Rangers chief Stewart Robertson writes to chairmen as he asks for support in bitter row with SPFL bosses over cinch deal

Look at this GV6 site - just congratulating themselves setting up the current deal with a photo of the 2018/19 spl winners -tells a lot

https://www.gv6.co.uk/blog
A quick check on LinkedIn shows Steve Maddren of GV6 was Brand Manager at Associated Newspapers from 2001 till 2012
A certain Murdoch MacLennan was MD of Associated Newspapers from 1994 till 2004. MM was also connected with CCO of cinch in the past
Wonder how GV6 were selected as SPFL agents to find a sponsor and that sponsor just happens to be cinch?

A quick check on LinkedIn shows Steve Maddren of GV6 was Brand Manager at Associated Newspapers from 2001 till 2012
A certain Murdoch MacLennan was MD of Associated Newspapers from 1994 till 2004. MM was also connected with CCO of cinch in the past
Wonder how GV6 were selected as SPFL agents to find a sponsor and that sponsor just happens to be cinch?
Cover My Hand With Silver? could never happen in Scotland, we wouldn’t allow that:rolleyes:

Don't see the spfl argument at all. Would they expect Park Motors Salesrooms to cover their signs with cinch cars uk, and a picture of the very irritating Rylan? There is no way that Rangers failed to inform doncaster of that. Liars.

Does look murky to say the least. The question is, does it go beyond normal networking and using contacts, which in fairness happens all the time in most businesses.
Can a few phone calls to former colleagues justify a £500,000 price tag on commission?
We need clarification here as to the whole timeline and who was involved prior to this deal being cobbled together.
Further clarification is needed as to why the SPFL seemed determined to ram through this deal regardless of a member Club being expected to breach existing contracts.
Sporting integrity demands that this is all above board, be seen to be above board and clubs are not being short changed due to lack of clarification when they vote.

Wasn't exactly a link to celtic.

They were appointed by the SPFL late Jan/early Feb and included an item in the news section of their website confirming that appointment. That item included a picture of celtic, who were still the reigning (soon to be deposed) champions at the time, with the SPFL trophy.

Whether the owners of GV6 have leanings towards the dark side or not I don't know but this was certainly not evidence of a direct link to celtic.

Wouldn't surprise me if there was a link as recent history shows there almost always is.
There was another link with someone in the scum's corporate department too.

Not making excuses for the guy but the video posted above from plz or whatever it is McGuire has told the ex player McManus what to say before the show. The aye i see what you mean face he puts on is a bit too obvious.

No other clubs in the same position as Rangers re existing commercial deals? Or all content to tow the line and let SPFL and Rangers fight it out.

At the very least, there should be questions from all clubs about why due process was not followed and the deal signed while questions had been raised by Rangers. I suppose the clubs are saying, ‘who cares, show me the money’ but I assume cinch will be reluctant to pay out until this issue is resolved.
I doubt the clubs, any of them, will have a who cares attitude because a precedent will be set that could be disadvantages to them in the future!

So what happened at yesterday’s SPFL Board meeting? Nothing seems to have leaked into the media? Good news from our point of view?

It’s pretty normal to use folk you know in business deals and doesn’t mean wrong but I’d want to know whether MM got anything out of this. His angry reaction is puzzling. Rangers have done nothing wrong.

Also this deal will no doubt be used as an excuse to give doncaster a bonus when he has basically done feck all.

May have already been covered but can’t see it, do parks sponsee us in any sort of way? Haven’t seen it reported anywhere

This is what I'm confused about. Is it a personal thing for Douglas Park or do we have a commercial deal in place with his company?
I’ve looked at our sponsors and can’t see them listed but it may be a commercial deal to supply the team with cars or something? Obviously we use the buses so it might be something to do with that too.

Absolute nonsense he is on the attack and rightly so. He's defending Rangers you know very little of the man toevenn suggest that.
tenor.gif

This is what I'm confused about. Is it a personal thing for Douglas Park or do we have a commercial deal in place with his company?
All we have referenced is a pre-existing contractual obligation. We have at no time noted that this was, in fact, with any Douglas Park business.

The MSM, and others, are simply assuming that because Douglas Park sells cars that must be where the conflict lies.

It is just as likely that the conflict is with the Tomket Tires contract or, indeed, any of our other sponsors. Firms will pay a standard fee for sponsorship but will pay a significantly enhanced fee for exclusive rights. It will almost certainly be that which dictates we cannot display the cinch logo. Perhaps the Tomket deal includes a clause prohibiting any other business in the automotive industry advertising on the strip.

Wouldn't surprise me if we, knowing that the SPFL were closing in on the cinch deal, actually included such a clause in one of our shirt deals purely to manufacture such a situation. If so - we'll played Rangers.

Back