“I’m happy with the team’s mentality” Clement.

To me that’s where it’s all wrong. This team today looked half hearted,lacked urgency and desire.
The mentality is all wrong because they have no belief.
They had a good run and are capable,however that doesn’t look to come back anytime soon.

What’s he going to say?

‘Aye mate, the dressing room is full of crocks, shite and shitebags - I can’t believe we’re still in this race with these bums!’

Ffs :))

Stop believing what managers say post game. It's all soundbites.

He's not going to come out and say that was a disgrace when we've still got a cup final to win is he?
Did you expect him to criticise the teams mentality after a hard fought 2-1 win away from home?
4 league games left and you want him to bollok them in public?

He will be telling them differently in private.
He didn’t need to mention mentality

We played a tough game that we might have dropped points in before when they equalise. Mentality is what got us 3 points and it can be questioned and should be with some of the results, but performance and mentality are different things. When you’re playing bad mentality is what’s needed to get the 3 points and that is what we saw today as poor as the performance was at times!

Correct, he should have publicly berated everyone of them for playing so poorly, despite the three points!

We all know where we are, fans, players and management all know we barely hanging on but post match interviews won't change a thing.

To me that’s where it’s all wrong. This team today looked half hearted,lacked urgency and desire.
They had a good run and are capable,however that doesn’t look to come back anytime soon.
As I say mate, you’re defo consistent

These interviews are all contrived and media trained, nothing to read into them ever

Tav’s are identical every week. They are trained animals by the media team, hence “disappointed” is the first word out of anyone’s mouth after any game not won. Press interviews are a waste of time and are coached to the point of boredom these days

Needs to have a look at his tactics. We're long ball merchants against St Mirren. It should be better with the resources we have.

I thought we'd all arrived to the conclusion that what he says in post match interviews is different from what he dishes out in private.

It's probably true that he is only saying what is needed rather than being negative.

But, he has to get this team up for the start of every game. The first 15 minutes in each half we were miles off, and it's a common theme through all our games recently

He didn’t need to mention mentality

Why not, we had a tough game and came through it. Look at the last minute, they have a corner and they work to get it clear.

You have to remember there are two teams in a game, we wont get it all our own way.

He's got to be lying to see us through to the end of the season cos there is no other option. Loads of them stunk it out again

Noticed there's a few folk questioning Clement now.

We deserve feck all if we keep chasing managers.
Yeah, I’d agree with that.

The honeymoon period is definitely over, but that was always going to be the case. Nature of the beast.

We stick with this guy through a few windows at the very least.

He’s shown enough, the two main things are personnel and in-game mentality.

Personnel, he has to be backed. Get his own team in and mould accordingly. Mentality wise, his teams need to be sharper on the ball. Too slow, ponderous and far too many touches. That IS something that can be rectified on a training field, and it has been such a regular feature of our play to suggest it’s a style he’s comfortable with.

It doesn’t work for Rangers in the SPL.

We have a cup final and a title run in with many players knowing they are away at the end of the season, so it’s a precarious position for the manager to start going heavy in interviews. Was it Alex Ferguson that said you can only go hard on the players once or twice a season because it loses the effect?

We won today to pick up a very tough 3 points.

I’m not blaming PC. Still f uckin furious with Beale though.

giphy.gif

The performance was crap, it done nothing to give us hope of the title, but coming out and slating the group of players at this stage won't have the desired affect.

I doubt very much he's in the changing room congratulating everyone for being amazing and having a great mentality. We aren't plating anywhere near the way he says he wants us playing, he'll make sure the team know that.

You don’t agree with Phil mate that’s cool that’s permitted .

Imo there was a massive spirit there today

Just the same as he said Goldson was being rested and it will take a massive amount of money for him to be sold.

He’s playing a game as he needs to try and get through the season.

Back