Chris Hughton

Lainey Love

How long before Forrest sack this guy?

I remember when he got the job many on here were tipping Forrest for great things!

Reactions: o7o
The fans have wanted him out for months. His style of football is dreadful. They have a really decent squad of players but he can’t get a tune out of them.

He actually has a decent track record, yet gets sacked out of the blue. He was doing fine at Newcastle…bumped, doing decent at Brighton…bumped, doing sheite at Forest…still in the job!

I liked their European Cup team, plenty of Scots in it, but I really loved the team they put together in 1983.

I liked their European Cup team, plenty of Scots in it, but I really loved the team they put together in 1983.
They had a great management team then.

I liked CH at Birmingham, didn't want him to leave but understood.
I'd have had him back when Krankar got the job.
Happy with Lee Bowyer now though

They had a great management team then.

I liked CH at Birmingham, didn't want him to leave but understood.
I'd have had him back when Krankar got the job.
Happy with Lee Bowyer now though
Results matter, I liked their results in Europe in '83!

He had a good record in the Championship. However it doesn't appear to working for him at Forest but who has it worked for at Forest in the last 10 years? There are probably bigger problems at that club than Houghton.

When you look at the EFL there are so many decent sized, or at least previously successful, clubs. All of whom will think that they should be in the Premiership.

West Brom, Coventry, Birmingham, QPR, Stoke, Fulham, Blackburn, Preston, Middlesborough, Derby, Sheffield Utd, Sheffield Wednesday, Forest, Ipswich, Sunderland, Bolton, Portsmouth, Charlton, etc.

Unfortunately not room for them all.

Tipped to be the next ROI manager if they sack that useless dick Kenny although better still to maybe keep Kenny in situ, he's doing a very good job

I’ve always thought there was something dodgy in the way he always got kept on when Spurs sacked about 8 managers

Hughton’s a capable manager, especially at championship level, and a decent bloke too. I quite like Forest from time at university in Nottingham but they’ve been a shambles for a while.

Last edited:
He had a good record in the Championship. However it doesn't appear to working for him at Forest but who has it worked for at Forest in the last 10 years? There are probably bigger problems at that club than Houghton.
Stuart Pearce got the bullet.Im.not saying he's a great manager but if anyone should have been able to get a tune out of a squad at Forest,then he should.
Basket case of a club . Financially stable I believe but run on strange lines.
If Big Sam went there they'd have more chance of going up but the owners seem to not being able to meddle in things so a couple of dodgy results and even he'd get the bullet

When Brighton dumped Hughton and his mind numbing "0-0 is a good score" approach, his friends in the media had it down as a terrible decision that Brighton would regret, and made Brighton favourites for relegation.

Two and a bit seasons later Brighton are still safe in the EPL, doing well and playing good football while Hughton heads for League One.

To be fair to him. He has done a good job everywhere he has been previously. Not working out at Forrest for whatever reason.

Do Forest not have a strange transfer system where the players are decided by a committee.I’m sure I read it’s why they go through so many managers.

How long before Forrest sack this guy?

I remember when he got the job many on here were tipping Forrest for great things!
Always had a soft spot for them..but the way they've been ran has been a joke ..would love to see them back in the top division

Sure JT had a loan there at the beginning of his career.
No doubt first thing he' ll do when he gets the gig is Photoshop himself on to the 78 /79 EC winners pictures
E_LI2pVXIAUE_9k

from the European Cup winners
to having a squad with the likes of Nigel Cloug, Neil Webb & Roy Keane
to the current shambles

spectacular fall from grace

Hughton is a good manager, and this thread is yet further proof that many fans have no idea how hard the job of being a manager is; to suggest that Hughton's record as a manger is simply down to him being poor at his job is a fallacy. So many good people are involved in football, where success may be infrequent, but that doesn't mean the job they do personally is poor.

Hughton is a good manager, and this thread is yet further proof that many fans have no idea how hard the job of being a manager is; to suggest that Hughton's record as a manger is simply down to him being poor at his job is a fallacy. So many good people are involved in football, where success may be infrequent, but that doesn't mean the job they do personally is poor.
So someone with a good record doesnt indicate that they are a good manager?
End of the day football is a results business and the manager is the one who is in the firing line. Has always been such and wiill always be such. Its his job to motivate players and set up team and tactics. Forests league position indicates that he isnt good at any of that.

So someone with a good record doesnt indicate that they are a good manager?
End of the day football is a results business and the manager is the one who is in the firing line. Has always been such and wiill always be such. Its his job to motivate players and set up team and tactics. Forests league position indicates that he isnt good at any of that.
Another fallacy, and one year is not enough to establish anything on the job he did. He was Brighton manager for five years, but he managed that because he is poor at his job? Football itself is a results driven business when it comes to scores and tables, but you believe that extends to how to gauge the adequacy of someone in a job as well? That is irrational.

Back