all domestic seasons. I think if they were willing to get a bit creative it could be done. Not really football administrators forte mind you.
To be fair the clowns running scottish football are struggling to fit in our game in hand never mind work out how to finish the remaining league games. I cant wait to see their solution.

This is what gives me the fear as we are so slow, unresponsive and reactive to everything when things happen. I hope to fk King is being proactive with this and ring fenced a tidy sum for the best QCs in the country.
Big time. We have a clear, simple and right position. It was still all to play for. Nothing decided.

This has not set a precedent. It is a completely new organisation now
( SPFL)
I still think they are waiting on what the EPL decides and will follow suit. A bigger bunch of cowards and wasters you would be hard pushed to find anywhere.
Hope not as giving Liverpool title would not be opposed by many in England imo

Support full of Nats as well. I don’t know where it’s all gone horribly wrong.
Seems to have happened pretty quickly too. It doesn't seem that long ago that Hearts fans were pretty decent but are now overrun with idiotic Nats and mentally challenged boaby-sookers.

It's even worse with Motherwell (my home town) fans who used to be good sorts but are now an utterly vile shower of pricks.

I'd like Hearts to have another go in the top flight but only because of there still being some decent fans like you. You do, though, keep bad company.

Really

What argument is it u anticipated

League hasn’t finished

Where does the legal limbo come in
Have you seen the thread on flicking through the rule book?

One interpretation is that the SFA/SPFL can declare the season over, and decide everything.

Do you really think Celtic are just going to roll over and accept they don’t get the title? See the comments from Lennon and Brown.

I don’t know why anyone would think I believe any team should be awarded titles, promoted or relegated, on the strength of what’s been played so far. I haven’t said that, and don’t believe it.

What I’ve said, in detail on the main thread, is that I think the SFA is missing their only opportunity - right now - to try to play out the season quickly. And so forestall all the arguments and likely legal wrangles. That opportunity could quickly vanish, and they’ve already wasted this weekend.

I expect the season to be declared void. But the bitterness will remain. I predict Celtic will claim this season’s title, even though I don’t believe they’ll be awarded it, and they shouldn’t be. And I don’t just mean their fans - the club will claim it too.

fair enough, but it was IMHO the right thing to do regards postponing/canceling football. life is more important than profits.

Back