most red carded Rangers player in club history.

When you think about how many years proper combative midfielders like Ian Ferguson played for us it incredible that Ryan Jack is up there in his short career.

I'm sure Alfredo had not been sent off before joining us, which tells a story. Obviously he has himself to blame for a couple recently.
Ryan Jack's Red cards are even more blatant because he certainly never had a lot at Aberdeen!

I’d imagine most teams are similar as the reasons for red cards nowadays is a joke when you see what you got away with in the past! Red cards used to be a rare occurrence now it’s almost every single game!

Just looking at the stats and blown away if I am reading it correctly. looks like Alfie followed by Willie Johnston then Ryan jack quite amazing that 2 of them are current first team players.

I think the thing that shocks me most is Gregor Steven doesn’t make the list but it’s a disgrace how Jack and Morelos have been subject to different refereeing standards than opposing players on the pitch in the same game.

I've seen some genuine hard case footballers in Scotland down the decades, not only Rangers players. That guys like Alfredo and Ryan Jack have had more red cards is not only laughable but proof of the cheating by refs.

Just looking at the stats and blown away if I am reading it correctly. looks like Alfie followed by Willie Johnston then Ryan jack quite amazing that 2 of them are current first team players.
Dreaming the third was still a current player.:p

I’d imagine most teams are similar as the reasons for red cards nowadays is a joke when you see what you got away with in the past! Red cards used to be a rare occurrence now it’s almost every single game!

True, plus the fact in recent seasons most of top refs are have been fired up to cause Rangers as many problems as possible...corrupt.. tims record will be the opposite as everything is done not to upset them or make decisions which can cost points like red cards.

I hope at some point Stevie G just comes right out with it, there wouldnt be anything like this gap at the top if scottish officials were honest and not part of the Celtic family.

Vatican Assisted Refs, that's your VAR in Scotland they are corrupt and a shower of shite, next thing they'll be booking our players for blowing kisses, while the alter boys eleven get away with murder. ;)

Last edited:
If Johnston had carried on with his disciplinary behaviour up here there was a real possibility he would have ended up being suspended sine die. When he was transferred to WBA I remember there was some talk of that being part of the reason.

I assumed it be woodburn. He was only sent off 4 times. Suspension for punching someone then sine die, retalation to bad tackle while he had a knee injury.

Last edited:
Back