30 years ago today East enclosures last stand

I was there yes, was quite a surreal occasion knowing that we'd never stand there again

I'm sure some clown jumped up in the Copland (although I could be wrong) when that wee rat Collins scored for the vermin too

We were all then moved into the Broomloan Rear for the last game v Dundee in a dreadful 0-0 draw and everybody was handed out cardboard posters with 6 in a row on them

I was there yes, was quite a surreal occasion knowing that we'd never stand there again

I'm sure some clown jumped up in the Copland (although I could be wrong) when that wee rat Collins scored for the vermin too

We were all then moved into the Broomloan Rear for the last game v Dundee in a dreadful 0-0 draw and everybody was handed out cardboard posters with 6 in a row on them

A guy (possibly two) got chased out. Happened behind me in CF3 so didn't really see it as such, just the commotion and folk talking about it afterwards.

I remember there being a bit of chatter at the game about where Tims were located in the stadium. Loads were pointing to a 'block' of them at the front of the BR. Probably a coincidence but, it sticks in my mind that there was a noticeable amount of people sitting together with no colours on.

Weird atmosphere that day, not helped with them scoring early and then sitting in.

Kilmarnock was it? Or my memory playing tricks?

I was collecting money for Cystic Fybrosis Scotland as a kid with my brother and cousin. At the start of the game the charity organiser met us all with buckets at East Enclosure steps took the buckets in and told us he was having to go to the toilet and would see us out afterwards which was code for ‘up the steps and watch the game for free people’.

I remember thinking it weird I only ever stood in the enclosure once - the last game!

A guy (possibly two) got chased out. Happened behind me in CF3 so didn't really see it as such, just the commotion and folk talking about it afterwards.

I remember there being a bit of chatter at the game about where Tims were located in the stadium. Loads were pointing to a 'block' of them at the front of the BR. Probably a coincidence but, it sticks in my mind that there was a noticeable amount of people sitting together with no colours on.

Weird atmosphere that day, not helped with them scoring early and then sitting in.
Yeah I remember seeing a bit of commotion as I stared over and thought some rabid has managed to get in, i mean WTAF man!! why the f*** would you even contemplate that, i could NEVER sit amongst those vagrant b@stards

It was a weird atmosphere I agree and it was more relief when Miko equalised that day too

That Dundee game was my first at Ibrox! Can’t remember much about the game to be honest, thanks for telling me it was dreadful!

That Dundee game was my first at Ibrox! Can’t remember much about the game to be honest, thanks for telling me it was dreadful!
jeez man, it was utter dung, i can barely remember a thing about it either

Well I remember the trophy presentation! :D

Yeah I remember seeing a bit of commotion as I stared over and thought some rabid has managed to get in, i mean WTAF man!! why the f*** would you even contemplate that, i could NEVER sit amongst those vagrant b@stards

It was a weird atmosphere I agree and it was more relief when Miko equalised that day too

Aye %^*& that. A guy on our bus went into their end the day Spackman scored a few years earlier. We got something like 19k tickets at that time with part of their Main Stand and he still couldn't get one in our end.

I do wonder if there have been anyone doing it at the most recent fixtures. Bound to be a few.

Aye %^*& that. A guy on our bus went into their end the day Spackman scored a few years earlier. We got something like 19k tickets at that time with part of their Main Stand and he still couldn't get one in our end.

I do wonder if there have been anyone doing it at the most recent fixtures. Bound to be a few.
One of the lads in school, he was a few years older than me at the time, he was in the f*ckin jungle when we beat them 2-1 on April fools 1989

He said he didn't know what to do when Woods saved Millers penalty whilst the hordes were baying for blood and considering we were 2-0 up at half time as well

F*ck that!!

That was the start of our horrible run at the end of the 93/94 season when we drew with them, clinched the league at Easter road courtesy of us and Motherwell losing.

We then lost at Killie with Mark Hateley being played as a sweeper at the back and trophy day a borefest in a nil nil draw with Dundee culmanating in the shitshow of a performance in losing the cup final to Dundee United.

Still angers me to this today the biggest chance to do a back to back treble because we did not turn up in the last few games of the season.

Those were the days.

Was totally gutted when it was all over :(

Magnificent chaotic scenes like this will live with me forever.

EW9KDU0WAAIG16m

as a wee guy not knowing, you headed through on the subway

followed the crowd, first bit to possibly get in was the east enclosure

Kilmarnock was it? Or my memory playing tricks?

I was collecting money for Cystic Fybrosis Scotland as a kid with my brother and cousin. At the start of the game the charity organiser met us all with buckets at East Enclosure steps took the buckets in and told us he was having to go to the toilet and would see us out afterwards which was code for ‘up the steps and watch the game for free people’.

I remember thinking it weird I only ever stood in the enclosure once - the last game!

Wtf am I talking about. Was last game of West Enclosure I was at. Getting my east and west mixed up.

Anyone know who that was against?

There was one game under Souness and there was a large number of Rangers fans in the Celtic end, easily 500+ fans. They had got in early and stood at one of the floodlight pylons, it was so obvious that it was Rangers fans, they were rounded up and marched down to the Rangers end

Kilmarnock was West Enclosure in January 1994 which work started not long after and partly open for the Celtic game in April 1994

Ahhh knew it was Kilmarnock. My memory wasn’t that bad for 30 years ago and 14 years old at the time. Shame I can’t get my east and west right!!

My one and only memory of that Kilmarnock game was Gordon Durie running the length of the touchline to slide tackle someone and the place erupted in delight. Haha

That was the start of our horrible run at the end of the 93/94 season when we drew with them, clinched the league at Easter road courtesy of us and Motherwell losing.

We then lost at Killie with Mark Hateley being played as a sweeper at the back and trophy day a borefest in a nil nil draw with Dundee culmanating in the shitshow of a performance in losing the cup final to Dundee United.

Still angers me to this today the biggest chance to do a back to back treble because we did not turn up in the last few games of the season.
It still pisses me off as well about the end to that season, an absolute shambles to be honest and I was at the final as well :(

Miko's goal that day v the vermin was the last goal we scored that season

Weren't great all season in fairness. Only won 22 of 44 league games.

Weren't great all season in fairness. Only won 22 of 44 league games.
Thank feck for Hateley that season and then Durie joining at New Year to help him out too

The 2 games against them the 1-0 LC semi and when we beat them 4-2 at the Piggery were superb and Super's overhead kick in the LCF but other than that it wasn't great at all

Wtf am I talking about. Was last game of West Enclosure I was at. Getting my east and west mixed up.

Anyone know who that was against?
Kilmarnock. I was in the West Enclosure that day aged 14 and was pictured with my pals on the front page of the Rangers News.
We had been going every home game to the West as a group before being offered our first season tickets when the two additional rows were added in the Govan Front. Wish I could go back to those days.

Thank feck for Hateley that season and then Durie joining at New Year to help him out too

The 2 games against them the 1-0 LC semi and when we beat them 4-2 at the Piggery were superb and Super's overhead kick in the LCF but other than that it wasn't great at all

Aye definite highlights mate. That New Year is probably my favourite ever game. Certainly one of them anyway. Amazing day :)

Aye definite highlights mate. That New Year is probably my favourite ever game. Certainly one of them anyway. Amazing day :)
on their f*ckin shitty 'scoreboard' it read after 30 mins:

Celtic 0
Guest 3

What a day we had!! :D

John Brown nearly knocking a rabid out, flying mars bars, then big Oleg came on and skelped one in the bottom corner, cue more bedlam in the Bears end

That game against them day was a great chance to scud them, Ally missed a good chance early on then Collins scored that brilliant free kick for them and then it was all huff and puff till Miko scored.

Our record against them at Ibrox when Walter took over up until 1996 was not great but his record at the piggery was second to none.

The best thing about that Dundee game was the weather. Beautiful day. But yeah game was flat as a pancake.

I remember getting home and watching the full repeated 90 minutes of the FA Cup Final between Man Utd vs Chelsea and it was pissing down at Wembley.

Those were the days.

Was totally gutted when it was all over :(

Magnificent chaotic scenes like this will live with me forever.

EW9KDU0WAAIG16m
That is one hell of a photo mate. That was just what I loved about terracing. Had a season tkt for the west enclosure on the last day, although I had many a tear up in the east.

It was all so uncivilised, just the way I liked it.

£4 a ticket it was :D

Outwith games v the vermin its probably my favourite EVER Rangers home game

Absolute bedlam and I was only 15 at the time
I was 22.Train from EK to Central. Tube too Kinning park. Get a bevvy for the walk. £4 too get our spot in EE. The 90s where by far my times. Would head into town few beers then back too EK....Perfect Day WATP

Had my ST in the west enclosure, and got moved to the east temporarily whilst the west was being seated.

Great memories.

I remember the 'last stand' in East enclosure very well, as I was in there with 2 mates from our supporters club, one of which was on crutches!
At the end of the game, we waited until the crowd had drifted away & the 3 of us were standing looking around the East enclosure, sharing memories, before we were asked to 'move on'.
I can still see the East enclosure, as I glanced round for the final time, to see the empty terracing.
Very sad to see the terracing go as the following season, when the seats were in, the atmosphere was sadly gone.

My first season ticket (book)

Sad day when they put the seats in, ended up in row F the following year was too low down for us and ended up moving to the Copland a couple of years later.

Back