A collapse of monumental proportions

11 days ago we could have afforded to lose at the piggery (if we beat them at Ibrox)

Then it was we just need a draw there

Then we just needed to beat them

Now we need to beat them and rack up the GD.

Utterly shambolic, and as I said on the match thread, unforgivable.
Rack up the goal difference? We don’t look like scoring again this season.

Sterling should have been moved into midfield. We needed urgency and he was the only player that could have provided it

11 days ago we could have afforded to lose at the piggery (if we beat them at Ibrox)

bottle merchants the lot of them mate

Sick of it, no reaction at all tonight as per fucking usual.
Yup - biggest thing about this lot play badly and get a bad result do we see them coming out next game determined to set it right. Nope we see the opposite scared and worried, lacking in confidence that they’ll not get a win!

Pathetic

It’s done.

Manager not absolved from blame either with strange line ups, subs and tinkering. Granted, he can only piss with the cock he’s got but still doesn’t absolve him.

Genuinely gutted tonight, and I’m usually pretty good at switching off from things like this. Hopefully we can play ourselves back into form, win the Scottish and do some surgery in the summer.
It’s all we can do. Agree on the comment about PC. I don’t see how he can start with that team after Dingwall. Silva is a waste of clathes. Rabbi should have been wide left. Roofe or Dessers? Flip of a coin tbh. With the lack of quality and form all over the pitch I am frankly not surprised it’s needed like this.

You could go through that entire squad and you could pick more negatives than positives with every single one of them.

Who gives a %^*& what follow follow thinks, it's obvious the midfield isn't working and there's a potential solution there that we don't even bother trying.
It's not about FF. It's about being damned if you don't and damned if you do. Doing either causes a problem for us.

I had twin boys born last August. They watch every match with me. I was hoping they'd have a nice Rangers title winning theme for their first birthday. Felt so confident two weeks ago. Now just dejected. %^*& this squad of absolute frauds.

It's not about FF. It's about being damned if you don't and damned if you do. Doing either causes a problem for us.
Unless he changes it the results and performances won't change the next 5 games.

That disgrace of a team he inherited aside Clement will need to take some of the blame for our play being so bad.

We've went back to playing with 1 midfielder and just lumping the ball up the park from our defence to strikers that don't even like to play with their back to goal.

Utterly shameful. Not 1 player even tried to put their heart and soul into a single minute of that game, only player close to it was a young Irish lad given 10 minutes returning from injury.

If the gaffer persists with that line up, it’s now on him from here on in. I don’t want to now about lack of choice, he could play anyone of the players on the bench in the starting line up and it would be an improvement in that starting 11.

Lundstram, Tav, Goldson should never play another minute our team.

Tell us the alternatives?

Go on, give us your starting 11?

Never mind hoping the filth slip up and we win all our remaining games, wonder when we’ll win any of our games.

The contribution from our midfield is absolutely fucking criminal. The fact we AGAIN hoped for Tav to rescue us and pull us out the mire (his free kick in the dying minutes) is an utter scandal. The “numbers” paper of the massive, massive, associated crack.

This is what pisses me off after a bad result. Thread after thread about how Tav didn't do enough. He's been poor lately, but tonight wasn't on him or Goldson.

We created absolutely nothing from open play and shouldn't be relying on our fucking right back to bail us out of trouble time and time again.

Where are the midfielders? Wingers? Strikers?

Reactions: lwl

Could be worse, we could all have just shelled out Hundred of pounds on season tickets and mygers etc. again.........OH Wait!

This is what pisses me off after a bad result. Thread after thread about how Tav didn't do enough. He's been poor lately, but tonight wasn't on him or Goldson.

We created absolutely nothing from open play and shouldn't be relying on our fucking right back to bail us out of trouble time and time again.

Where are the midfielders? Wingers? Strikers?
I agree by the way. Not sure if you’re agreeing with me or thinking I’m having a go at Tav. I’m not. The midfield’s contribution this season has been an absolute disgrace.

Losers find a way to lose and time and again it’s the same core of players that let us down.

It’s over for Tav and Goldson now they must be moved on and never have the honour of wearing that jersey again after this season.

They can’t go quick enough.

Last three games our midfield pairing has not been on the pace of the game. That means we do not transition with any pace. We played the game Dundee wanted tonight just as we did on Sunday. As we did first half against them.

Needs to change that for Sunday. But he wont.

Unfortunately biggest and most unexpected collapse in my lifetime as a Rangers supporter. First game 1967, so 56 years, never seen anything like it. I just cannot fathom what has happened. So so disappointed.

Unfortunately biggest and most unexpected collapse in my lifetime as a Rangers supporter. First game 1967, so 56 years, never seen anything like it. I just cannot fathom what has happened. So so disappointed.
We lost 3 of our last 9 games including 2 of our last 4 after beating Celtc the 97/98 season.

I know we're all raging but we've been through worse, including bad ones in recent years. We had a decent lead early in the 20/21 season and finished miles behind.

Sterling is completely ineffective at left back tbh you'd be as well just playing Barasic there
Correct, I think this is the single biggest mistake from the gaffer, I’ll call it a mistake but I have no knowledge of why we have made what is a significant change.

Lundstram is no where near mobile enough to play the sitting midfield role on his own. If you go back to the 3-0 away to Hibs a couple of months ago, we had Sterling or Raskin sitting beside him.

To give up that at this time in the season and waste Sterlings attributes by playing him at LB doesn’t make any sense at all to me, especially not when we have Borna sitting on the bench.

In all honesty, are we really surprised? They've consistently let down the support and previous managers. Deep down we all knew this was coming

We lost 3 of our last 9 games including 2 of our last 4 after beating Celtc the 97/98 season.

I know we're all raging but we've been through worse, including bad ones in recent years. We had a decent lead early in the 20/21 season and finished miles behind.
That's fair points you make.

Clement has exceeded our expectations massively this season. From where we were. We're dross and he can only be judged on next season is my take

It's what these players do, it just came a month or so later this time.
This is a watershed moment, much in the same way as Souness coming in was a watershed moment, or failing to win 9IAR was a watershed moment.

This season must signal the end of the Tav-Goldson-Barisic era. It isn't working. It's way beyond its sell by date.

We have to be bold and move into a new era. Sticking with the same tired old players is a comfort blanket which is suffocating us.

Going in to the Benfica game at Ibrox we were riding the crest of a wave. The buzz around the place was immense. The league was in the bag and we had a right good chance at a good run in Europe.

Since kick off that night it has been an absolute shitshow.

Where do we go from here? handed them the £30m+ UCL money again, probably gonna need to sell Butland to gather any sort of a transfer budget, I can see them winning another 3IAR

The same core group of players keep giving us the same results.

If you can’t win a tight league with them, you might as well find out how you’d get on without them.
Great point. With our budget what are we risking in this league? Winning mentality and winning a league Vs missing a few more penalties,??

We don't have anyone to fit in to create the midfield. The only real alternative is putting Sterling back in but we can't cos Barisic is a disgraceful left back.
Having a bad left back is probably better than giving the opposition complete control of the midfield every game.

Correct, I think this is the single biggest mistake from the gaffer, I’ll call it a mistake but I have no knowledge of why we have made what is a significant change.

Lundstram is no where near mobile enough to play the sitting midfield role on his own. If you go back to the 3-0 away to Hibs a couple of months ago, we had Sterling or Raskin sitting beside him.

To give up that at this time in the season and waste Sterlings attributes by playing him at LB doesn’t make any sense at all to me, especially not when we have Borna sitting on the bench.
He doesn't trust BB that's clear and when he does play him most are screaming for BB to be removed. The manager doesn't have many options imo. He either throws a youth player into left back or tries Davies there to accommodate Sterling moving to midfield.

An utter shambles.

Clement has lost the dressing room clearly. He’s not separated the shite from the half decent and is still mixing it up.

First port of call, get rid of the pathetic leadership group, you know, our obscenely high scoring, high personal goal captain, the same one that wilts under heavy pressure. Him and his vice captain pal.

Sick of the sight of the two of them.

Sick of the lack of urgency and fight and fucking bottle.

Too many passengers and bang average players that don’t deserve to wear our jersey but are deemed good enough by people who shouldn’t have been anywhere near our club.

We’ve regressed so badly over that last 5 games that this feels just as bad as the last days of Gio.

Fucking horrendous.
This make me think there was no point of sacking Gio or even Beale for that matter.
Its players that are the issue

The leagues gone let’s not pretend this ends any other way. That was a disgrace of a performance tonight, the fans continue to fork out a fortune and see the other mob hoover up trophies and cash.

Sick of it

Our team is fúckin pathetic. We did well to get into a good position and put some pressure on them, then nothing. Meanwhile money getting whipped out my bank for fuckin mygers, season tickets, cup games, to help fund a bunch of pussies that look like they're not even trying to win a game.

I know I'll be up for it on Sunday, but right now that's how I feel . Lol

Back