3 match package prices out

Doesn't work like that, the TO put people who joined the CCCS late to the back of the queue when we got Celtic in semi finals and finals the past 5 years meaning they missed out anyway.
Fair enough. Thanks for clarifying. I revert to my other point then - folk knew we’d have group stage matches, they knew approximately what the dates would be and they knew it was circa £111 last time and was highly unlikely to go down.

You take that into account and balance it with your chances of a Hampden ticket and you make your choice surely? For as long as I can remember, every time the three game package is announced we have folk complaining about it - yet they all know in advance it’s going to happen.

As soon as top down for Celtic was removed I immediately regretted buying half of the utter nonsense
You’re not the only one bud :D

I’m comfortably gold and always will be, spent upwards of £100+ on programmes that got binned and the Edminston house/champions wall things that I wouldn’t have bought otherwise

Clever marketing shot to pieces as soon as it was revealed there was no benefit. £300 might not seem much but multiply that by 10% of the mygers members and it’s nearly £1m the club are shafting themselves out of (all because they don’t want to upset people haha)

i’m perplexed at the number of posts I’ve seen from folk wanting to cancel their CCCS because they can’t make any of the games/can only make one game/can’t afford the cost. We were always going to be playing group stage football - minimum Conference League - so the midweek dates are no great surprise, and the price was always going to be at least the same as it was last time (£111). This hasn’t come as a surprise. Or shouldn’t have.

I get that, for a few, work patterns might now be having an impact but surely all of the above would have been considered when committing yourself to CCCS?

Others have suggested payments should be taken in three instalments. Problem there might be, if we have a bad start, folk will cancel CCCS or delete their Direct Debit/Credit Card before we get to the last 2 home games. Could easily say CCCS cannot be cancelled during the group stage matches but that doesn’t stop folk cancelling DDs and Credit Cards (which would get them thrown off CCCS in any case)

Maybe folk should consider the likelihood of group stage participation - and the cost thereof - before ticking the CCCS box at the start of the season. Can you join CCCS mid-season? Some might want to hold off signing up until the group stage money has been taken, for example.

I agree. I know I struggle to travel up to midweek games, it’s too long a drive, would require a hotel stay every time and I can’t take time off work, so I don’t tick the CCCS box. It pains me that I can’t attend big European nights at Ibrox and I’m counted out for semis/finals unless I can obtain tickets via other means, but that’s the reality of the situation for me. If I can make individual non season-ticket games, I buy individual tickets. I do have some sympathy for CCCS folks who’d rather have the group stage money taken out per game rather than in a single payment though.

It's pretty terrible the way that fans are priced out of being able to attend football.
With the way the transfer market and player wages have gone though it just seems unavoidable.

45k x 3 match packages at £90 is £4,050,000.
45k x 3 match packages at £117 is £5,265,000.

I feel like it's a real struggle to reconcile the fact that fans want investment in the squad and also want cheaper tickets. I'm not sure it's really possible to have both?

We've gone from people upset on Tuesday night that we didn't sign any players to people upset on Wednesday morning because the tickets are too expensive.

I'm glad we kept Morelos and Kent and Kamara etc but unfortunately now we are being asked to pay for that. Would people really be happy if we had sold Morelos for say 10 million and then spent 4 million of that on a player and gave a couple of million back to the fans by way of reduced ticket prices?

What I am wondering is would it be easier for all of us if the club was a bit more open and transparent about the finances?

Would we accept say the sales of Goldson, Tav and Barisic for 10 million each and then brining in a couple of 1 million players to replace them but the upside is that we get cheaper tickets?

If Veerman would have cost 10 million would supporters have been willing to pay £200 for a 3 match package on the basis that the money would be used to help fund that specific purchase?

It does seem to me like the quality on the pitch will always reflect how much money is coming in to the club so it follows that if we all pay less for things then the quality on the pitch will reflect that.

We've retained our best players for the season ahead basically because the support put so much money into the club. I think that's a good thing?

Not sure if expensive tickets are a "rip off" when cheaper tickets might mean for sure our best players are being shipped out or, even worse, the club is desperate to sell players to just get them off the wage bill and get anything back in transfer fees.

Frustrating that they can’t just take it in 3 instalments, something like the week before each game, I’m just not in a position to pay £117 up front this month.
this. I understand people saying if we have poor results then the last match would be empty meaning we would lose cash...

But that's the teams problem no the fans

Don’t see why they couldn’t do it in instalments again, I’m going to be £294 , a week after £221 for last season ticket instalments

Last edited:
The Club are taking the piss with those prices.

If it’s solely down to needing the money then let’s see if they reward fans next season with cheaper Champions League prices if we manage to win the league considering they will have banked £30m+
Have you read any of our financial reports, we run at a massive loss every year with the Directors having to loan us £millions. No way prices will be cheaper in CL lol.

I get why some folks can't pay - I had to cancel my ST when I got made redundant - but anyone who can pay shouldn't be complaining about these prices.

You’re not the only one bud :D

I’m comfortably gold and always will be, spent upwards of £100+ on programmes that got binned and the Edminston house/champions wall things that I wouldn’t have bought otherwise

Clever marketing shot to pieces as soon as it was revealed there was no benefit. £300 might not seem much but multiply that by 10% of the mygers members and it’s nearly £1m the club are shafting themselves out of (all because they don’t want to upset people haha)
and next season when Bronze realise mygers is a complete waste of time they’ll bin it.
Very quickly My gers will be avoided by many. But club haven’t thought any of this through.

The debts have to be paid back, shareholders can’t keep bank rolling the club.

Id hope that revenue from title win and Europe this season will see debts come down.

The club used to base it on who’s been part of CCCS at the start of the season

I knew someone that joined CCCS after one of the first euro qualifiers and missed out on Celtic, presumably because of that
Yeah that would obviously make sense.
Hopefully actually happens in reality :)
( thinks of ticket debacles in the past o_O)

Don’t see why they couldn’t do it in instalments again, I’m going to be £294 , a week after £221 for last season ticket instalments
When did they last take the 3 game package in instalments mate?

Did you not factor in that the package for the group stages would be around the time of you ST instalment? As I’ve said earlier, the timing and cost of this shouldn’t have surprised anybody.

Yeah that would obviously make sense.
Hopefully actually happens in reality :)
( thinks of ticket debacles in the past o_O)
Foresaid, I’m probably giving them too much credit having taken it on face value as to what should happen rather than what happens in practice :D

Have you read any of our financial reports, we run at a massive loss every year with the Directors having to loan us £millions. No way prices will be cheaper in CL lol.

I get why some folks can't pay - I had to cancel my ST when I got made redundant - but anyone who can pay shouldn't be complaining about these prices.
It’s harsh but true. If you don’t want to pay then don’t. Our club is still in a precarious financial position until we sell some players for big money and get on a better footing. The pricing reflects this.

When did they last take the 3 game package in instalments mate?
They haven’t as long as I can remember but we’ve never had extenuating circumstances like Covid before

Due to the uncertainty, it would’ve been a show of loyalty to allow ST holders buy game to game (CCCS £ would come out automatically regardless how the groups going)

The cynic in me thinks that the club didn’t want to take the risk incase it’s reduced crowds as revenue would be affected. No danger they’d willingly give refunds, as I said earlier there’ll be emotional blackmail to not ask for a refund

Foresaid, I’m probably giving them too much credit having taken it on face value as to what should happen rather than what happens in practice :D
Guaranteed some wag on here claims they just signed up and they get a Hampden ticket over someone else who has been on it since the start :))

It’s harsh but true. If you don’t want to pay then don’t. Our club is still in a precarious financial position until we sell some players for big money and get on a better footing. The pricing reflects this.
Ok bud, did you donate in the share issue?
Have you bought any additional mygers shit?
Have you spent hundreds on merchandise?

I’ll pay it begrudgingly but folk are allowed to criticise

Guaranteed some wag on here claims they just signed up and they get a Hampden ticket over someone else who has been on it since the start :))
We’ve not had a good mygers thread in a while (I’ve lost all appetite to have that debate again) but I’d definitely be in that thread just for comments haha

£117 for me. Steep but not unexpected.

Credit card for past few months has taken a pounding, mostly Rangers.

When will the package trackie castore email arrive?
£129 for me. Credit card has also taken a pounding. New Rangers top, Malmo and Celtic tickets and now this for the Europa League.

Wouldn't have it any other way. Come on Rangers. Last month has been brilliant overall. Will just be a big bill to pay off when the wages come in, in a few weeks time.

Briefing looking threw this thread most expected the pricing tbh but it’s the fact they want the 3 games all upfront I don’t see why they can’t split it up even if it’s half upfront. Myself alone Payed up 2 season tickets last season and never got to one match payed another 2 this season with no guarantees we would get back inside Ibrox again and rangers decide to charge us £117 a adult and £60 kid for our 3 europa league games with payments all in one go. Add it merchandise etc they are taking the piss now. Everyday it’s another email buy this buy that, Loyalty works both ways.

What I’m trying to say is that if the tickets are overpriced next year if we make the group stages and have £30m+ coming in then that is just ripping it and not down to trying to reduce our shortfall.

I do get both sides of it though and will stay pay the price myself

What I’m trying to say is that if the tickets are overpriced next year if we make the group stages and have £30m+ coming in then that is just ripping it and not down to trying to reduce our shortfall.
Yeah I know what you are saying, just don't agree with you!

I do get both sides of it though and will stay pay the price myself

Or the other way to look at it is trying to maximize revenue where we can.

as someone else said
45k Tickets @ £117 = £5.26m
45k Tickets @ £75 = £3.37m

so pricing the tickets as they have done and inline with previous seasons (£6 more than 2019/2020 3 match package) is likely to make the club the best part of 2m.

next season if we get to champions league group stages again the same thing - i would expect prices to be on par with OF prices in CL league (hope i am wide of the mark)

45k Tickets @ £150 = £6.75m that added to the huge increase in TV money "should" see us turn a profit instead of losing money IMHO.

i’m perplexed at the number of posts I’ve seen from folk wanting to cancel their CCCS because they can’t make any of the games/can only make one game/can’t afford the cost. We were always going to be playing group stage football - minimum Conference League - so the midweek dates are no great surprise, and the price was always going to be at least the same as it was last time (£111). This hasn’t come as a surprise. Or shouldn’t have.

I get that, for a few, work patterns might now be having an impact but surely all of the above would have been considered when committing yourself to CCCS?

Others have suggested payments should be taken in three instalments. Problem there might be, if we have a bad start, folk will cancel CCCS or delete their Direct Debit/Credit Card before we get to the last 2 home games. Could easily say CCCS cannot be cancelled during the group stage matches but that doesn’t stop folk cancelling DDs and Credit Cards (which would get them thrown off CCCS in any case)

Maybe folk should consider the likelihood of group stage participation - and the cost thereof - before ticking the CCCS box at the start of the season. Can you join CCCS mid-season? Some might want to hold off signing up until the group stage money has been taken, for example.

I think if you were paying the money after all the other things we have been forking out for then you'd understand. The underlying thing is that the club just continue to keep prices rising, there is an increase and then there is just milking a cow. They are the latter with how they have been since MYGERS. Its been going on for years but at the moment, you are surrounded with money from the club for one thing or the other. Its the way its done......an example....an email from Rangers about buying the champions top immediately after we beat that lot. I mean bloody hell its borderline pathetic :D

This isnt just about now its about how it will continue if the club don't liase with the support over the best way for us all to be on the one side. We are a working class club with Priceline that continue to push well above and beyond that with no give back.

You get your wage and not many want to see how much of that is spent on Rangers. Thats because we want to watch out team not because we are loaded with money.

Or the other way to look at it is trying to maximize revenue where we can.

as someone else said
45k Tickets @ £117 = £5.26m
45k Tickets @ £75 = £3.37m

so pricing the tickets as they have done and inline with previous seasons (£6 more than 2019/2020 3 match package) is likely to make the club the best part of 2m.

next season if we get to champions league group stages again the same thing - i would expect prices to be on par with OF prices in CL league (hope i am wide of the mark)

45k Tickets @ £150 = £6.75m that added to the huge increase in TV money "should" see us turn a profit instead of losing money IMHO.
I reckon if we got Barcelona at home we would be paying £60 a ticket easily.

I think if you were paying the money after all the other things we have been forking out for then you'd understand. The underlying thing is that the club just continue to keep prices rising, there is an increase and then there is just milking a cow. They are the latter with how they have been since MYGERS. Its been going on for years but at the moment, you are surrounded with money from the club for one thing or the other. Its the way its done......an example....an email from Rangers about buying the champions top immediately after we beat that lot. I mean bloody hell its borderline pathetic :D

This isnt just about now its about how it will continue if the club don't liase with the support over the best way for us all to be on the one side. We are a working class club with Priceline that continue to push well above and beyond that with no give back.

You get your wage and not many want to see how much of that is spent on Rangers. Thats because we want to watch out team not because we are loaded with money.
I can’t agree with your point about an advertising email to buy merchandise. It’s an advert, nothing more. Nobody needs to buy. In fact, it’s really, really easy to unsubscribe from marketing emails from the Rangers Shop and you won’t be troubled by them again.;)

I don’t think it will sell out and I reckon it’ll go to single match tickets

The Brondby and Prague games will be a struggle to sell out at £40+ a ticket in public sale
I think they will mate what makes you think they wont,theres still plenty trying to get tickets when season ticket holders dont want there seats at these games.

I think they will mate what makes you think they wont,theres still plenty trying to get tickets when season ticket holders dont want there seats at these games.
I mean to be fair the only home game so far was a UCL qualifier and Celtic. Hardly comparable to Brondby at home in the Europa league.

I reckon if we got Barcelona at home we would be paying £60 a ticket easily.

Could well be - we are not alone in "maximising revenue" just look at when we played Braga away the tickets were 60 Euros a pop - a normal ticket for a Braga European game is less than half of that.

I can’t agree with your point about an advertising email to buy merchandise. It’s an advert, nothing more. Nobody needs to buy. In fact, it’s really, really easy to unsubscribe from marketing emails from the Rangers Shop and you won’t be troubled by them again.;)

Its not just about me. Its about kids/families, its about being surrounded by things that people are moving further and further away from being able to afford. Which should not also mean tickets. For a Father and Son to go to a match these days needs to be capped somewhere. It cannot keep rising.

Its not something I'd want to do but have a look at what you spend on Rangers this month ......then only to see it continue to rise, not in line with many or any other clubs who are in the same competition? The game is nothing without the support, that needs to be recognised along the way.

Just checked my order history for previous Europa group stages.

2018 £35 a game
2019 £37
2021 £39

I genuinely can’t get my head around the outrage over the prices.
So we can just expect a £2 rise every single season without a ceiling price?

How much have STs went up since 2018?

Its not just about me. Its about kids/families, its about being surrounded by things that people are moving further and further away from being able to afford. Which should not also mean tickets. For a Father and Son to go to a match these days needs to be capped somewhere. It cannot keep rising.

Its not something I'd want to do but have a look at what you spend on Rangers this month ......then only to see it continue to rise, not in line with many or any other clubs who are in the same competition? The game is nothing without the support, that needs to be recognised along the way.

What's the alternative though?

Transfer fees and player wages are rising all the time.

Eventually it's a choice between the players we can afford to sign or the accessibility of matches for supporters who are struggling to keep up.

We are more expensive than many other clubs in the competition but how does our TV money compare to those other clubs, how about our wage bill?

If Lyon come to Ibrox an batter us 3 or 4 nil everyone on here will go crazy. Some of those on here moaning about prices especially. So we are meant to compete with Lyon, West Ham, Napoli, Braga, Leverkusen, Betis etc how? Not through TV money. So, how?

It's just an impossible situation. We want to see quality on the pitch but we don't want to pay up?

Probably been discussed but why are they in my basket when I’m on CCCS?

Eventually it's a choice between the players we can afford to sign or the accessibility of matches for supporters who are struggling to keep up.

We are more expensive than many other clubs in the competition but how does our TV money compare to those other clubs, how about our wage bill?

If Lyon come to Ibrox an batter us 3 or 4 nil everyone on here will go crazy. Some of those on here moaning about prices especially. So we are meant to compete with Lyon, West Ham, Napoli, Braga, Leverkusen, Betis etc how? Not through TV money. So, how?

It's just an impossible situation. We want to see quality on the pitch but we don't want to pay up?
Why don’t we just go the full hog then? Raise ST prices by upwards of 20% + increase the cost of all merchandise

The reason we don’t do that is because the club knows there’s a ceiling to what people will deem acceptable. See if things are that precarious (having seen the accounts I accept it is) then why did we bring in Lundstrum on a big contract and why didn’t we sell anyone?

Fans paid for STs they didn’t use last season, no match day overheads, plus many refused a discount of £125 from the season before - we’ve done our bit season after season

Thousands of fans signed over £500+ for shares that are absolutely worthless, merely as a donation for the club. Yes I want to see quality on the pitch but there’s a balance

Probably been discussed but why are they in my basket when I’m on CCCS?
Just automatically shows in everyone’s basket then when CCCS is processed it’ll be removed

Pain in the arse if you’ve got friendship members that aren’t on the CCCS as they need to delete your tickets out their basket to buy their own. For Malmö this deleted friendship groups

Just checked my order history for previous Europa group stages.

2018 £35 a game
2019 £37
2021 £39

I genuinely can’t get my head around the outrage over the prices.
Prices were wrong then and they are still wrong now. Club are taking the piss out of us. If they want to charge those prices that is fine but don't charge them as a package and let people buy individually at the very least to those on CCCS. Club need to comprise with fans here, times are tough for us aswell.

I get that mate understand the financial implications we are at TV money wise.

Its not the don't want to pay up. Its more that we do get taken for granted at times. I think that's the annoyance for most.

It comes back to the manner of the taking of money at times through the likes of MYGERS, friendlies, ST money/refund.

Always comes back to where we have come from during demotion times and bringing the support closer to the club. Always better to keep club/support on same page.

Why don’t we just go the full hog then? Raise ST prices by upwards of 20% + increase the cost of all merchandise

The reason we don’t do that is because the club knows there’s a ceiling to what people will deem acceptable. See if things are that precarious (having seen the accounts I accept it is) then why did we bring in Lundstrum on a big contract and why didn’t we sell anyone?

Fans paid for STs they didn’t use last season, no match day overheads, plus many refused a discount of £125 from the season before - we’ve done our bit season after season

Thousands of fans signed over £500+ for shares that are absolutely worthless, merely as a donation for the club. Yes I want to see quality on the pitch but there’s a balance

What is the balance though?

We shouldn't really complain if the club were to sell say Morelos and Kamara and not replace them if they were willing to sell the 3 match package for £90?

I think we all know it wouldn't work like that.
If we had sold Kamara during this window and not signed Veerman this place would be going nuts.

We laughed at that other mob for this last season. Demanding that the board invest loads of money in the team to save the ten. On top of all the other money that they had already spent on players. THEN moaning because they wanted refunds for season tickets. The entitlement is off the charts.

We were very successful on the pitch last season. Unbeaten in the league at pretty much the perfect moment in time. Fantastic European run. Yet, when we rotated the team in the cups we weren't really good enough.

Would people really swap 1st in the league for 2nd place with the consolation of a domestic cup or two plus a 3rd or 4th place finish in the EL groups in exchange for £20 to £30 off the cost of the groups stage 3 match package?

What is the balance though?

We shouldn't really complain if the club were to sell say Morelos and Kamara and not replace them if they were willing to sell the 3 match package for £90?

I think we all know it wouldn't work like that.
If we had sold Kamara during this window and not signed Veerman this place would be going nuts.

We laughed at that other mob for this last season. Demanding that the board invest loads of money in the team to save the ten. On top of all the other money that they had already spent on players. THEN moaning because they wanted refunds for season tickets. The entitlement is off the charts.

We were very successful on the pitch last season. Unbeaten in the league at pretty much the perfect moment in time. Fantastic European run. Yet, when we rotated the team in the cups we weren't really good enough.

Would people really swap 1st in the league for 2nd place with the consolation of a domestic cup or two plus a 3rd or 4th place finish in the EL groups in exchange for £20 to £30 off the cost of the groups stage 3 match package?
To me, £40 for Lyon is fine I have no qualms with that.

Brondby and Prague though? £33 would’ve been sufficient. To reward ST holders they could’ve made all packages £106, £11 less than they’re selling for

It’s £11, I’ll be able to afford it but it’s the principle. £39 for a game against Brondby is daylight robbery

I get that mate understand the financial implications we are at TV money wise.

Its not the don't want to pay up. Its more that we do get taken for granted at times. I think that's the annoyance for most.

It comes back to the manner of the taking of money at times through the likes of MYGERS, friendlies, ST money/refund.

Always comes back to where we have come from during demotion times and bringing the support closer to the club. Always better to keep club/support on same page.

I understand that too mate but as a support I feel like we find ourselves in a weird position.

We are demanding success on the park. Not hoping for it. Not accepting that sometimes it might not go our way. We are demanding it.

Meanwhile we are also feeling like the club is gouging us at every opportunity.

Would more transparency from the club solve this?
Basically if they said something like "we can have Lawrence Shankland up front next season OR we can give Alfredo a pay raise and keep him here but fans need to pay a bit more".
Would we be more accepting? Obviously that can't really happen from a PR point of view as it's more or less admitting we are buying lesser players, not good for squad morale.

I think it's great that we have kept our best guys here. Unfortunately we now see the cost of keeping them reflected in ticket pricing and no doubt another round of new Castore merch.

129 for non season ticket holders is a bit of a robbery

season ticket holders should naturally be cheaper but even then it’s slightly steep the more I think about it

Back