Gorams best performance

Aberdeen away 92/93 as previously mentioned for me. Saved the ball with his arse! Made his own luck there.

Along with McCoist, my hero growing up as he was a fairly short goalie by usual standards, as was I.

Leeds away I'd go for.
Marseille at home he was phenomenal too. If not for him, we'd have been far more than 2 down and never in a position to come back.

Reactions: TQ3
Leeds away was outstanding
Made even better because of the usual english media mentality of its just a matter of how many leeds would beat us by

The Pittodrie game is always there with Elland Road for me.
True story. Group of friends of mine discussing Rangers goalies in Glasgow Airport departure lounge. One of them, decent amateur GK, says Klos to derision from the rest who all say Goram. Voice from behind them say “Klos was technically as good a keeper as you’ll ever see”, boys all turn round .... Goram sitting having a red wine. Joins them and admits that he made great saves at times due to being out of position and that Klos worked so hard at the technical side that he didn’t always have to try and make those saves as he was so often in spot on position. That said he could make them. Goram did break Celtc though so will always be a Legend.

Leeds away is the best goalkeeping performance I’ve ever seen from a Rangers keeper. He was absolutely incredible that night.

Leeds away.

I remember having a book from Match or Shoot that you filled in about your team as the season went along and my Granda asked me who was man of the match for that game.

Leeds away, had 50 quid on Rangers at 7/2 the last 10 mins he must have made at least 5 or 6 point blank saves. Truly world class

There were a few games at the piggery around 95/96 where he was unreal. They could have had 100 shots a game and not scored, his form was that good. Even more than that, he was in their heads. They KNEW how good he was and they KNEW they wouldn’t be able to score past him.

Reactions: TQ3
He is a true Rangers legend. For me, he was even above Schmeichel in World football. I thought Woods was top drawer, and was upset that he left, but Goram reached another level. His reactions were super quick, but he had an aura of invincibility. I haven’t seen a goalie as good before or since.

At the top of his game, the best keeper I’ve seen. Agree with most, Elland road away or Pittodrie, and it’s true he saved us from some absolute hidings in Europe. But the truth is he had a career of game winning saves, so many of them against the filth.

I still love this, for the celebration as much as the save, also this game was HUGE.

629663d1-fb65-4790-aade-89ab9465320c.gif

At the top of his game, the best keeper I’ve seen. Agree with most, Elland road away or Pittodrie, and it’s true he saved us from some absolute hidings in Europe. But the truth is he had a career of game winning saves, so many of them against the filth.

I still love this, for the celebration as much as the save, also this game was HUGE.

629663d1-fb65-4790-aade-89ab9465320c.gif

What did he shout at big Van hooijdonk? ;)

Back