If anyone is bored enough, cm01/02!

mr_snrub

I saw a thread about fm2020. While I wish I could play it, it won't run on my shanner of a laptop.
You can, however, download championship manager 01/02 for free here https://www.fmscout.com/a-championship-manager-0102-free-download.html

It's so old you can run all leagues on pretty much any laptop, and we are proper good in it with some cracking players!
Might help burn a few hours during self isolation!

Preferred these older versions to the newer editions, got fm19 and there was so much faffing about I stopped playing after about 3-4 hours.

The last time I played this, after a few seasons you could start buying players whose contracts were unprotected. I ended up with Terry, Ferdinand, Lampard, Gerrard, Owen, Henry, Robben, Trezeguet and Van Der Vaart at Rangers (which isn't as unlikely as it sounds now I suppose) pretty much through signing most of them due to it. Was that a genuine thing back then or an issue/bug with the game?

I saw a thread about fm2020. While I wish I could play it, it won't run on my shanner of a laptop.
You can, however, download championship manager 01/02 for free here https://www.fmscout.com/a-championship-manager-0102-free-download.html

It's so old you can run all leagues on pretty much any laptop, and we are proper good in it with some cracking players!

Check the Rangers team that you get when you start the game: Kappila, Pentilla, Adamczuk, Feeney, Christiansen!

Still come back to this game every now and again, my all time fave version with a save on the go just now. Might be able to guess my favourite player in the game

Agreed. Here’s my team, here’s my formation, bang - kick-off. Way too much fancying about on the newer versions.
Definitely,if I wanted to run a training schedule and do a pre match press conference as well as take team talks and tunnel interviews id just manage a real team.

You’d think someone by now would’ve come o with a way to play CM 01/02 on iPads . Everyone would be playing it . Who has a laptop these days ?

Would be great if you could get Ultimate Soccer Manager as well.

That was brilliant.

There is freeware knocking about mate. I downloaded it a year or two ago.

Favourite manager game of all time.

The very limited sound effects were quite nostalgic as well.

Never managed to make a successful ‘bung’:))

Pretty sure there was also a bug in the game where you could edit an opposing club’s transfer bid to £99,999,999. If not it may have been CM01/02.

Last edited:
if you a technofobe, on ebay they'll send you a disc with it all done for you for a fiver
game is so quick compared to nonsense versions nowadays

Ahh a blast from the past. Good shout OP.

Must be weird seeing people like the Gaffer and Lampard as promising young players though. Makes me start to feel old. :(

Eventually rooney comes up through the Everton Academy! He never gets to be that good tho

Football Manager, the most addictive game in computer game history.

My best ever save was with Rangers. Think I won 13 or 14 in a row.

I had won back to back Champions League's. The first beating Celtic in the final and then went on to retain it by winning it at Hampden the following year.

I had Zidane and Ronaldinho as coaches after they stayed on after playing.

Ronaldinho would score 60 goals a season for me.

I was absolutely gutted as ended up losing it when my old dear got a new computer.

I tried the free download of FM20 but didn’t get past the first game due to all the information. I would be better off trying this.

Cheers op. Will give this a whirl after work tomorrow.

My wife may name you in her divorce papers after this mind you!

I tried the free download of FM20 but didn’t get past the first game due to all the information. I would be better off trying this.

There’s far too much going on these days for me.

I realise it’s the purist gamer’s wet dream but for folk that only play for a couple of hours in their spare time it’s just far too detailed.

I used to enjoy the watered down PSP mobile version around 2007/08.

The last time I played this, after a few seasons you could start buying players whose contracts were unprotected. I ended up with Terry, Ferdinand, Lampard, Gerrard, Owen, Henry, Robben, Trezeguet and Van Der Vaart at Rangers (which isn't as unlikely as it sounds now I suppose) pretty much through signing most of them due to it. Was that a genuine thing back then or an issue/bug with the game?
I think it was a genuine thing with contracts, due to European law for a short period. Players could walk away from a contract half way through and the club only had to pay up the remainder of the contract. I think the only player to ever do it was a certain Andy Webster.

Ah the good old days, play two player sell your worst players for huge money to the scum and sell off all their players. If they don't leave fine them over and over play strikers in goal.

Championship Manager was quality back in the day, then it became football manager, stopped being a game and turned into a realistic simulation. I don't want wage budgets and training regimes, I want to take Notts County to the Champions league and pluck unknown Scandinavian players from obscurity and turn them into superstars. Think a season takes about a month of your life, if you are self isolating.

There is the touch version of FM20 which is more simplified and cuts out a lot of the nonsense.

I tried there to install this on my iPad but just isn’t working .

I’m actually considering buying a very cheap laptop and using the CM 01/02 disk so that I can play it

Now THAT's nostalgia! Think I'll give it a go later today.

The wife will realise she won't be able to talk to me for a considerable while though!

Back