Juventus
West Brom
All to score 2 or more goal 20 @ 20

Man UTD
West Brom
Juventus
Wolfsburg
£20 on @ 6/1

Lots of people fancy Bayern but Barca have been playing well and the loss of Messi isnt the game over many thought it would be. They might not be vintage but they have some very good players who are motivated by an experienced and solid Coach.

WBA are a stick on for any midweek bet. Fluffed their lines at the weekend and now playing Derby at home so will stick a few in.

Apparently Real Betis are playing some jokers as well which should be worth a £ew.

Sevilla
United
Bayern
WBA

Also Bet365 are giving a free £5 to use on the CL tonight. Will pick a bet builder for Barca v Bayern

Not put anything on for tonight yet but will probably stick £10 on the early games

Feyenoord evens
Maccabi TA-1 19/20

Lots of people fancy Bayern but Barca have been playing well and the loss of Messi isnt the game over many thought it would be. They might not be vintage but they have some very good players who are motivated by an experienced and solid Coach.

WBA are a stick on for any midweek bet. Fluffed their lines at the weekend and now playing Derby at home so will stick a few in.

Apparently Real Betis are playing some jokers as well which should be worth a £ew.

Barca seem to have a lot of injuries with Aguero, Fati, Dembele and Braithwaite all out

Betting on the Championship is akin to betting on Spurs and Arsenal. More than likely a couple buster.

I’ll stick to the CL/EL games.

Probably go an ACCA on btts with the Barcelona v Bayern game being one of them.

Watched second half of Betis last night, won late on. To be honest I wouldn’t be surprised to see 0-0 in that, thought Betis were a bit tame and looked tired.

Watched second half of Betis last night, won late on. To be honest I wouldn’t be surprised to see 0-0 in that, thought Betis were a bit tame and looked tired.
Maybe but theyre at home and will fancy their chances. Celt!c themselves are sluggish, particularly later on in games and its going to be rather warm on Thursday evening which wont help them but will Betis.

Neither side are in great shape but Celt!c are more likely to do something stupid and lose.

Chelsea-2 6/4
Bayern 21/20
Blackburn 4/5
Reading 13/10

£10 odds boosted to 22.8/1

free fiver over 2.5 goals

Lille v Wolfsburg
Kiev v Benfica
Villarreal v Atalanta
Blackpool v Huddersfield
Sheff Utd v Preston
WBA v Derby

Maybe but theyre at home and will fancy their chances. Celt!c themselves are sluggish, particularly later on in games and its going to be rather warm on Thursday evening which wont help them but will Betis.

Neither side are in great shape but Celt!c are more likely to do something stupid and lose.
That Fakir is key player ain't he, was surprised to see Joaquin come on. To be honest I rarely watch La Liga now. I thought Monday night matches had been stopped there as well. Quite tempted to back Leverkusen for the Group at 6/4.

That Fakir is key player ain't he, was surprised to see Joaquin come on. To be honest I rarely watch La Liga now. I thought Monday night matches had been stopped there as well. Quite tempted to back Leverkusen for the Group at 6/4.
Depends if they can be bothered with it

Depends if they can be bothered with it
Number of people who say this about this comp! Think how they all approach match 1 will say a lot with how winning group saves you 2 matches in Feb.

Last edited:
First goal was an absolute cracker and made me a good few quid into the bargain. I don't bet anymore, exchange sports trading mainly footie and tennis instead, so tonight I'll pick 4 or 5 games I can see goals or clear winners in and lay the draw then cash it out in play for a profit once the goals go in and the odds shoot out.

First goal was an absolute cracker and made me a good few quid into the bargain. I don't bet anymore, exchange sports trading mainly footie and tennis instead, so tonight I'll pick 4 or 5 games I can see goals or clear winners in and lay the draw then cash it out in play for a profit once the goals go in and the odds shoot out.
It's all betting that mate.

It's all betting that mate.
Not quite the same thing although there is obvious risk involved just as there is with outright gambling. Statistically within football just over a quarter of the matches end up in draws, of that 27% only 8% end up 0-0 with no goal scored during the match. I'll get some wrong here and there, it's expected, and depending on the time the first goal goes in the odds may still be lower than they were layed at unless a clear favourite scores first, so a slight wait to turn a profit in that case, but if you aren't greedy and hold on hoping the lay actually wins outright then unless you are extremely unlucky and pick all the 0-0's over a season it'll make money short, medium and long term.

Not quite the same thing although there is obvious risk involved just as there is with outright gambling. Statistically within football just over a quarter of the matches end up in draws, of that 27% only 8% end up 0-0 with no goal scored during the match. I'll get some wrong here and there, it's expected, and depending on the time the first goal goes in the odds may still be lower than they were layed at unless a clear favourite scores first, so a slight wait to turn a profit in that case, but if you aren't greedy and hold on hoping the lay actually wins outright then unless you are extremely unlucky and pick all the 0-0's over a season it'll make money short, medium and long term.
Lol, reminds me of a lad I knew who once said he was laying unders in a match, he genuinely couldn’t understand he was just betting overs. Good luck anyway pal, I used to call it trading when betfair started as well.

What’s the fancies tonight? Backing over 0.5 first half goals ain’t you in a way. I know it’s different what you are doing but you are obviously wanting early goals for the favs, I expect in matches where the favs are odds on?

Last edited:
Benfica
Juve (brave)
West Brom -1
BTTS - Lille/Wolfsburg
Over 2.5 goals - B’Mouth/QPR.

30/1.

Just out of interest, are Championship games exempt from the ruling of competing with CL games on same night, on TV etc?

What’s the fancies tonight? Backing over 0.5 first half goals ain’t you in a way. I know it’s different what you are doing but you are obviously wanting early goals for the favs, I expect in matches where the favs are odds against?
Kind of, as that's the ideal scenario but Elche, the unfancied of the 2 last night, for example, scored quite late on and was my biggest profit of the night. Yeah, that's definitely one thing I'll look at initially is low odds draws where matches are expected to be tighter, say 3.5 max or under and both teams are between 2 and 4, as it also limits liability losses if it fails. Ideal scenario for me is if the favs score the first goal but later in the game as the odds on the draw then fly out significantly and I get a much higher %age instant return. I don't wait on a second goal being scored unless cashing out immediately would result in a small loss, which only really happens when the unfancied team score first early doors up until just after half time which is an obvious risk period.

Heavy odds on favourites with odds of say 6 for the draw would be a very painful 0-0 to bear but 1st goal by them and it's also a healthy profit so it's trying to get it right more often than wrong, lol. Only done 24 matches so far, as I've recently switched from matched betting which netted me low 4 figures a month on average over my time doing it, no 0-0's (which will happen eventually, noone is immune), 23 in varying amounts of profit, 1 cashed out for a small loss less than my stake. Working well so far.

Not really looked at tonight yet but ideally I'm looking at the above rather than the teams playing, unless it's a known low scoring draw type team or shaky short odds favourites like Arsenal/Spurs mentioned above.

For the betters, and not to derail the thread further, Chelsea, West Brom and Bayern to win was 5/2 now 9/2. £10 max bet.

Got a 25 quid free bet with skybet so stretched it over a couple of days.

Man united
Juventus
West brom
Dortmund
Liverpool
Vitesse

246.25 back

Ronaldo 5/1 to score 2 or more goals vs young boys on skybet and he’s starting up front

A few unpredictable games. I think Malmö could get a draw but hard to say.

Have gone goals.

BTTS in every match except the Lille match.

57/1. Worth a dunt.

Needed a Blackpool goal for 195 which they didn't get and on Saturday they put me out the LMS. On the lady's front bottom list

Back