35 years ago today = Hillsborough

Was a shit day.

Hard to believe it's 35 years already.

On the day of the last OF, it was 53 years, 3 months and 5 days since the Ibrox Disaster.

It was Tav's 35th OF game also I believe. Keep seeing 35 53 regularly without looking for them.

Seems we may be playing the mhanks again on the 35th game, going by a thread on here earlier.

Played in a BB cup final that day and couldn’t understand or believe people were dying, scary thing was we were at Anfield the week before when Liverpool hammered Sheffield Wednesday 5-1

One of my earliest memories of Grandstand watching people run for their lives from that burning stand.
Mine too mate, we must be similar ages, I'm 45, my 3 earliest football memories are Heysel, Jock Stein passing and Bradford.

It was a tragedy , similar could've happened at the piggery that day , they never opened the jungle and so we were all behind the goals .
Heysel ( Liverpool fans to blame ( and basically English fans in general made the fences to go up That's why when people started coming onto the park the police tried to stop them . All we can do is pray that we never ever see the same again .
Can we please stop the pyro, all it takes is one to catch fire , and let's face it most are getting waved by wee boys pished and on marching powderr

At the start it looked like something that could be contained then became an inferno in a few minutes. Absolutely horrendous.
That's my reaction to it too, you can see in the footage how it goes from a small isolated fire to the entire stand being ablaze in minutes. Thank %^*& there weren't fences.

That's my reaction to it too, you can see in the footage how it goes from a small isolated fire to the entire stand being ablaze in minutes. Thank %^*& there weren't fences.
So many of the deaths were avoidable too. I’m sure it came out afterwards that many of the deaths were caused by the fire exits being chained shut :(

Strangest day ever, standing in the jungle for the first time ever, leaving and hearing the news on the supporters bus, then back to the jungle again (think it was midweek).

Horrible events surrounded by bizarre circumstances

Left Parkhead that day thoroughly pissed off with the performance and result. Only found out on the radio on the bus what happened. Sobering to say the least. Puts everything into perspective. RIP. Always Remembered.

Will never forget walking out of Parkhead that day with the mates, including our adopted Scouser, only for a Policeman to tell us the news.

RIP to the 97, and Roger.
Still remember it vividly, i was in the old jungle at Parkhead that day with my dad, a regular sight back then were loads of old (to me at the time) guys holding wee radios to their ears, one in front of us turned and said to my dad that the Liverpool game was being delayed by crowd trouble which wasn't an uncommon occurrence back then.

By half time the reports of folk having died were coming through, by full time the full horror of what had went on was slowly being realised.

It was in the aftermath of Hillsborough that I found out more and more about our own disaster in 1971, my dad had been there and although not hurt he had bottled it all up in the years that passed.

I was in Belfast playing in a tournament when I heard it. Was in my room in the Europa Hotel when I found out, cannot believe that was 35 years ago!

It was a tragedy , similar could've happened at the piggery that day , they never opened the jungle and so we were all behind the goals .
Heysel ( Liverpool fans to blame ( and basically English fans in general made the fences to go up That's why when people started coming onto the park the police tried to stop them . All we can do is pray that we never ever see the same again .
Can we please stop the pyro, all it takes is one to catch fire , and let's face it most are getting waved by wee boys pished and on marching powderr
This post is a fukin mess. Why mention a previous disaster as some sort of reasoning that led to another, and finger pointing blame into the bargain.

Give your head a wobble.

Tin Man, were you at Heysel or Hillsborough? Intrigued because you seem to have quite a bit of knowledge of events.

Stadiums need to be made safer. Ibrox does empty quickly after a game which is good and although not popular with all an all seater stadium may help with most attending having Season tickets. Fans expect to be safe attending a match.
Hard to see just how bad that was looking at the TV footage.
A dreadful day for football.

I was in the jungle that day m8 along with a good number of other bears

Tin Man, were you at Heysel or Hillsborough? Intrigued because you seem to have quite a bit of knowledge of events.
Watched documentaries on both which. Contained eye witness accounts including police and juventus supporters

Helish.

Too young to remember the Ibrox disaster.

Remember Heysel, Bradford & Hillsborough vividly.

Anybody that ever goes to the football, should be getting home safe & sound.

I was watching the telly when they went over to Bradford. It looked terrifying. RIP to all. :(

Watched documentaries on both which. Contained eye witness accounts including police and juventus supporters
Interesting, what’s your take on Heysel and do you think Liverpool fans in any way contributed to Hillsborough?

Back