MOTM Poll Rangers v Hearts - 15:00 Saturday - RangersTV

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Fan media question suggestion:

“Steven, your substitutions baffled many, and had zero impact on the game, in fact, probably they had a negative impact - not for the first time. Can you explain the reasoning for taking 2 of the 3 best performing players off the park, and in turn surrender possession to Hearts”

Last year Alfie puts the chances away , we played well first half , his misses cost us
We’ve played well in spells this season with no reward. 9 games in and only won by a margin of over 1 goal against livi and Ross county. Been waiting for the form to turn but no sign yet, which is a big worry.

Has to be said that was appalling finishing from Alfie.

As others note, we fell right away as soon as Aribo went off -- we lost all ability to "stick" the ball up front.
Although Morelos was doing well in holding the ball up, we've all seen this routine before -- that was heading towards a draw (and if they'd scored earlier, who knows, maybe worse).

Sakala as a sub would have really worried them up front.

Yet again we're seeing our players not attacking the ball when it's in the air to be won.
A lot of standing close to opposition players who are in possession and not actually tackling them, even when there are two Rangers players to one Hearts man.

And we really do have a problem with losing opponents at out back post.
Even though McGregor fluffed that, there should have been someone watching their tall CB standing, waiting for the delivery.

Getting back to it .... we need a goalscoring forward bought.
And it's still obvious that Goldson isn't right.

Easy to say with hindsight, but Bacuna for Wright really didn’t work.

I felt the exact same, our shape went to pieces and there were gaps down our left hand side which Wright hed been covering.

But if truth be told, if Alfie had his shooting boots on we'd have won that comfortably. He was dreadful and genuinely in almost the first time since arriving there may be talk that he needs dropped. Two league goals in 8 games is a dreadful return, especially when you consider he has missed a fair number of reasonably easy chances.

Way, way beyond annoying. Played well but it's difficult to win football matches when your keeper flaps one in the net and your striker misses open goals. Roofe through the middle next week.
Roofe is an intelligent player and I would have him lead the line for an extended period. Sometimes Morelos snatches at chances like a kid on a playground - he needs to be more composed in front on goal imo.

I'm not a massive McGregor fan, he's been terrible with crosses forever. Morelos is great player: cant believe there weren't more bids for him.

But, McGregor was very good today, Alfredo had a shocker.

I felt the exact same, our shape went to pieces and there were gaps down our left hand side which Wright hed been covering.

But if truth be told, if Alfie had his shooting boots on we'd have won that comfortably. He was dreadful and genuinely in almost the first time since arriving there may be talk that he needs dropped. Two league goals in 8 games is a dreadful return, especially when you consider he has missed a fair number of reasonably easy chances.
At this point in time Scott Wright is only good for an hour and Bacuna looks the same as Zungu

Problem seems to be atm if we have a good 1st half its almost guaranteed we'll be poor in the 2nd

I didn't see one Rangers player try to take a grip of the game in the last 20mins as Heart built up a head of steam

Nothing changed, game should have been out of site, but last 20 minutes hanging on for dear life. Getting really frustrating watching the same old story every week these days.

It's not just missed chances by morelos the amount of times he losses the ball was equally as bad, but this is down to SG fcking amature stuff
Aye but his link up play is brilliant apparently, I'd much rather his goal scoring was brilliant but that's just what I want from my striker.

Gerrard is going super conservative with his tactics this year. What team totally on top, dominating the game suddenly changes their setup to sit in like that and try to soak up pressure? It’s a really strange way to approach things.

What a kick in the balls. 2 points completely chucked away again.

Countless chances wasted and an absolute howler from McGregor.

We need to find out ruthlessness again up front and McGregors big swipe wouldn't have mattered.

Scintillating at times but that’s futile if you don’t see out the win. We all seen that coming, our usual big match winners Morelos and McGregor both culpable for that today. Subs were bizarre, game management non existent, ruthlessness up top missing, iron curtain defensively was missing... yet we can all see we’re not far of it. Every week we hope the corner is turned and every week we think we’re not too far away. Must do better but I’m in the not panic camp. It will come and when it does, watch out

So, it's Gerrard's job to sit back and watch a player repeatedly miss good chances because he can't do anything about it? What would be the point of the manager during the game then?
To have faith in our European record goal scorer who has is just shy of a century,who was continually putting himself in positions to score. Roofe also came on and didn't score either

“Steven, your substitutions baffled many, and had zero impact on the game, in fact, probably they had a negative impact - not for the first time. Can you explain the reasoning for taking 2 of the 3 best performing players off the park, and in turn surrender possession to Hearts”
Taking off Aribo was unbelievable. Hagi maybe ok as he looked knackered.

And Scott Wright should not start another game for us. He is ok as an impact player when the other defenders are tired.

Attitudes need to change and hopefully that's a wake up call. We aren't getting the points we need in the next round of games playing like that!

The substitutions made no sense whatsoever.

Back