A brief history of Ancelotti's smoking

In 50 years time children will learn of this thing (in by then ancient history) called smoking.
Seems such an own goal for society. Absolutely nothing positive about that disgusting habit
The same way my mother used to tell stories from the 1930s when her own mother would fry bacon and eggs in a frying pan using dripping then after serving the eggs and bacon, she’d pour the hot dripping over the bacon and eggs, I can feel my arteries hardening up just typing this.

In 50 years time children will learn of this thing (in by then ancient history) called smoking.
Seems such an own goal for society. Absolutely nothing positive about that disgusting habit
The same way my mother used to tell stories from the 1930s when her own mother would fry bacon and eggs in a frying pan using dripping then after serving the eggs and bacon, she’d pour the hot dripping over the bacon and eggs, I can feel my arteries hardening up just typing this.
Likewise alcohol, the biggest killer and burden on the NHS and society by a huge distance taking into account related illnesses and associated behaviours, packed A&E's over weekends, domestic abuse, drink drivers, homelessness etc. Oh wait, forgot that those are secretly socially acceptable things just so we can all still get blitzed before the game and nowhere near as harmful or disgusting as breathing in someone else's 2nd hand smoke and possibly dying from it 40 years later. I quit smoking quite a while back and agree it's detrimental to health but the holier than thow attitude around it compared to a far, far worse blight on society still annoys me to this day.

Used to get a piece n dip when I was wee. After everything was fried then a slice of bread dipped into the hot fat for a minute or two just to soak it up. Got high cholesterol now right enough.

Likewise alcohol, the biggest killer and burden on the NHS and society by a huge distance taking into account related illnesses and associated behaviours, packed A&E's over weekends, domestic abuse, drink drivers, homelessness etc. Oh wait, forgot that those are secretly socially acceptable things just so we can all still get blitzed before the game and nowhere near as harmful or disgusting as breathing in someone else's 2nd hand smoke and possibly dying from it 40 years later. I quit smoking quite a while back and agree it's detrimental to health but the holier than thow attitude around it compared to a far, far worse blight on society still annoys me to this day.
Bang on.Can also add cocaine into aswell which is ripping families apart up and down the country aswell as alcohol.Its ridiculous how normalised cocaine is nowadays.

Klopp allegedly legs it up the tunnel at half time for a quick bifter. Remember his 'Hampstead Heath' a few years back.

I've never smoked, never gave in to peer pressure in secondary school, I think it's a pointless habit. Though people are entitled to say that about booze as well.

But it works for some people.

My maternal granda, he had his own chair in the corner of the living room and a wooden chair in front of where he sat and that was his table. He'd get his meals delivered to him.

Now he smoked Capstan and John Players, constantly, and whilst the rest of the living room ceiling would be white, the bit of the ceiling above his wee corner was like the arc at the corner flag. So discoloured you had to see it to believe it.

Now my ma and da's house was basically across from my granny and granda's house, and up to the end he'd go out and get messages on a Saturday morning and come up to my ma and da's for his brunch. (a couple of pieces and square sausage) then he'd go across the road and back home.

In that time, he'd have done three or four smokes.

Even if it was winter time, as soon as he left he house we were opening windows and the door to the verandah.

I get that booze is bad, but it sometimes gets you through the sh1te.

I don't know what benefits tobacco can possibly give you?

Well said, sir. And I say that as someone who loves his beer.

nintchdbpict000004598452.jpg

My gran never drank as her grandfather who was well paid was an alcoholic and my great-gran's family (she was the youngest and born 1907 IIRC) would have been lucky to get the eggs and bacon. Sometimes they got a piece and dripping.

I remember we played Alania Vladikavkaz at Ibrox in 1996 and their manager was sitting in the dugout chain smoking for the whole game. Even in the 90’s it was unusual to see a manager puffing away in the dugout.

My old Grandad used to smoke the plain fags: Capstan, Senior Service, woodbine.

He passed away at 83 but for every one of my Grandad there must have been thousands who weren't so lucky.

I don't smoke and I don't care who smokes. I suppose it's just your Donald Duck as they say.

My old Grandad used to smoke the plain fags: Capstan, Senior Service, woodbine.

He passed away at 83 but for every one of my Grandad there must have been thousands who weren't so lucky.

I don't smoke and I don't care who smokes. I suppose it's just your Donald Duck as they say.
Same as that.

My Grampie loved a snout, worked down the pit all his life and made it to the same age.

Swapped all the aforementioned filterless snout for a healthier Kensitas Club King size in his latter years!

Can still hear him talking to himself before he lit up. "Think 'ahll blaw a reek".

Same as that.

My Grampie loved a snout, worked down the pit all his life and made it to the same age.

Swapped all the aforementioned filterless snout for a healthier Kensitas Club King size in his latter years!

Can still hear him talking to himself before he lit up. "Think 'ahll blaw a reek".
Your Grandad was lucky with his health, same as mine, he smoked those plain fags all his life and I remember when he died (of old age) when I was fourteen.

If you do smoke, it's just your luck if you get through life without any of those horrible smoking related diseases.

Back