18’s Dent Killie’s League Hopes

I decided to have a look at the under 18 league table and check the results. Wow, to say that the league results for every team is inconsistent would be an understatement.

Reactions: WBD
Most of the players are under 18.
That is the thing with youth football, the age gap can be two years. A player that was under 18 on a certain date could be 19 for a part of the season. If he is playing against a 17-year-old, then the difference in strength could be massive. I remember coaching a first year under 16 team and they were all young kids. We came up against a club full of Turkish players, and they were massive and most had beards. It looked like kids against a men's team. Technically we were better but lost out on pure strength and aggressiveness that age brings with it. I still question whether they all were under 16.

That is the thing with youth football, the age gap can be two years. A player that was under 18 on a certain date could be 19 for a part of the season. If he is playing against a 17-year-old, then the difference in strength could be massive. I remember coaching a first year under 16 team and they were all young kids. We came up against a club full of Turkish players, and they were massive and most had beards. It looked like kids against a men's team. Technically we were better but lost out on pure strength and aggressiveness that age brings with it. I still question whether they all were under 16.
It based on a calendar year, U18's are 2006's which means they will turn 18 this year, that could be 1st Jan or 31st Dec. No 19 year olds can play.

Rangers rarely give any below U17's game time, although one U15 has started.

Some clubs play quite a few younger players, Aberdeen for example fielded eight U16's against Rangers recently.

image.png

Didn’t say them all.

Back