3pts Behind with 5 games to go

At what point during last night did you think the players actually give a %^*& any more?

It's not happening. We'll get slaughtered at the Chamber of Secrets and gift wrap them another title with a poor squad who hates their manager.

Again, for the simple of mind amongst us; Nobody on this thread who thinks it is done will have ANY effect on the title run in.

The players who got themselves into a winning position then lost to Ross County, drew with the scum and drew with Dundee, barely raising a whisper, THEY are the ones that have chucked it. Using your eyes and seeing that is not giving up, it is having half a brain cell.

It is not 'brave' to keep believing, it is simply not being able to see what is plainly in your face.
as I said , you don't believe this team is capable of winning the league, I still think we can do it.

It has nothing to do about been stanch , but let's see where we are after the last game of the season.

Also you have heard the manager, the fans can carry the team over the line

Our league form was great, but we had no pressure of playing in front of fans and that lot absolutely imploded, the title was practically over by Xmas then they had the whole Dubai debacle.

If anything, 55 just shows how we cant deal with pressure. It's literally the only difference between that season and the 5 other seasons we have chucked it.
So no pressure to stop 10 in a row?

After Celtic were given the title the year before - they didn't win it on the park. Funny how when people want to slag Tav and Goldson they don't mention this fact.

Can you imagine if we had been given that title , you would never hear the end of it , but because it doesn't fit the agenda on here , we don't say a word about it.

Our only hope is that the Celtic fans are right about their own board wanting us to win the league, and instruct Brenda to throw a couple of games.

Funny how that theory, and the Masonic referees conspiracy, have disappeared now we're shite again.

At what point during last night did you think the players actually give a %^*& any more?

It's not happening. We'll get slaughtered at the Chamber of Secrets and gift wrap them another title with a poor squad who hates their manager.
So they haven't "slaughtered" in the last 9 games (3rd of sept 2022 when they beat us 4-nil), since then there has been 1 goal in it for all victories (for both sides) except last season when we beat them 3 nil.

So what evidence do you have that we will get slaughtered by them? Oh that's right, %^*& all.

Zero chance winning anything else this season,last 2 games must have gave the scum a massive boost,as another season comes to an end same old story massive clearout needed want to see nearly every player that been here over the last 3 years out the door

A Sunday victory is required to stop the season ending early - that much is clear (despite the mathematics of it all).

Walter would have had us well clear currently. It wouldn’t even be close.

He’d have dumped the so called leadership group long before now also
Walter was a great Manager but he lost plenty of games 92/93 we only won 22 out of 44 lost 8 drew 14 next season won 20 out of 36 there are loads of examples.

Ah, the annual “panty wetters”, “surrender monkeys”, “white flag”, “trenches”, etc patter appears. Only a matter of time I suppose.

Funny thing is, every year it’s the “white flag waving, panty wetting, surrender monkeys you wouldn’t want to be in the trenches with” who end up being proven right by this team…

While the same “not trying to be staunch” folk attack anyone who dares to have their eyes open and base their expectations on actual performances and results, rather than delusional blind hope.

I can’t see us winning another game pathetic really it’s a massive slap in the face to the supporters especially those ones who went three times to Dundee at great expense saw three boys at the start of the game who had flown over for the third time from Northern Ireland hired a car from Edinburgh to get to the game.Makes me really angry at the lack of effort shown by this team because it’s a collective responsibility along with the manager and coaches.

IF we win our next two games and beat them at the Piggery, they'll be under serious pressure to not drop points in their two remaining games. You can only hope that we've hit the trough in this dip.

In all likelihood we'll drop points in the games before the OF and get absolutely horsed at the Piggery.
This isn't a dip. This is what this lot are.

I admire your positivity but the signs suggest that we won't win the league, in fact on current form I don't see us winning many of our of our last 5 games. Our players look like they are physically done and don't have the creativity/dig/desire/mentality/bottle to go on a winning run. You never know but it's rarely the case that a team playing like we have done in the last two games turns it around. We have seen this movie before with these players......

I get the point about positivity but it makes me despair a little that we're trying to see the silver lining in only being 3 points behind in April. Times like these, I think about previous Rangers players like Alex Ferguson and Jim Forrest who were out the club because of one mistake and one embarrassing result. Now we have players who have survived literal years of mistakes and repeated embarrassments.

It's a 'Rangers da' thing to say but our standards as a football club and as a fanbase haven't half slipped. To go three seasons without a title should be a crisis. To have a captain that has only won one league title in the 6 seasons he's led the team should be an embarrassment. Players who have been at the club for years who have barely any silverware to show for it, who would have been gone years ago if they played in a different era. Circumstances in football have changed but our culture as a club shouldn't. We're nowhere near as ruthless as we should be and if anything, despite how crazy it can seem, the fanbase is arguably too accepting of mediocrity and failure.

As always the context is key.

Would we have taken it when Clement took over? Yes.

Would we have taken it, knowing everything that has happened inbetween? No.

I always try to find positives and never want to give up. After last night, I feel sorry for anyone who still has any expectations with this squad.

Reactions: VGM
Win every game and outscore Celtic.

Not a fucking chance.
The hope is now that Celtic drop points again - there is a possibility that we can get something from the piggery for the second time. It may be unlikely, but stranger things…

Where is the catalyst for the Rangers performance going to come from? Clement seems to be in a funk at the moment. I can’t claim to know all the finer details of how you have played in the last few games other than the televised matches but there are worrying signs.

In our previous title wins we’ve won the league with 3 or 4 wins post split.
We really need 5 this time around. Of course it’s possible

In our previous title wins we’ve won the league with 3 or 4 wins post split.
We really need 5 this time around. Of course it’s possible
What was the league table and our form looking like in these years? What was the Bheast squad like? Irrelevant to what happens this season. It’s a bit like saying ‘one goal was enough to win a game last week so it’s enough this week’.

I said on another thread that Clement has been a victim of his own success to some extent, which coupled with Celtic’s poor form helped drag us back into a title race we looked out of last autumn.

Overturning an 8 point defect to take a 2 point lead heading into the spring had us all daring to believe we could actually go on and win it.

It’s the cruellest of jokes then for the players to present that dream for us only to crush it with such a sudden and shocking collapse of form.

Celtic could still drop points themselves, but looking at us in the last two games, I don’t think anyone can seriously believe this group of players have the necessary character to rouse themselves and take advantage.

What was the league table and our form looking like in these years? What was the Bheast squad like? Irrelevant to what happens this season. It’s a bit like saying ‘one goal was enough to win a game last week so it’s enough this week’.

We closed the gap with Celtic to 2pts ahead of the Old Firm, with a 1-0 win away to Dunfermline. Dado Pro scored. We lost the Old Firm to fall 5pts behind with 4 games left, we won all 4 and Celtic lost 2 including on the last day, Helicopter Sunday

The point is, we don’t look like beating anyone. Not beating them at home damaged us. Win that day and we win the league. Shat it.

It will be annoying if that lot drop points in either of their next 2 games as they may very well do as you just know now that it's irrelevant. This group still wouldn't be able to go to parked, win and then win the remaining 2 games.

Op is correct, it isn't over even though we all feel the writing is on the wall. They could lose at Killie or drop points against Hearts. I'm hoping the no league games for week or so will give the manager time to figure things out and we just go for it and see what happens

When Clement came in we all would have taken it with the position we were in. Just trying to look for some positives, is there anyway we can turn our form around and do the unthinkable?
Other teams maybe but this group of shitebags and below average players? No chance.

We closed the gap with Celtic to 2pts ahead of the Old Firm, with a 1-0 win away to Dunfermline. Dado Pro scored. We lost the Old Firm to fall 5pts behind with 4 games left, we won all 4 and Celtic lost 2 including on the last day, Helicopter Sunday
I want aware of that.

Oh well, if it happened almost two decades ago to a strong Rangers squad in one of the most famous last minute title wins ever then it will definitely happen again with our current bunch of pathetic losers.

So no pressure to stop 10 in a row?

After Celtic were given the title the year before - they didn't win it on the park. Funny how when people want to slag Tav and Goldson they don't mention this fact.

Can you imagine if we had been given that title , you would never hear the end of it , but because it doesn't fit the agenda on here , we don't say a word about it.

I shagged a stunner 3 years ago but I've pumped only stinkers since then. Hardly makes me Don Juan now does it?

I want aware of that.

Oh well, if it happened almost two decades ago to a strong Rangers squad in one of the most famous last minute title wins ever then it will definitely happen again with our current bunch of pathetic losers.
Just no pleasing you is there :rolleyes:

It’s the hope that kills you. Dont do it to yourself; there’s no way this gets turned around. The best case is that it’s not season over by Sunday teatime.

When Clement came in is irrelevant, would you have taken it two weeks ago?
Exactly, I remember a lot of people excusing our collapse in the 2 cups during 55 and saying, “would you have taken the league at the start of the season” and that is true but when you get yourself in a position where you should seal the deal, you should not excuse failure because it looked unlikely at the beginning.

Exactly, I remember a lot of people excusing our collapse in the 2 cups during 55 and saying, “would you have taken the league at the start of the season” and that is true but when you get yourself in a position where you should seal the deal, you should not excuse failure because it looked unlikely at the beginning.
Exactly. Expectations can change over time.

Back