“I’m happy with the team’s mentality” Clement.

It's a victory albeit pretty pish
but we go to next match.
We all seen it wasn't the best performance , the occasion where we got the ball and played football led to Dessers goal. We have been playing high / long balls missing our own midfielders lately with little or no reward. That falls on the manager for me who will need to sort that out asap. They look nervy at the back.
Watching that today wasn't for the faint hearted
We must be better in the run in.

Should we be looking at getting a sports Psychologist in to work with the players?
We employ a fitness coach to get the team physically fit so why not someone to get them mentally fit?

4 league games left and you want him to bollok them in public?

He will be telling them differently in private.
Not even sure he'll bollock them privately tbh. Think he knows the limitations of what this group are capable of by now so is trying to keep the energy as positive as possible in the hope we somehow achieve something at the end of the season.

Just because he says something publicly doesn't mean he thinks it privately. This is for public consumption.

I remain of the opinion something has been said and there has been push back probably after the mentally challengeds game.
Yes I agree 100%. That's when they started playing like motherwell every game. Hopefully he's went right through the players who had stepped up for him, now they do what they always do, go out and play with a petted lip. Poor me attitude. Only thing that's keeping them going is PC has probably told them that they can become hero's and won't have the chance to win a league title for a team this big again. Goldson tells us everything, he's got their number and is only playing these players through necessity. Rip up and start again next season.

I'm sure PC is embarrassed with the players he's got at hand and the way he needs to use them, because they can't make 10yard passes. I'm hoping he can bring in young hungry players with pace, and more importantly, technically gifted, who can create chances at will.

To me that’s where it’s all wrong. This team today looked half hearted,lacked urgency and desire.
The mentality is all wrong because they have no belief.
They had a good run and are capable,however that doesn’t look to come back anytime soon.

We were up against it today on the back of 3 league games without a run and looking like it was about to be 4.

We dug it out. That's a good mentality.

Some people really overthink the whole mentality/bottling thing. Football mainly comes down to ability and hard work.

Yes I agree 100%. That's when they started playing like motherwell every game. Hopefully he's went right through the players who had stepped up for him, now they do what they always do, go out and play with a petted lip. Poor me attitude. Only thing that's keeping them going is PC has probably told them that they can become hero's and won't have the chance to win a league title for a team this big again. Goldson tells us everything, he's got their number and is only playing these players through necessity. Rip up and start again next season.

I'm sure PC is embarrassed with the players he's got at hand and the way he needs to use them, because they can't make 10yard passes. I'm hoping he can bring in young hungry players with pace, and more importantly, technically gifted, who can create chances at will.

I'm still not even sure things are right further up the club boardroom level either. I'm not naive enough or even want a billionaire acquisition but something just doesn't fit well with me.

The transfer policy needs overhauled and other issues such as the Morelos and Kent situation last year should never have been allowed to happen. Not only did we suddenly have a huge hole in the squad but 2 £10m+ assets were allowed to depreciate to zero.

To me that’s where it’s all wrong. This team today looked half hearted,lacked urgency and desire.
They had a good run and are capable,however that doesn’t look to come back anytime soon.
"they have no belief" but you think the manager should come out and call them shite.
He's trying g to big them up and instil confidence.

Only a simpleton, or an attention seeker would see it differently.

I can understand why our manager is putting himself in the firing line to protect the players as it is the close end of the season...it's not the first time he's done this, he basically took the blame for Ross County and Dundee aswell.
You would think our players would appreciate that and try to do well for our manager. But no, there's a element in that squad who's attitude is absolutely stinking the dressing room out, and the sooner they're gone the better.

His demeanour said otherwise in terms of the sky interview, looked unhinged and relieved at the same time and was clearly in a hurry to get back to the dressing room.

He knows we will never beat the filth if we play in such a devoid, lacklustre manner.

We won, it was a poor game. He needs to be positive
Could you imagine if he came on ranting like the unhinged on here. The media would have a weeks worth of negativity.

He's doing his job, berating players these days especially, is not going to do him, the players or the fans any good. That carry on with sala yesterday, is going to run and run.

We have enough to deal with, before handing out the bullets.

Outside of the result there was few positives today and PC will know that. Looks like he’s trying to flog a dead horse, so many of these players need cleared out.

I trust that he knows where the problems lie. Like us, he'll be hoping for a miracle in the last 5 games and saying all he can to try and make it happen.

You honestly think if he does have doubts about the team mentality, he's going to broadcast it publicly at this stage of the season? Seriously? Hate to break it to you, but media interviews & press conferences are contractual obligations and managers just go through the motions. For the most part, they could just give a fitness update and be done with it, because pretty much everything else is nothing more than 'filler'.

I thought Phil sounded ill in the press conference on Friday, and thought Tav sounded the same in his post match interview today.

Wouldn't be surprised if others in the squad were the same.

In which case to come ground out a win at a difficult venue where we rarely ever get an easy game is a good mentality.

Genuinely mate, what do you expect him to say?

Clement won’t or can’t call the players out yet because he still needs them to win remaining games, however poor or nervous they appear to be. He’s got to be encouraging and cajoling in background hoping that something clicks into gear with team and they might still get it over line.

But I think he’s knows the team needs gutted. To be left in a position where we are relying on loanees such as Silva and OOC players like Lundstrum/Balogan in a title run in is just criminal. Silva is not gonna pile into a 50-50 if expects to go back to Wolves. Lundstrum won’t either if he’s looking for his next club.

I’d honestly rather go with Raskin or even King than Lundstram at moment.

Of course he’s not going to rubbish his players in public before the season has ended. Nor does he want to say anything that would reduce the transfer value of those players being sold over the summer.

you never watch last week then.

It's all about results now - nothing else matters.

Keeping the entire squad 'on board' is crucial in order to acieve that.

Big Phil is playing things as well as he can with a (let's face it) mediocre squad.

I am not writing off us pulling this off yet.

You would you rather the manager tossed them under a bus? PC knows what’s required.
He’s doing a great job with a team of shitebags - he’ll sort the issues soon enough.

We won a hard away game when our heads were down after a bad run mate. Mentality was fine Today.

Tbh I don’t actually bother what it looked like I’m a tad disappointed we didn’t make up a goal or two on the ugly crew but that’s gone now let’s focus on the next league game and Joel we don’t get a bent official like that prick today

Back