Rangers chief Stewart Robertson writes to chairmen as he asks for support in bitter row with SPFL bosses over cinch deal

So we told them before they signed the deal and they ignored it anyway? Absolutely ridiculous. I would say that Doncaster needs to go but the time for that is long past, he must have some serious dirt on folk as he appears to be bulletproof.
Liewell has had his back for much of his time here and for the absence of doubt sneaky pete has not ridden into the sunset.

Why would Cinch withdraw?

Up until a couple of months ago I'd never even heard of them. Then the SPFL announce a deal - I think to myself "what's a Cinch?"

Now that Rangers have challenged this shitfest of a deal, I actually found myself looking into what they are, and even ended up on their website (very purpley/pink). These rat bastards should be thanking us for the press we are giving them.

Why would Cinch withdraw?

Up until a couple of months ago I'd never even heard of them. Then the SPFL announce a deal - I think to myself "what's a Cinch?"

Now that Rangers have challenged this shitfest of a deal, I actually found myself looking into what they are, and even ended up on their website (very purpley/pink). These rat bastards should be thanking us for the press we are giving them.
Win win for them then,money back and had shit loads of publicity.

For anyone wondering, Cinch (.com) is the car sales branch of Webuyanycar.com. Used them a few months ago and the WBAC rep was raving about it.

This isn't a good look for our governing body. Firstly allowing this to happen and secondly bringing it in to the public domain. Game, set and match it would appear!

The bottom line seems to be, legally, according to Scots law, we can’t advertise since due to a contract being in place from a similar company. Even if we wanted to.
Rangers informed the spl of this and they either didn’t inform cinch and never put this in the contract or did inform them. It’s quite straight forward by the lols of it.
This could be any club, just so happens it’s us.
Also why bump your guns about how great the commercial department was when they didn’t do anything to get the deal over the line.
As an aside, it would be funny if we got wind of the cinch contract and had a clause written into Parks contract just before the cinch deal closed. That would be top, top shitehousery.
Anyway to summarise, I hope cinch pull out of any deal!!

He won't get "support" no matter how correct or articulate he may be about the matter.

We seen this with the independent investigation.

Let the lawyers deal with it.
If we are correct in law it doesn’t really matter. However, Rule 17 is important to every club and has to be protected. We might this time see the end of these chancers.

All we have to do is provide the emails/correspondence of the conversations with those c.unts

Doncaster and his ilk have been caught bang to rights on this,f.uck them

My respect for Stewart Robertson has grown during these last 18 months. Kudos to him for this latest response.

I don’t think this will sink the spfl, this whole exercise feels like death by a thousand cuts…eventually one is going to do it.

Keep up the good work Stewart.

A good response from Rangers. Two problems for me though. SPFL don't care if they are in the wrong. They just ignore it and carry on. Very much like sinn fein/ snp government. The other is the contempt for our club throughout scottish football. Rather than support Rangers they are more likely to vote for us to be punished. If they could get away with it we would receive a heavy fine. Five hundred thousand pounds?
Sounds like we hold all the legal cards here Fergie, we won't use Cinch as a sponsor, they won't be happy about the fact that the biggest team in Scotland not is using their name, so why wouldn't they pull out?
If they sue it won't be us they sue it will be the SPFL, if they (spfl) decide to fine us, again we seem to be legally protected. That's how I read it.

I really can't see cinch withdrawing from this deal. If anything, they have benefitted from the whole clusterf*ck with all the added publicity they are gaining from it. They are probably quite happy Rangers have taken this stance as it has got people talking about their brand. The cynic in me might even say this whole scenario was discussed before the deal was signed. I said in the previous thread that it wouldn't surprise me if the spfl had signed the deal knowing it would create a conflict with Rangers. Stewart Robertson has just confirmed as much. Cinch are getting publicity they wouldn't have got if we'd have just worn the sleeve badge.

Do we know for certain that Rangers have all of this in writing ?
I really hope it's not be done over the phone.

I really can't see cinch withdrawing from this deal. If anything, they have benefitted from the whole clusterf*ck with all the added publicity they are gaining from it. They are probably quite happy Rangers have taken this stance as it has got people talking about their brand. The cynic in me might even say this whole scenario was discussed before the deal was signed. I said in the previous thread that it wouldn't surprise me if the spfl had signed the deal knowing it would create a conflict with Rangers. Stewart Robertson has just confirmed as much. Cinch are getting publicity they wouldn't have got if we'd have just worn the sleeve badge.
I certainly wouldn’t rule out the scenario you have put forward, however if this was the case it would be by luck it has played out this way for the SPFL certainly not through their own competence and looking at the bigger picture.

It makes the Murdoch MacLennan communications last week look incredibly ill judged. What a surprise.
He does generally leap into action when something Desmont Dermut is likely to be displeased by crops.
That is not is not a new thing and predates him stinking out the SPFL.

Last edited:
So we told them before they signed the deal and they ignored it anyway? Absolutely ridiculous. I would say that Doncaster needs to go but the time for that is long past, he must have some serious dirt on folk as he appears to be bulletproof.
Looking forward to reading Pizza Jacksons version this in his role as dungcasters bitch.

Back