A good start on Saturday is a must!

Posts about their fans getting restless if we are drawing are wide of the mark, a draw suits them more than us remember
Perhaps, but in that scenario one late goal either way changes the entire complexion of the season

If its 0-0 at 88 mins and we score, that could be the 3 points and the title potentially coming to Ibrox

So they will assuredly be nervous the longer it stays 0-0 as they are probably building themselves up to the 2 or 3 up early doors

We prevent that and there will be restlessness in the stands because its a precarious situation (drawing) with everything that is at stake

If we kick off the game in the first half I hope we just go long and put pressure on their full backs straight away. We always go back and give them the chance to put us under pressure. Always seems to set the tone for the match in my opinion.
They did this to us a few seasons back, they took kick off, then Edouard just kicked it deep into touch.

We'll be able to tell after about 5 minutes how it's likely to pan out.

A strong start and we have a decent chance.

Rabbit in the headlights stuff and it'll be a hammering.
Seen us start well and still phuck it up.

It's vital that we press them high and don't allow their defenders to lump long balls.

Win the ball up the pitch less distance to their goal - simple :)

We have been guilty of giving the ball away easily - simple passes don't reach a blue jersey - Tav, Dessers, Cantwell and Soutar the worst culprits. Keep the fn ball and they can't score!

Am I the only one who thinks that no matter how we perform on Saturday, the outcome of this game has already been determined and that under no circumstances will we be allowed to win ?

It’s crazy to think how this team can go to Real Betis and win yet struggle time and time again over the city.

Play our best and we will win.

Looking at our games against them over the past 3 seasons and the way we've started games is pretty sobering.

Since August 2021 we've played them 14 times in league and cup. Here are some stats.

* They've scored inside 10 minutes 5 times (more than 1 in 3) ....... and 3 of those goals were inside the first 5 minutes

* Last time we scored first in a fixture with more than pride at stake, was 3/4/22 (10 games ago). We went ahead in the 3rd minute. They equalised in the 7th!

* We've only made it to half time without conceding at least one goal 3 times in those 14 games and again the last time, in a truly meaningful fixture, was over 2 years ago.

That must surely be some sort of mental block? And so many of the goals have been totally self-inflicted, due to the most basic of schoolboy errors. If we're to win this on Saturday, we need to be in their faces and totally switched on from the first whistle. Because recent history tells us they certainly will be! We can't just ease our way in for 20 - 30 mins. And we absolutely need to score first. Make them do the chasing for once.
No coincidence that we've had the same shite defence all that time.

With the full house, they will come storming out of the blocks. Weather that and getting the first goal is the key to victory.

We can't deal with their pressing. We need to play the game in a way that nullifies that. No short goal kicks, no faffing about with passing between defence. Just get the ball up the park to their full back areas ASAP and squeeze the game onto them.

Would be great to see us start a big game like the players haven't just got out of bed.

However, given our last run of games seems to have involved us coughing up a chance within the first minute, I'm not sure we're suddenly going to solve this for the piggery.

The chances of this lot suddenly being right up for it, or tearing into them from the start are sadly zero - too much previous evidence to know exactly how it's going to go.

Take into the game that we scored 3 and should of been 4 against them in the last half of football at Ibrox. Get right into them no f.ucks given. We can do this.

We’ll come out looking tired and will try to play keep ball due to a lack of energy and ideas as is usual.

They’ll score within 15 mins and pile on the pressure while we struggle to get it of our own half.

Cannot see it going any other way.

There's definitely a mental block but we've also been tactically inept

We've tended to play into their hands for the opening 20 minutes of these games. Allowing space, vacating the midfield, being too open, allowing them to press high and play through our midfield too easy. We've tried to go toe-to-toe when the better approach is sit back and frustrate, Walter-style, for at least the first 30 mins. OF games are 90 minutes, not 20.

I'm confident Clement is aware of this and will set up differently on Saturday
I think the opposite. Clement won`t adapt for this game, and I fear the usual early battering ram from them. Numerous attacks, and a succession of corners, where every man and his dog can see the first goal for them coming minutes before it actually hits the net. Our manager and backroom seem to watch this and let it run its course, which is usually defeat. Baffles me, that fans full of Buckfast and lager can see it coming, but our professional staff allow it to play out.

We usually start so passively there and it often backfires.

Would love to see us get the first goal for a change!

No coincidence that we've had the same shite defence all that time.

With the full house, they will come storming out of the blocks. Weather that and getting the first goal is the key to victory.
Why i would start as 5-4-1.
See no reason why we wouldn`t try to anticipate/neutralise something that we know will happen. The early storm from them. We seem to get caught cold every time. Why not fill the defence and plug the gaps with midfielders. At least for the first 20-30 mins.

Looking at our games against them over the past 3 seasons and the way we've started games is pretty sobering.

Since August 2021 we've played them 14 times in league and cup. Here are some stats.

* They've scored inside 10 minutes 5 times (more than 1 in 3) ....... and 3 of those goals were inside the first 5 minutes

* Last time we scored first in a fixture with more than pride at stake, was 3/4/22 (10 games ago). We went ahead in the 3rd minute. They equalised in the 7th!

* We've only made it to half time without conceding at least one goal 3 times in those 14 games and again the last time, in a truly meaningful fixture, was over 2 years ago.

That must surely be some sort of mental block? And so many of the goals have been totally self-inflicted, due to the most basic of schoolboy errors. If we're to win this on Saturday, we need to be in their faces and totally switched on from the first whistle. Because recent history tells us they certainly will be! We can't just ease our way in for 20 - 30 mins. And we absolutely need to score first. Make them do the chasing for once.
Because our players are scared stiff by the scum, certainly at their midden. It’s a monstrous mental block and one that I’m regrettably skeptical we can overcome until we move on the old guard.

Back