25 years since Celtic's Shame Game

Watched it in Castle Street Orange Hall in Paisley.
A fantastic day, a flute band was playing and people were dancing on the tables and going crazy.
And that was at half time. :D
Good times.

Finished S6 on the Thursday, glorious weather all weekend then round to my mates house for the game.

His house was surprisingly intact, until the highlights on STV when someone jumped up to celebrate the third and smashed a lamp.

Yep, it was all the referee and Rangers’ fault that the Celtic fans pelted the referee with coins - cutting him in the process; jumped out of the top tiers of the stands and then smashed that windows at the referees home that evening.

Celtic fans should take no responsibility for their behaviour because a few 50/50 decisions didn’t go their way… :oops:
It’s laughable with all the crap that’s been spouted by the filth support and likeminded about the reduced allocations in the derby and how it came about? They’ve slobbered on endlessly about Rangers not being able to handle ceptic winning. Really? Well a grown up assessment of the difference between loathing seeing your biggest rivals winning as we have done in recent years and on the other hand having watched a certain group of fans totally losing the plot because quite clearly ONE side of the divide CAN’T handle the rivalry as this rather embarrassing example proves. There are other instances to back that up but this one is the best and most entertaining. May 2nd 1999 is burned into their minds forever!

‘Please stay off the field of play’ over the tannoy prior to half time after 3 of their muppets ran on and Crocker saying ‘Dallas has refereed this game well up to now’ just prior to him getting whacked by a coin was the 2 things to take from that, refereed fairly and their hordes didn’t like it.
Just think if we were refereed fairly nowadays, that mob would be banned.

We can do the huddle
We can do what we like
We can do the huddle
You got no copyright

You get upset about that
You bunch of sad losers
With your rent a mob mentality
And your referee abusers

Hatred anger and blind fury
All etched on your faces
An example to children?
Nothing but disgraces

I know that passions run high
I know that passions run deep
I know that people like you
Should be put to sleep

Oh we can do the huddle
We can do what we like
We can do the huddle
There is no copyright

If we do it again
I expect your heads to explode
As the bears in the streets
Bounce down London Road.

Absolutely pie eyed. Staggered home and convinced myself the door was locked so decided to climb through an open window. Fell and pulled the curtain down. My old man thought the house was being robbed. Came downstairs and started kicking seven shades of shit out of what he thought was a burgler until he recognised my top. Great days

Back