RTV App update

Mine doesn’t work properly on iOS. Just updated the app, still not working.
I’m just done watching Away Days full screen on iPad with no issues.

EDIT: Tried on iPhone XR as well and no major issues either. You lose a sliver of the screen when it goes full screen and also every time you go full screen, or back again, it restarts the video.

Last edited:
what I noticed on the RTV app for Android, ever since the update, whenever I go into the App and go to watch a video it says "member only" I have to physically sign out and then sign back in to view the videos.
Given the potential for accidentally logging in on multiple devices I suggest leaving yourself logged in on the App is poor practice as a matter of course.

Logout then login again.

And is it an older phone by any chance?
Thanks mate. I’ve been trying that over the last few weeks with no joy. Yeah,it’s an iPhone that’s now a couple of years old. Haven’t tried the app on the new iPad yet. In my house I don’t get a shot of it too often!

RTV Via the website on the phone is working fine to be fair.

I just log out and log back in, then everything starts to work. Bit strange.
I have to do this almost everytime I use the app on iphone or ipad. A wee niggle.

My only wee quibble on ios is that changing to full screen on ipad or iphone the app has to re-load itself and start again rather than having a smooth transition. Once the match is over and I want to log out from full screen mode it inevitably ’freezes’ and it takes a while for the blue screen to offer the change back to ’box’ mode. As I say, these are small hiccups and I’m sure through app development will be improved. The main thing is that we keep on winning and watch it on RTV :))B-D

Thanks mate. I’ve been trying that over the last few weeks with no joy. Yeah,it’s an iPhone that’s now a couple of years old. Haven’t tried the app on the new iPad yet. In my house I don’t get a shot of it too often!

RTV Via the website on the phone is working fine to be fair.
Two year old iPhone should be fine. My iPhoneXR is at least that old.

Update makes no difference and still dosen’t work.
Your problem is a weird one. From what I remember your phone isn’t an older device. So here’s a weird idea if you want to dig further. Try finding a mate with the RTV App (or download it on another device). Try it and see if it works with your login. If it does, you will know for sure that it is something to do with your phone - be that the age of the phone, a Setting you’ve changed, a conflicting App or whatever. Doesn’t solve your problem, of course, but it identifies the source.

Be sure to logout of one device before trying the other of course.

Your problem is a weird one. From what I remember your phone isn’t an older device. So here’s a weird idea if you want to dig further. Try finding a mate with the RTV App (or download it on another device). Try it and see if it works with your login. If it does, you will know for sure that it is something to do with your phone - be that the age of the phone, a Setting you’ve changed, a conflicting App or whatever. Doesn’t solve your problem, of course, but it identifies the source.

Be sure to logout of one device before trying the other of course.
The app works perfectly on the iPad.F uck know what the bother.I,ll get my mate to try it VB.

Any chance RTV app could add Chromecast functionality back. Was on the previous version of the app.

That’s the main reason I’m not buying the match tomorrow and will just watch it on another site.

It really annoys me how everything worked brilliantly at the start of the season and then they messed about tinkering it.

Went from casting matches to my TV with perfect picture to missing full games for being automatically logged out of my account and unable to log back in.

I re-registered everything this morning and to be fair the new App seems to work great but I’m not gonna pay for a match if I have to watch it on my phone.

The app works perfectly on the iPad.F uck know what the bother.I,ll get my mate to try it VB.
Crazy. It’s definitely something to do with the phone then if your Account works fine on iPad. There was a phase on here when folk were being advised to turn off JavaScript I recall. It’s a very long shot but you didn’t do that and not turn it back on again?

Can you just post your make, model and age of phone again. I’m wondering if we can establish any sort of pattern here for folk that can’t get it to work. I’ve seen that the iPhone6s and older doesn’t work or the older version of the iPhoneSE so I’m wondering if it’s phones from circa 2015/early 2016 and earlier that might be the issue.

That’s the main reason I’m not buying the match tomorrow and will just watch it on another site.

It really annoys me how everything worked brilliantly at the start of the season and then they messed about tinkering it.

Went from casting matches to my TV with perfect picture to missing full games for being automatically logged out of my account and unable to log back in.

I re-registered everything this morning and to be fair the new App seems to work great but I’m not gonna pay for a match if I have to watch it on my phone.
Why not view it via the website on your phone - if it’s Android I think you can cast the tab from the website? See the appropriate tab in this link.

Crazy. It’s definitely something to do with the phone then if your Account works fine on iPad. There was a phase on here when folk were being advised to turn off JavaScript I recall. It’s a very long shot but you didn’t do that and not turn it back on again?

Can you just post your make, model and age of phone again. I’m wondering if we can establish any sort of pattern here for folk that can’t get it to work. I’ve seen that the iPhone6s and older doesn’t work or the older version of the iPhoneSE so I’m wondering if it’s phones from circa 2015/early 2016 and earlier that might be the issue.
I have iPhone SE under a year old, App still not working for me. I have latest iOS, have taken App off and on again so many times, re booting phone each time. I can logon ok on wife's phone and she can logon on my phone no problem.
(RTV support were full of potential solutions (mostly as said above) none have worked. They then washed their hands of it saying they were working on it and could take couple of weeks, well thats past and nothing from them).

Update makes no difference and still dosen’t work.
si72, I had problems with the app on my iphone 6s but may have found the solution. I had tried all the deleting app, clearing cache solutions to no avail. If your phone appears to start the app then you get the loading wheel then this may help.

Go to Settings_Display&Brightness then look at the "Display Zoom" setting. Mine was set to "Zoomed" and when changed to "Standard" I was then able to access the app and view all the videos.

Why not view it via the website on your phone - if it’s Android I think you can cast the tab from the website? See the appropriate tab in this link.

Thanks for that, I have an iPhone and a MacBook Pro Laptop so my try and see if I can cast it to my TV from my laptop.

The instructions don’t seem to tell you how to select what it is you actually want to watch.

Maybe it’ll be self explanatory when I give it a go.

Thanks.

I have iPhone SE under a year old, App still not working for me. I have latest iOS, have taken App off and on again so many times, re booting phone each time. I can logon ok on wife's phone and she can logon on my phone no problem.
(RTV support were full of potential solutions (mostly as said above) none have worked. They then washed their hands of it saying they were working on it and could take couple of weeks, well thats past and nothing from them).
Now that is interesting, unless I’ve misunderstood you. Your wife can login to the App, using her Account, on your phone? That suggests the App on your phone is fine. And if you can do likewise with the App on her phone then it suggest your Account is also fine. That introduces an unfathomable problem - if I’ve understood you correctly.

Is there a rangers tv section on the new rangers app?

Ie can you login to rangers app on your iphone and watch games on it?

or do i need to continue to use the Rtv app?

TB, fyi....I had the app work on a relative's new SE. Maybe this will help .. ...

Go to Settings_Display&Brightness then look at the "Display Zoom" setting. Mine was set to "Zoomed" and when changed to "Standard" I was then able to access the app and view all the videos.

Thanks for that, I have an iPhone and a MacBook Pro Laptop so my try and see if I can cast it to my TV from my laptop.

The instructions don’t seem to tell you how to select what it is you actually want to watch.

Maybe it’ll be self explanatory when I give it a go.

Thanks.
Login to RangersTV on Chrome then follow those instructions and it should cast the tab you are viewing. The link goes through various options to try. This one might be best - though the Note about audio is a concern:

Cast your computer screen​

You can display your entire computer screen using Chrome on Mac, Windows, and Chrome OS.

Note: To play the audio on your TV, use a Windows computer.

1. On your computer, open Chrome.
  2. At the top right, click More
    More
    and then
    Cast.
  3. Click Sources
    Down Arrow
  4. Click Cast desktop.
  5. Choose the Chromecast device where you want to watch the content.

Last edited:
TB, fyi....I had the app work on a relative's new SE. Maybe this will help .. ...

I’d forgotten you gave me that tip mate.:( I’m pretty sure Standard is the default setting - but some folk do like to mess around in there. Worth checking.

Login to RangersTV on Chrome then follow those instructions and it should cast the tab you are viewing. The link goes through various options to try. This one might be best - though the Note about audio is a concern:

Cast your computer screen​

You can display your entire computer screen using Chrome on Mac, Windows, and Chrome OS.

Note: To play the audio on your TV, use a Windows computer.

1. On your computer, open Chrome.
  2. At the top right, click More
    More
    and then
    Cast.
  3. Click Sources
    Down Arrow
  4. Click Cast desktop.
  5. Choose the Chromecast device where you want to watch the content.

Oh right, that’s great thank you.

Appreciate you taking the time (and having the patience) to help people on here.
:)

What happens when you click on the - tiny - icon top left of the screen when playing a video/stream? Does the AirPlay box come up?

The AirPlay option is there on the app, it just never makes it to the AppleTV or either of my TVs with AirPlay built in.

Definitely app related, as BT Sport works fine, and I can get it to work on Safari.

Is there a Rangers tv section on the new Rangers app?

Ie can you login to Rangers app on your iphone and watch games on it?

or do i need to continue to use the Rtv app?
The new Rangers App is a bit clunky I find. It simply takes you to the website in truth. There’s a link in there - under Help I think - for RangersTV but, again, it simply loads the website,

Personal view only, but I always prefer to simply use the website via my browser for all things Rangers. Even though I dint have the issues with the Apps that some do, they both work for me.

Last edited:
The AirPlay option is there on the app, it just never makes it to the AppleTV or either of my TVs with AirPlay built in.

Definitely app related, as BT Sport works fine, and I can get it to work on Safari.
BB, I opened the app on iphone 6s, then used the "swipe up" from bottom of iphone method then selected "Screen Mirroring" to AppleTV. This worked for me last week.

Edit: Just verified this still works on updated RTV app.

So I’ve subscribed to every home game so far, changed my password recently when they changed the process and worked fine for the last few games. Now I get an issue with the authentication cookie not being set..anyone any suggestions?, I’ve clicked & accepted everything when trying to sign in, thanks in advance

If anyone on here works for Rtv can you explain why the support email never replies ? it's a shocking service.

I emailed on the 13th February about my subscribed and virtual season ticket content not working and not heard a peep since, I have emailed thema few times. Its shocking.

I have contacted the SLO to see if he can help with it but waiting to hear back

I had to buy last Saturday match to watch it and will probably need to do the same tomorrow

Samsung Galaxy A80 and up to date version and only 18months old.

Anyone else have to login every time they access the app? Bit of a pain
It’s kinda normal it seems. I’d never recommend leaving yourself signed in on the App anyway. If you then move to another device, or to the website, you risk the ‘too many connections Account Blocked’ message. Best practice would be to logout after every use. I tend to do that on any App that has anything more than my email address stored regardless - in case of ‘mishaps’ like losing the phone.

Last edited:
Samsung Galaxy A80 and up to date version and only 18months old.
Based on my issue with the iphone it could be related to screen resolution. Might be worth trying a different setting on your phone. You probably know this but just in case.....

How to change the screen resolution:
  1. Go to your phone's Settings menu.
  2. Scroll down to Display.
  3. Tap on Change screen resolution.
  4. You can now select either HD (1280×720), FHD (1920×1080), or WQHD (2560×1440)
  5. Tap on Apply in the top right corner.

The content works fine on Samsung s10 for me. Full screen. The only niggle is if I haven't viewed content that day I have to log out then back in again and no search function on app but it does have search functionon website. No biggie would like to see that fixed and be able to download to firestick

The new Rangers App is a bit clunky I find. It simply takes you to the website in truth. There’s a link in there - under Help I think - for RangersTV but, again, it simply loads the website,

Personal view only, but I always prefer to simply use the website via my browser for all things Rangers. Even though I dint have the issues with the Apps that some do, they both work for me.

I cant get the new app to work at all on my phone or tv but I dont need it as I just log in to the website direct. (I think)

Back