49 years ago - our 35th Title - 1975 v Airdrie

The only 6 goal game v Dolly I can remember was 6-0 or 6-1 in the 77/78 LC knock out rounds. We lost the return leg at Pittodrie 1-3. We played them 7 times that season, I was at all off them apart from the 6 goal thrashing at Ibrox :-(
Think he’s talking about Airdrie mate.

Before the game there was conducted community singing by Mal Hollander. All the old Rangers favourites, and I'm sure a sheet of these songs were handed out before going into the ground.

image1.jpg
Glass of Chardonnay in the Copland?

Travelled over in a bustling Subway as the excitement grew.

Was in the Enclosure with friends. Remember the song sheets (and the blue print that came off them), John Greig on the chariot, and the dreadful result.

We were beaten 1-0 by Airdire. A terrible game. I was in the Centenary Stand with my dad, his pals and their kids.

I recall we had song sheets.

The trophy was paraded around the ground by John Greig in "a chariot".

A wonderful touch was the parading of all the old league pennants by a troupe of majorettes.

How it should be done!

I have the programme for this.. I’m sure I got the song sheets as well.

Could not get into the rangers end that day i think it was tickets that day up the other end just before half time we witnessed a chip van that was outside the rangers end blowing up and nearly going into orbit any one else see this

We were beaten 1-0 by Airdire. A terrible game. I was in the Centenary Stand with my dad, his pals and their kids.

I recall we had song sheets.

The trophy was paraded around the ground by John Greig in "a chariot".

A wonderful touch was the parading of all the old league pennants by a troupe of majorettes.

How it should be done!

I was there

Back