25 years since Celtic's Shame Game

Watched the game in Sandbank Orange Halls in Maryhill, we then ended up in Vicky's later on that night, it was absolutely jumping as well

What a f*ckin day!!! :D

just look at the vagrants behind the goal when big Jorg slots home the penalty hahahaha

Got this glorious picture framed and signed by the man himself.

Tied with Leipzig for my favourite night supporting Rangers.

The media more than implied that Rangers players mocking their daft huddle was equal to the lunacy from their team and fans the 90 minutes before. They couldn't handle getting beat, and reacted in the way they always do, by upping the violence, both on and off the pitch.

As you would expect Dallas was having a horrible day at the office. Hit by a coin. Taking huge amounts of abuse. Sellic players running around showing zero resonsibility for their actions.

During a break in play Gio said something to Dallas and Dallas smiled. It was clearly a kind hearted wee comment from one human to another who was having a shit day.

After sellic raised an "investigation" on that days events they actually served up this brief encounter as "proof" Dallas was biased towards Rangers.

Im not kidding.

They are utterly diseased in their heads. They have a twisted joyless attitude towards football. Its merely an outlet for their mental illness.

As you would expect Dallas was having a horrible day at the office. Hit by a coin. Taking huge amounts of abuse. Sellic players running around showing zero resonsibility for their actions.

During a break in play Gio said something to Dallas and Dallas smiled. It was clearly a kind hearted wee comment from one human to another who was having a shit day.

After sellic raised an "investigation" on that days events they actually served up this brief encounter as "proof" Dallas was biased towards Rangers.

Im not kidding.

They are utterly diseased in their heads. They have a twisted joyless attitude towards football. Its merely an outlet for their mental illness.

Spot on, mate.

I've been going to Old Firm games at the piggery since the late 1970's, and the atmosphere there is always toxic, much more so than Old Firm games at Ibrox or Hampden. Their players are always much more overtly aggressive, violent even, at the piggery. Its like they believe they have a free pass to kick lumps out of the opposition. Dallas, to give him his due, refused to bow to their on-field thuggery, which made them even worse when we opened the scoring that day.

There was really something strange about the atmosphere at that game - their fans and team seemed to have lost the plot from the start. Eventually, Dallas was giving decisions to appease them.

Reckon I was one of the few sober supporters there.

If you want to know how entrenched the bitterness is against Rangers check out some of the press coverage the following week.

They've a cheek to complain about Red Cards that day.

Wieghorst got away with plenty as well

Auld Dr Who had them wound up to hell and the Wee General just told our guys to go out and play their own game. Don't react to any of their guff.

Wee McCann did some job on Stefan Maddie to get him to go nuts after being fouled and get himself sent off.

They've a cheek to complain about Red Cards that day.

Wieghorst got away with plenty as well

Auld Dr Who had them wound up to hell and the Wee General just told our guys to go out and play their own game. Don't react to any of their guff.

Wee McCann did some job on Stefan Maddie to get him to go nuts after being fouled and get himself sent off.
Dallas would have well been within his right to send so many of them off it ended in a forfeit.

Everytime their fans and / or players get upto some shameful act, we are always included in the headline with them.

I fcuking hate that Scum club.

Was there not an outcry about the huddle celebration at the end? With a lot of buzzwords being used to describe it.
Paul Cooney on radio snyde was apoplectic when the Rangers players went in the huddle.

Terry Butcher said our players were “rightly so” pelted with coins from the mhutants when going down the tunnel at the end.

Looking back on the game, 3 incidents stand out.
The blood on Dallas, I'm amazed the match wasn't abandoned.
Our penalty was soft.
Wallace sending off was ridiculous, he merely pushed the Tim after he was cut in 2.
It worked out well for us in the end. We were the better team.
Almost forgot the sky diving Tim to add to the entertainment.

Old firm shame game.

In what way we're rangers involved apart from beating them in that midden?

I don't recall any rangwrs fans running onto the park, falling off the top tier or coining dallas. Only in Scotland.

I had an unexpected afternoon off, as the boat on which I was setting up a trial had a cold move to another berth that afternoon and I was asked to leave and not return till Monday afternoon. I had resigned myself to missing the match but to my delight I got to watch the game in my room in the Copthorne Hotel in Plymouth and to celebrate the victory on expenses. In essence a double victory although I did feel a bit rough the next morning.

On Monday morning before heading to the dockyard I went out to buy a Scottish paper. Unfortunately, the only Scottish paper I could find was the Daily Record but as a bonus that was the very last time I ever bought a Record.

Reading the papers the next day truly opened my eyes to how scared they are of that club.

The rewriting of what I had seen the day before before and the blame sharing was mind boggling.

Our players 'huddle' at the end was given equal status to stabbings, coin throwing and assaults. One journo said "Rangers players would struggle to muster a brain cell between them".

The only person who laid the blame squarely at sellic and their fans door was Charlie Nicholas. I have time for him for that alone. Everybody else shat it.
After they did a post match huddle a few weeks before for the first time iirc

Our penalty was soft.
Wallace sending off was ridiculous, he merely pushed the Tim after he was cut in 2.
It was act of appeasement/self preservation from Dallas. (As was the decision to only book Kerr for catching the ball outside the box.

Last edited:
Watched it in a pub split 70/30 in their favour.

By half time, we had the place to o
Thats unreal. The owner of the pub has serious cojones showing a title deciding game between us and them. Given how the match panned out, how did that not end in a massive rammy?

Hugh Dallas second half performance was a disgrace, he shat it.
I was no fan of Dallas but given what happened it's hardly surprising.

He should have abandoned the game when he was struck and the umpteenth fan tried to get at him.

what a great day one that's up there with my favourite days watching Rangers.Watched it in the Blue star club then round to the Grapes. Sunny day, all day drinking ,bank Holiday the following day it was magic

There was really something strange about the atmosphere at that game - their fans and team seemed to have lost the plot from the start. Eventually, Dallas was giving decisions to appease them.

Reckon I was one of the few sober supporters there.

If you want to know how entrenched the bitterness is against Rangers check out some of the press coverage the following week.
Including leaving their keeper on the park when he caught the ball outside the box.

Thats unreal. The owner of the pub has serious cojones showing a title deciding game between us and them. Given how the match panned out, how did that not end in a massive rammy?
Was one of their strongholds on the west coast. Tim’s were all locals. Bears were just there on holiday for the weekend. No hassle between the fans, fairly respectful to be honest with decent enough banter back and forth - just 2 sets of fans supporting their team. That game probably marked the start of things taking a massive nose dive in that respect.

the only thing I think Dallas did wrong in the game was give us the penalty after getting hit by the coin, you could see he was looking for retribution on them

was pretty soft if I remember correctly but did I care? of course I didn't
Was an absolute stone wall penalty

Reactions: VGM
Remember when they were discussing the injury to Dallas on the Radio Clyde phone in and the caller was slating the tims for the coin thrown , Keevens actually asked the guy , how did he know it was a celtc supporter that threw it...:oops:

Probably the best day ever following the Rangers ( until Lipezig) via my a mate of my dads who at the time was lad who owned Renfrew picture frames next the Black Bull where he also worked at Ibrox on match days in hospitality, so accompanied by the following call signs butcher boy and PM426 were told to RV at main entrance to Ibrox at 12:00 where met said dads mate, we were then given a full and I mean full tour or the stadium , we were give a team sheet each for game with dress code instructions for players ( wear rangers track suits and issued Nike trainers) and a snack peak at derek mcinness phone bill which was sitting in his slot in the home dressing room, what an outstanding early afternoon then someone shoe horned us on to the bus from the grapes, atmosphere was incredible in that corner of san giro through out somehow found said grapes bus which was overflowing on return trip returned to a proper hero’s welcome back at the grapes, got asked by some steaming youth if we had any fights to tell him about, … no. At the far corner of the bar stood the goalie and derek F, Andy got everyone to be quiet god knows how then as if about to make major standing on a stool or possibly the bar, then said the toast is the trophy, Scott Wilson appears at some point still in his kit, all streets in surrounding area just one massive party, somehow made it back to Renfrew.

Shame game? Only one club were the cause of that. Plus the flying nonce apoplectic with rage falling off the stand was great. Loved it.

One of the best days of my life, will never forget it.
We put them in their place that day.
Remember even at the time thinking this day will never be bettered, 25 years later i haven’t changed my mind.

One of the greatest days of my life. Can still remember being a wee boy going down the park after it and the token Celtic fan being absolutely gutted.

Mahe taking half an hour to get off the park was brilliant.

Say what you like about Hugh Dallas, the bottle he had to award us that penatly after that goblin ran on the park and he was scudded with a coin was very impressive.
You even see Paul Lambert saying to him "use your head" haha Can you imagine any of the shitebag refs giving us that now. Not a chance.

He did shite out of sending off I think it was Stuart Kerr that was in goals for a blatant handball out side the box but fair play to him.

Neil McCann running behind their goals after scoring the 3rd soaking up their pain from as close as possible will live with me forever.

Amoruso: We knew we had made a big piece of history as it was the first time we had done it. Our supporters were going mad after a bad season so it was a new era. The Celtic fans were still shouting so many things together so I said, ‘Guys, let’s do the huddle. We did this together.’ Someone said, ‘But Lorenzo, this is what Celtic do.’ I said, ‘I don’t care. I don’t give a %^*&. Let’s do it. This is the way to celebrate today.’

Rangers celebrate

(Photo: Matthew Ashton/EMPICS via Getty Images)
It was nothing against them, trust me. It was just a way to say we were a unit. They were suffering a lot as they thought they could beat us but then they woke up from the dream. It was a nightmare for them. We were too strong for them on that day and that season as well.

Interesting they interviewed Riseth. One of the most cowardly challenges on Reyna that I've ever seen in a game. He could easily have broken his leg. Scumbag!

They were kicking anything in a blue jersey that day. Predictable scumbaggery from that mob when losing.

Our penalty was soft.

At half time there were plenty beast fans telling others to stage a pitch invasion to get the game called off. They thought it would then need to be replayed. My good pal is one of them and said it wasn’t just juan guy, loads of folk were trying to get the crowd going at half time

My son turns 25 this Saturday, was at parkhead that day, remember phoning my wife at half time with a massive mobile phone to see if she was ok as she was heavily pregnant, she says im fine if it stays the same, go out and enjoy yerself, long story short, her waters broke the next morning and my only son was born on the 4th.
Went from a massive high to the highest high, an unbelievable couple of days.
Bought all the papers on the 4th, full of 10/12 page pullouts and Dallas is on front page of everyone of them, brought them down from loft for his 18th.

Back