60’s Retro Scarf

Der Hammer1

Official Ticketer
Hi guys,

does anyone have a clear image of the classic 60’s retro scarf with the angled ends?

if I can get a clear image I can reproduce it exactly. Should have asked for a picture of the 70’s could have got that more exact as well.

Will start the new design in a couple weeks

I've been longing to get an original of this scarf, no luck with it so far.

I have the golden lion badge scarf from Sixties, it fell from a supporters bus window over Fenwick Moor on the way to Kilmarnock as my dad's car travelled behind. Needless to say the car was stopped and it adorned my neck for a couple of seasons, then was consigned to a drawer, as the classic Seventies Rangers scarf of that era became the norm.

Now I'm older (a lot!) it gets the occasional airing, but I'm paranoid about losing it, so it's treated with much reverence and security.

I could tell you about the slightly different version of that scarf I had, which I cut up to go on the back panel of my Wrangler jacket, but that's another story.
:))

If you’re interested let me know. I’ve got an image of a scarf from a kind fellow on here who dug one out and took some photos for me. Will get started on the design next week :)

@Der Hammer1 don't know if this pic is any good to you?

H3554-L170230641.jpg

Hi guys,

does anyone have a clear image of the classic 60’s retro scarf with the angled ends?

if I can get a clear image I can reproduce it exactly. Should have asked for a picture of the 70’s could have got that more exact as well.

Will start the new design in a couple weeks
I have the original and still wear it to all the games. It’s pretty shrunk and although the colours are fading, they are fine. This is the scarf I would love to have and have been hoping for years someone would do a retro version. - one each for me and my two sons.

I have one that’s itchy as fook
So try not to get the same material
I don't have one as I mentioned earlier in the thread, but I've seen them often enough to know they're not the same material as the silk scarf with the golden lions.

If you’re interested let me know. I’ve got an image of a scarf from a kind fellow on here who dug one out and took some photos for me. Will get started on the design next week :)
With regard to material, I think the original was cotton, or cotton mix.

@Der Hammer1 don't know if this pic is any good to you?

H3554-L170230641.jpg

This is the version of the scarf that i had it has a much chunkier shield than the one at the top of the thread. This was a very popular scarf. I remember buying mine in a shop under the railway bridge in Argyle St just past where the Blue Lagoon is now. There was another shop on the other side of the road called Morrisons who were the official stockist for Rangers scarves, ties etc. I was trying to source the shield scarf in this thread only to be told by the man in Morrisons that Scot Symon would not be pleased at me buying the unofficial shield scarf in the shop across the road. The wee shield scarves were very popular and were usually worn cravat style.

I've been longing to get an original of this scarf, no luck with it so far.

I have the golden lion badge scarf from Sixties, it fell from a supporters bus window over Fenwick Moor on the way to Kilmarnock as my dad's car travelled behind. Needless to say the car was stopped and it adorned my neck for a couple of seasons, then was consigned to a drawer, as the classic Seventies Rangers scarf of that era became the norm.

Now I'm older (a lot!) it gets the occasional airing, but I'm paranoid about losing it, so it's treated with much reverence and security.

I could tell you about the slightly different version of that scarf I had, which I cut up to go on the back panel of my Wrangler jacket, but that's another story.
:))

I finally gave in to emotional blackmail from my son and let him have my scarf with the gold lion shields a couple of years ago. Mine had the curved shields around the lion, there had been an older version of this scarf with straight sides on the shields.

I finally gave in to emotional blackmail from my son and let him have my scarf with the gold lion shields a couple of years ago. Mine had the curved shields around the lion, there had been an older version of this scarf with straight sides on the shields.
The scarf my Father wore is always proudly worn at Ibrox park and always will be( Well when we are allowed to attend games again)

Right mate gave my mate your scarf tonight to make up for my past indiscretion.
Not to impressed, as he said the tassels used to be looped and why didn’t you do the red and white stripes thinner?
Next one is your last chance to get me out of jail, depending on you B-D

Hey guys,

a kind poster on here has sent me these photos of his 60’s scarf and I’m planning on recreating this if everyone is interested :)

If anyone has other designs they would prefer open to suggestions. Trying to gauge interest on the best design

No designs will come close to this one, this is the quintessential Rangers scarf. If these are as good quality as your last ones I will take 3 of them.

Hey guys,

a kind poster on here has sent me these photos of his 60’s scarf and I’m planning on recreating this if everyone is interested :)

If anyone has other designs they would prefer open to suggestions. Trying to gauge interest on the best design
A red '55' instead of the lion inside that shield design? It would obviously be year specific but a nice wee momento.
Also it would avoid any of the 'brand protection' stuff. Not that anyone can copyright the generic lion rampant, but you know what I mean.

Back