3pts Behind with 5 games to go

If the Jan / Feb Rangers turn up we’ll win the league.

Sadly what we currently have is miles away from that standard as a result have handed it to the Tim’s on a plate.

I’ve no doubt they will drop points in the remaining 5 games, we’ll drop more though.

Nowhere else on the planet would a title be deemed over with one team 3 points behind with 5 games to go.

The fact that hundreds of our fans have is mental.
You can’t have been paying attention to the EPL where hundreds (probably thousands) of Arsenal and Liverpool fans were all saying the same thing after last weekend.

When Clement came in we all would have taken it with the position we were in. Just trying to look for some positives, is there anyway we can turn our form around and do the unthinkable?
Dont do this to yourself, the leagues gone, there won't be any turn around, a team full of shyte bags, a squad full of losers

Fair enough but only shows how stupid some fans are. History has shown teams winning from much bigger deficits.
Or maybe history has also shown some teams consistently can’t get it over the line and their arses collapse under the pressure of a title race, while their direct rivals show the ability to get the job done?

no, it`s done. I'm not entirely sure why we've collapsed like we have, but no way this team is winning the remaining 5 games that would be necessary to win the league.

When Clement came in we all would have taken it with the position we were in. Just trying to look for some positives, is there anyway we can turn our form around and do the unthinkable?
This is a healing process thread, right? Trying to make yourself feel better. Reaching, hoping, praying for anything to delay the inevitable. It is not going to happen mate. Don’t put yourself through it.

Sterling in midfield or Raskin.

Lawrence isn't a central midfielder usually, he plays more advanced and is too slow and not robust.

Silva at left wing has been grim. Play a winger there like Matondo or Sima on that side.

As for way better, our squad is grim but guys being shoehorned in to unfamiliar roles isn't helping.

Sterling seems able to play a number of roles adequately but he should be centre mid where he can influence the game more by using his strength to dominate.

We have gone from looking comfortable and competent to looking below average in a short time.

The fitness and mentality of some is fragile and add a striker sho misses sitter after sitter and centre back who has forgotten how to play, it is a mess

Sterling, Raskin and Diomande in midfield for me

For some reason currently this team and squad don’t seem capable to go out and win 5 straight league games

Since the Motherwell game our form has collapsed domestically

Only the players can answer why that has happened

After the past 2 games I don’t see this team turning it around

Hope I’m wrong but doubt it

Away to %^*& with this shite. We have thrown away the title and handed it to them on a platter. Let’s not dress it up. “We would have all taken the position we are in”.

Sterling, Raskin and Diomande in midfield for me
That sounds like a midfield. Though Raskin needs to buck up his game.

We've been run over the top of at times recently as big holes in midfield.

The 4 2 3 1 has no hiding place if the 2 are guff or weak and slow.

Last edited:
Ofcourse it's not over yet. The worst thing is we have let a very average manks team off the hook. I suppose that doesn't say much for us

It's not over. That's a fact.
Big Phil has to fix what's been broken last 4/5 matches. Wasn't that long ago we beat Hearts 5-0 with a cracking performance. It's not impossible.
We have been dogshit for 3 matches though.

It's been a season of everything to be honest. Dragged ourselves from the brink, to the top of the table and it feels like back again.

There's nothing to be gained now from what ifs and what might have beens.

The only game that matters is the next one. Once that's dealt with, the next one again.

The bheasts will drop points but after that gutless pile if shite yesterday so will we

Its the hope that kills you.

Feel the team have 2 games that we should win and top the league.

1 point from a possible 6 and you realise its happened again.

From probable league winners to bottle merchants and you realise another season of nearly men

Nowhere else on the planet would a title be deemed over with one team 3 points behind with 5 games to go.

The fact that hundreds of our fans have is mental.
Exactly, my mind always goes back to the 05 title. After beating us at Ibrox were Celtic not 5 infront with only 3 or 4 left to play? Stranger turnarounds have happened.

They won't win every game till the end of this season. Problem is, after our recent capitulation.. It is highly likely neither will we....however stranger things have happened.

Ross county. Motherwell. Dundee. One point

Aye. We will rip it up.

I’m done with this season

It's possible. We have to outscore the rhats in every game and beat them by at least by five clear goals at the piggery. Or hope they lose two games in the run in and we lose none.
Do People not understand goal difference ffs.

We're currently 5 goals worse off. If we beat them even 2-0 then it's down to 1 goal and all to play for.

It won't happen but if we didn't have a team of charlatans then the above scenario wouldn't be outwith the realms of possibility.

Would love to think we still have a chance. But this group of players don’t have it in them mentally. Even if we had won both recent games and were 2 points ahead I’m not sure they could get over the line.

My prediction is we will finish 6+ points behind. Sadly.

Highly unlikely, at best. A squad full of utter shitebags.

Celtic will drop points, but unlkely it's against us and unlikely we go 7 unbeaten and are high scoring wins at that to make this an amazing treble.

We've come back from more points behind with less games so it's possible.

Highly unlikely now unless somehow we can start scoring and getting a few early goals to kills teams before half time. Dessers isn't reliable enough and Roofe is done. We're basically relying on Sima and penalties just now.

No.

Rationale.

We've just spunked 10 points in 5 games with less pressure than we are now under.

We have players who don't really care

We gambled on being reliant on a '9' as our main source of goals when the dogs in the street could see he'd let us down in tight games. "But look at his numbers". Yeah, but look at the context of the games.

We have a manager who is pissing with the cock he was given. Some of his team and in game selections have been questionable but, ultimately, the players have let him down in being unable to carry out the basics of football.

Our set pieces, particularly corner kicks, offer absolutely no threat with no apparent strategy. Tav takes an impotent outswinger. Tav gets the blame for taking said impotent corners but that is on the manager. Why is no other player taking corners and allowing Tav to provide a goal threat, most probably from a knockdown? Why are we not mixing it up in any way whatsoever. Utterly bizarre.

We've been cursed with a few key injuries. Cortes, Diomande and Danilo especially.

Have i missed anything ? (Probably).

Win every game and outscore Celtic.

Not a fucking chance.
Celtic aren’t winning every game either. Twists are possible here, but I just don’t think our team has the mentality or desire. But it’s definitely not unthinkable.

Shows how done the support is with this squad and rightly so. Most Rangers teams of the past would not be getting written off in this situation to the degree it is currently.

We need to 3-5-2 ,sterling needs pushed into that midfield 5 to battle & drive us. Our midfield is over run by opponents,so we need to negate that.

I still think if we beat them at parkhead we will be the ones with the trophy raised at the end of May. Can we do it? Who knows. Its unlikley as it stands. But, so was beating Betis away, knocking out Liepzig and Dortmund etc. I am not throwing the towel in yet.

Win on Sunday then win the first 2 split games and lets see what they do.

Celtic only need a draw against us but they'll come out and go for the jugular and we'll just sit back with our cautious mentality and let them. Of course the game for us will be lost by half time before we make any kind of half hearted attempt to rectify it far too late on.
Just as we always do at their shitpit.

Winning the title is unlikely on current form, but all remaining games are must win or a full on collapse from the other side, we're definitely not out of it.

Agree that it's tough to see this side mustering some semblance of character after the last two results.

However imo, fans should keep doing our bit from the stands until it's mathematically insurmountable.

As a side note POTY should be scrapped if we donat least win a cup double.

Celtic aren’t winning every game either. Twists are possible here, but I just don’t think our team has the mentality or desire. But it’s definitely not unthinkable.

Shows how done the support is with this squad and rightly so. Most Rangers teams of the past would not be getting written off in this situation to the degree it is currently.

Dundee away, Hearts at home before they play us. They will take 6/6 before the Old Firm.

No guarantee we will beat St. Mirren away and Kilmarnock at home.

If we both win our games and head to Parkhead 3 behind I doubt these players have it in them to get a win. A draw is no use.

As much as I want to believe....
It's hard to imagine turning the form around so quickly and going on a 5 game winning streak. Im not sure it's possible with these players and such a frequent tinkering of team selection.

Back