We'll win the League Title

I think we will too. But it’s not a sure fire thing. We have to do better.

We’re sleep walking at the minute. You can’t bank on Celtic losing away games all season.

The tough December will be critical. I don’t think we’ll still be top after 18 games if we play like we have after the first 9.

But we have 4 points on them so far and it’s all to play for

While not great today’s result was not the end of the world although the way it happened makes it hurt. The first half performance gives me encouragement. We have a few issues right now and many of them stem from lack of goals. Roofe up top for me for a few games and hopefully Kent back and on form will make a world of difference

Not by playing like this we won't

In a third of our games we have lost to Dundee United and dropped points at home to motherwell and hearts.

15 goals in 9 games. 3 goals in the last 9 first halves

Week after week we wait for it to "click". Its almost November and we are still waiting

I think we will just sneak it but only due to them not being able to play expansive football on winter pitches. In Kyogo and jota they have two players who would make a massive difference to our team

Your joking this team is not killing off games I wish I had your optimism, infact we’re not playing or played to the standard of last season yet let that sink in..

We need a run of winning games in the first half to get the fear factor back in the opposition. Right now, they don't.

We need to get a serious grip of things. Then go on the type of run we did last season. And do it one game at a time, same as many folk kept saying last year. Starting with the next League Match.

I think we can only say that with confidence after the second round of fixtures where we will travel to Fir Park, Easter Road, Tynecastle, the Piggery and Pittodrie.

Have to say, the way we are playing and how weak mentally we appear, I can’t say I’m particularly confident we would win any of those at this moment.

To win titles, you've got to be head and shoulders above the chasing pack. Currently, we're not.

We need to stop scraping results by the skin of our teeth, and start demonstrating some superior ability.

If we continue playing like we have been, the title is in danger of going elsewhere - and not necessarily back across the city.

Starting to think it’s not our form but our tactics and the last thing we need is for Alfie to lose his mojo.
Said it for months, 4-3–3 has been well and truly worked out. We got away with it from January till may last season but we have continued with a formation that opposition teams spend a full week working out how to nullify. We have become boring and predictable

We need to start recognising that isn’t a given.

We’ve shipped 7 points from 9 games, and haven’t even visited the tougher away grounds yet.

Goals are in short supply, as are clean sheets. This blind optimism that everything will work out is wearing a little thin.

It’s almost November and we’ve not delivered a good full 90 minute performance. Patches here and there, but nothing consistent.

It’s like a cloud has hung over the club since Malmö, and we just can’t shift it.

This is going to be tight, and given the starting positions of us and them in the summer, that’s a really poor state of affairs.

OP is on something stronger than alcohol if he thinks we are winning the league playing like we have the last month

Another one with the blinkers on

If Kent returns soon and in last season’s form, things will pick up immeasurably.

If, and I appreciate this is a big if, Jack returns on top form, this will be a massive boost.

Outwith these two returning, I’m not overly optimistic right now.

We better because if we don’t it sets us back BIG time

This is a fucking massive season with ridiculous financial implications

There’s been a lot of arrogance in our support this season. No different to them when they were on top. Mocking anyone who expressed concern early in the season, and taking forever to open their eyes to the team who have turned up this season.

As things stand, it’s very much in the balance.

Happy clappy bullshit. We are not good enough and too many people are burying their heads in the sand and saying it’s ok!
Agreed mate. The heads will come out the sand if, and that's if, the team throw a couple of losses into the mix. Hopefully that doesn't happen.

Last edited:
I don’t see any evidence to support that level of confidence. They have had their problems this season but they appear to be improving. Scoring goals is certainly not a problem for them. We are still stuttering.

If Kent returns soon and in last season’s form, things will pick up immeasurably.

If, and I appreciate this is a big if, Jack returns on top form, this will be a massive boost.

Outwith these two returning, I’m not overly optimistic right now.
It was reported on H&H that Jack has now had another small setback and is 2 weeks away again. The question has to be asked will he ever be back

The mentally challengeds have started to show some form, if we don't start showing some form they could catch us soon.

Said it for months, 4-3–3 has been well and truly worked out. We got away with it from January till may last season but we have continued with a formation that opposition teams spend a full week working out how to nullify. We have become boring and predictable
We aren't playing 4-3-3 today it was 4-2-3-1 today. Recent games as well has been a mix of the diamond or 4-3-1-2. The formation isn't the issue not taking chances or making mistakes that are costing us as well as not having a settled starting 11 are our main issues.

The rest of this month and December will tell us if we will win the league or not. I think we will do it but it's not going to be a walk in the park like last season and thats what people need to remember. Last season was a one off never to happen again material but for me we need to do a bit of business both ways in January to secure it.

Some amount of panic merchants in our support. Literally every dropped point is a disaster and everybody is getting slaughtered left right and centre.

Performance was fine today, result disappointing. We’ll win the league.

I'm not convinced we will tbh. Our lack of goals is a real concern and we are giving every team we play the hope of getting a result v us.

We're better than them, and have a superior pool of players. A league is a marathon not a sprint, guys...
Will we?

It's far from certain IMO - am not even that sure we're going to actually win the match when we take the field these days.

We've been garbage all season, playing well only in short periods, can hardly score a goal, and confident, clean sheets seem like a distant memory.

Superior pool of players or not, I can't think of a single player that has thus far played to the same standard that they did last season - not one - and generally that collectively adds up to dropped points, and European defeats, which is precisely what we are seeing.

Back